Storquest Reviews | Glassdoor

William Warren Hobin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at Storquest full-time

Pros

They have a very smooth hiring process. Great company to work with.

Cons

The only downside is remembering the different time zones since I am located on the opposite coast from their corporate office.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "property manager"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Storquest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

reasonable pay good trainer and district manager

Cons

no live in apartments

3. "Assistant manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tahoe Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tahoe Vista, CA

I have been working at Storquest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with lots to growing and great potential and awesome employees.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about company

4. "Bellman"

Current Employee - Bellman in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Bellman in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Storquest part-time

Pros

Close to my house and when I did a research I was so surprised with the benefits and opportunity company has.

Cons

The online application was difficult for me.

5. "Assistant manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Westbury, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Westbury, NY

I have been working at Storquest part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great orientation very knowledgeable helpful management that took their time training. Human Resources video with live HR person to go over and review all benefits that Storequest offers.

Cons

None at all had a great experience so far

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Storquest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Start late in the morning, if you like to sleep in.

Cons

Where to start. You enjoy being treated like 3 year old. This is the job for you.like being treated like number, this is the job for you. You are nothing ,never felt so worthless in my life

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter what you say to them, they don't care. You're a number . If your site is privately owned and the owner likes you, they care some what

7. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Storquest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment and culture. District Manager is team oriented and always available for help. Co-workers are very positive about their experience with StorQuest and are very welcoming.

Cons

None at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, environment and positive culture. Promote from within whenever possible.

"MANAGER"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Storquest full-time

Pros

Pay, benefits, and scheduling

Cons

Okay so where do I begin? When I got hired I was under the impression we all work as a team and need to have great communication skills. Well let’s start there. No communication at all! Training sucks. You literal have to be related or married to someone here to be able to move up and gain real knowledge of the company. It’s like a little cult it almost feels like your in the movie mean girls where everyone want to be part of the group but trust me you’ll be the outsider no many yet how hard you try. That’s why at this point I do the bare minimum to just get the day over and done with. It’s like they have their own alliances and if you’re not willing to brown nose then forget about ever getting promoted or treated fairly. Everyone here knows each other for a while so no matter how bad they mess up it will get taken care of and no big deal. This company has been the worst at training and making people feel welcomed. The pettiness almost feels unreal And it’s a stressful environment. Communication here sucks. Little errors that can easily be fixed among the employees or things that could easily take a text or a call for an explanation and possible solve the matter is directly taken to the DM BUT KID YOU NOT if you so happen to be like I said before related or married or doing whatever else the problem is simply swept under the rug and fixed no need to contact a team lead or district manager. But if you’re not you will get ratted out in a second. As simple as not putting a flag out, forgetting to do a simple task that WILL not effect business but leave a note asking for it to be done in the AM because you just simply forgot. An email will be sent to the DM. The gossip is unreal here I’ve yet to hear anything anymore why? Because I’m not part of the cult anymore I’m just waiting for God to she’s some light down and get me a better job but as for now I have to sit here doing what I gotta do to not get fired. It’s saddening because I actually love this job but the people here have made me feel so uncomfortable it’s almost gotten unbearable to work here.

Advice to Management

Improve your training and trainee! Keep personal life outside of the business and not have employees that know each other related or have any other relationship with co workers work together like not even in the same district.

"Property Manager"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Storquest (More than 3 years)

Pros

Schedule and benefits and apartment. Schedule is 9-6 and you get paid vacation and you can get an apartment on site

Cons

There is a lot of favoritism going on, a lot of unfairness. I worked there for 4 years and received a new District Manager and he had his favorite employees and if you weren't his favorite he made your work life hard. People that actually worked and tried hard he treated them bad and the ones that messed up he was good to them because he favored them. I got fired for unreasonable reasons and others that actually did things that meant termination he gave them chance after chance. If you wanted to be on Dm's good side you had to kiss butt, if not forget it no matter how hard you tried it wasn't good enough. Also HR did not have your back at all. If you went to talk to HR about an issue you had with your DM they would go and tell them. Very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

They need to make sure employees are treated fairly there should be no favoritism from anyone and you should't have to kiss butt to get anywhere or for your job to be safe

10. "Look for a different company to work for!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Storquest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sick pay, paid time off, and if you reach your rental goal you get either a $20 per rental bonus as a MIT, or $40 per rental bonus as a store manager. Only thing is they set the rental goal so high for some stores that it’s impossible to ever get a bonus.

Cons

Long hours, customers cursing you out for rental increases, have to be a brown noser to get a raise and/or a promotion. The pay is low for the amount of work you do. There is NO communication what so ever between team leads and upper management. If you are an assistant manager or MIT be prepared to work EVERY Sunday and Monday alone as those are “mandatory days off for store managers”. The MIT will be treated like a bellman (basically a janitor). There is no room for growth as the store managers have been there for 2-12 years and are not leaving anytime soon with the free apartment they get (yet get paid about the same amount as a MIT again unless you kiss up to management and are doing questionable acts to get higher pay)

Advice to Management

Look into your district manager as 12 employees quit so far this year and the years not over yet. New employees that the district manger knows come in making $1.00- $2.50 more than employees who have been there for over a year or two. Favoritism and brown nosing are very rampant here in the Colorado district. Communication needs to be worked on as there is no communication between team leads and team members. Training across the board needs to be done in all the stores, as some stores are failing their audits back to back and store managers as well as MIT’s are still working there after failing audits.