Study.com Reviews

4.0
Study.com CEO Adrian Ridner
Adrian Ridner
Pros
Cons
  • "Some of the editors introduce grammar mistakes into the answers before they are published(in 11 reviews)

• "20 for a 500-1000 word article that is expected to take you 2 hours (their estimate)(in 10 reviews)

"An amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Content Generalist in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Study.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, amazing mission, and some of the best people in the bay area. Company makes a concerted effort to provide professional growth opportunities.

Cons

These growth opportunities are often framed as lateral growth, given the company's relatively flat organizational structure.

Study.com2019-03-11

"Rude"

1.0

I worked at Study.com

Pros

You can work from home Pay is consistent

Cons

Tattletale culture Inconsistent work No opportunities for growth Won’t tell you when you are let go

Study.com2020-03-25

"So much potential.. but not a great environment"

Former Employee - Partnerships in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Study.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have a lot of benefits and a great product. Chris, Adrian and Ben are awesome!

Cons

I felt like I was in high school, lots of cliques and hard to relate to others. The increases are super unfair, you have no chance to advocate for yourself to prove your worth. Team members are constantly left out of the planning, so you don't really have the opportunity to be part of the strategic development. Also, wfh is crazy. You get 2 days a quarter, so you better not be sick. Not flexible at all... unless you are part of the cool club where it doesn't matter as much.

Study.com2020-01-16
  4. "Study.com company review"

I have been working at Study.com full-time

Pros

Culture, Atmosphere, People, Product, Innovative

Cons

HQ's expensive to live nearby.

Study.com2018-08-15
  5. "Company that counts"

I have been working at Study.com full-time

Pros

Great culture - a company that cares about employees, empowers young go-getters and has a great mission.

Cons

Not much. We're growing fast so there are growing pains as we figure out how to grow the organization but continue to keep everything we love about the culture.

Study.com2018-08-05

"Endless Challenges"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Study.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Interesting front end and back end challenges that really make a difference for the company and our users. Focused on big needle moving epics instead of endless minutia that I have dealt with in previous roles.

Cons

I wish the product had a bigger presence so we could make an even larger impact.

Study.com2018-05-10

"A Wonderful, Supportive Culture"

Current Employee - User Experience/Visual Designer

I have been working at Study.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not only is everyone here super ambitious and skilled, but they're incredibly supportive to their coworkers. As someone who wants to grow as a designer, this is exactly the environment I was hoping for when I looked for a new position. I'm able to reach out to anyone and ask questions, and everyone goes the extra mile to make sure you succeed. There are also regular design meetings when designers come together and talk about new design trends and best practices, so we're all able to learn from each other and make sure we're being the best we can be. The benefits are also fantastic (who doesn't love comfy health care and free snacks and meals?).

Cons

No obvious cons thus far.

Study.com2018-05-01
  8. "Great Culture, great benefits, great company!"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Study.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

I currently work at Study.com, and I love it. We get great benefits, happy hours sponsored by the company, the Leadership team is always available for chatting, and you feel that you are more than just a number, feeling that is quite common when working on big companies. I would definitely recommend Study.com to friends that are looking for a job if they a looking for a job.

Cons

The company haven't assimilated the "work from home" culture yet even though we are still allowed to work from home once a quarter.

Study.com2018-05-01
  9. "Awesome company!"

I have been working at Study.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment working with people you want to be around. It's a fast-paced, exciting atmosphere where your contributions are implement and your voice is heard. They've created an atmosphere where giving and receiving feedback is a core part of our culture which is extremely helpful in continued professional growth within the company. Working here makes me feel like I'm really making a difference in the field of education.

Cons

Advancement opportunities can be limited, but my manager works very closely with me to make goals and helps me to achieve them. If you work hard and do a good job, it doesn't go unrecognized.

Study.com2018-03-09

"Working with Purpose"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Study.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you ever wondered what a successful company with work-life balance looks like - here it is! Working at Study.com is so much more than having a job, it's like having an extended family of driven people with diverse perspectives who want to make education accessible and constantly find new ways to do it. And challenge, and encourage each other too. I could go on at great lengths describing all the perks of working here - they are amazing, but I think that ultimately it's the people who work here that make this place so unique. Study.com-ers care about their workplace, their customers, and each other. Many parts of the company are involved in the hiring process and the HR Team does an incredible job ensuring candidates understand the company culture before deciding whether it's the right fit. And when they say that they care about giving and receiving feedback - they mean it. Finally - I am so impressed with Study.com that I just sat down on my day off and wrote a lengthy review because I like it here, and I care about who joins us next. So if you consider joining, I hope this helps you in some way!

Cons

Like many places that care about their employees' feedback and think hard about the company's future direction - Study.com also faces some challenges with balancing new ideas and their implementation. We experiment, if we have to deal with failure - we try to fail fast and improve quickly, and that's the nature of business. If you cannot stand uncertainty and experimentation and have a strong preference for working with "fully-baked" ideas, this might not be the right place for you.

Study.com2018-01-15