Study.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.8
Adrian Ridner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexible hours, work from home, great pay" (in 10 reviews)

• "Great culture, collaborative environment, free food, happy hours and events" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "You'll find it hard to make minimum wage" (in 6 reviews)

• "Very low pay for the work and experience required" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Study.com company review"

I have been working at Study.com full-time

Pros

Culture, Atmosphere, People, Product, Innovative

Cons

HQ's expensive to live nearby.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Company that counts"

I have been working at Study.com full-time

Pros

Great culture - a company that cares about employees, empowers young go-getters and has a great mission.

Cons

Not much. We're growing fast so there are growing pains as we figure out how to grow the organization but continue to keep everything we love about the culture.

"Endless Challenges"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Study.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting front end and back end challenges that really make a difference for the company and our users. Focused on big needle moving epics instead of endless minutia that I have dealt with in previous roles.

Cons

I wish the product had a bigger presence so we could make an even larger impact.

Advice to Management

Keep inspiring and leading your teams. We are on the fringe of something great.

"A Wonderful, Supportive Culture"

Current Employee - User Experience/Visual Designer
    Current Employee - User Experience/Visual Designer

I have been working at Study.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not only is everyone here super ambitious and skilled, but they're incredibly supportive to their coworkers. As someone who wants to grow as a designer, this is exactly the environment I was hoping for when I looked for a new position.

I'm able to reach out to anyone and ask questions, and everyone goes the extra mile to make sure you succeed. There are also regular design meetings when designers come together and talk about new design trends and best practices, so we're all able to learn from each other and make sure we're being the best we can be.

The benefits are also fantastic (who doesn't love comfy health care and free snacks and meals?).

Cons

No obvious cons thus far.

Advice to Management

Keep fostering this comfortable learning environment! It inspires me to go above and beyond.

5. "Great Culture, great benefits, great company!"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Study.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I currently work at Study.com, and I love it. We get great benefits, happy hours sponsored by the company, the Leadership team is always available for chatting, and you feel that you are more than just a number, feeling that is quite common when working on big companies. I would definitely recommend Study.com to friends that are looking for a job if they a looking for a job.

Cons

The company haven't assimilated the "work from home" culture yet even though we are still allowed to work from home once a quarter.

6. "Awesome company!"

I have been working at Study.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment working with people you want to be around. It's a fast-paced, exciting atmosphere where your contributions are implement and your voice is heard. They've created an atmosphere where giving and receiving feedback is a core part of our culture which is extremely helpful in continued professional growth within the company. Working here makes me feel like I'm really making a difference in the field of education.

Cons

Advancement opportunities can be limited, but my manager works very closely with me to make goals and helps me to achieve them. If you work hard and do a good job, it doesn't go unrecognized.

"Working with Purpose"

I have been working at Study.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you ever wondered what a successful company with work-life balance looks like - here it is! Working at Study.com is so much more than having a job, it's like having an extended family of driven people with diverse perspectives who want to make education accessible and constantly find new ways to do it. And challenge, and encourage each other too.
    I could go on at great lengths describing all the perks of working here - they are amazing, but I think that ultimately it's the people who work here that make this place so unique. Study.com-ers care about their workplace, their customers, and each other. Many parts of the company are involved in the hiring process and the HR Team does an incredible job ensuring candidates understand the company culture before deciding whether it's the right fit. And when they say that they care about giving and receiving feedback - they mean it.

Finally - I am so impressed with Study.com that I just sat down on my day off and wrote a lengthy review because I like it here, and I care about who joins us next. So if you consider joining, I hope this helps you in some way!

Cons

Like many places that care about their employees' feedback and think hard about the company's future direction - Study.com also faces some challenges with balancing new ideas and their implementation. We experiment, if we have to deal with failure - we try to fail fast and improve quickly, and that's the nature of business. If you cannot stand uncertainty and experimentation and have a strong preference for working with "fully-baked" ideas, this might not be the right place for you.

Advice to Management

One of the first things I noticed about working at Study.com was that the Management is genuinely attentive to employees' needs and ideas, no matter how big or small. Please keep up this culture of trust and shared commitment so we all can continue doing amazing work and share further success!

8. "Love it!!"

I have been working at Study.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fully stocked kitchen, lunch twice a week, but most importantly -- amazing people and culture! The Operations team goes above and beyond to make everyone feel comfortable and happy. Everyone is treated with respect and their opinion is valued. Adrian and Ben are true leaders, they meet every new employee and personally connect with each of us to ensure we feel valued. Looking forward to working here for months to come!

Cons

More drinks at the Friday Happy Hour??? Unlimited isn't enough!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Awesome Place To Work & Grow!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Study.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Study.com for 2 years and I truly feel lucky to have found such a great place to work. Perks aside (fully stocked kitchen, open work stations, company trips to the beach, etc), the best part about working at Study.com is the fact that the company believes in its' employees. Over the last few years, I have been able to gain an incredible amount of knowledge and experience due to the fact that the company recognizes and rewards hard work and passion. I am constantly challenged to think of new areas I want to grow in professionally and then given the opportunity to do so. The people who work here are incredibly friendly and intelligent. The product we have is unique and has the ability to revolutionize the way education is accessed. I am eager to see the growth the company will have in the next few years and I look forward to being a part of it.

Cons

No stock options. Profit sharing only occurs if the company gets bought out. Employees who leave before this occurs do not get any compensation.

Advice to Management

Continue empowering your employees to take ownership and make tough decisions. There has been an incredible amount of improvement with this in the last year alone. I believe this will be absolutely essential as the company continues to grow.

"Very Very Happy Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Study.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Study.com makes me want to come to work every day. Having a mission that is truly rooted in doing good for people makes all the difference in the world. Plus, our co-founders are not only brilliant people striving to do good in the world, they are down to earth individuals who know and value each and every one of their employees. They, along with all levels of management, are always looking to pair employees with roles that suit their strengths and allow them to grow and advance.

Cons

No roof top dining ..... yet.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and adapt to the way businesses in Silicon Valley do business and treat their employees. Job well done.