TeamHealth Reviews

Healthcare

7h

a

Counselor

Just started a new job as an LMHC 7 weeks ago. It’s fee for service. Was told during the interview I’d have a full caseload always and have more stable clients. However, I’ve been getting at least 1 no show/cancel per day and found out that I don’t get paid for it unless the client pays. Now with these no show / late cancels, I have less clients and no new intakes are being put in my schedule even though I’ve alerted the intake dept several times. Is it bad I want to leave already?

5 Comments

Healthcare

31.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=TeamHealth~11221
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Horrible Management in lower offices.(in 36 reviews)
  • "Disorganization and poor communication.(in 20 reviews)
  • "There is no training.(in 19 reviews)
  • "They show extreme favoritism to certain ethnic group by employee them on the first day from staffing agencies without even posting the position internally, all of them had no experience in an office setting period.(in 11 reviews)
  • "too much crap from upper management even though they don't work at the facility the physicians are working and don't really know what's going on(in 9 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of TeamHealth and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Supportive flexible

Nov 2, 2021 - Family Nurse Practitioner
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and support. Management is involved for employee benefit

Cons

None. It’s great! Thank you

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

May 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love this company, great environment

Cons

I can't work for them anymore because I moved.

3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not a positive work culture

May 20, 2022 - Practice Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the doctors are nice and if you are at a good hospital the staff are nice and the food is good at the cafeteria and maybe you get to have to interaction with some nice patients and know that you are helping them and doing some good in healthcare helping people heal

Cons

This company is all about making the Blackstone private investment firm more and more huge profits ... and upper TEAMHealth management works to serve the Blackstone group so they can get their bonus. High turnover of inexperienced and incompetent supervisors and managers make you work like an indentured servant and treat you so poorly and work you to the bone. Current law suit in California against TH West for Management making the coordinators feel so pressured to meet certain productivity levels and make them work off the clock and tell them to use their personal cell phones all the time as hourly employees that clinicians end up texting and calling you back at all weird hours of the day and night when you are not on shift. They do not pay comparable to their competitors like Vituity and Sound Physicians and they expect so much of you. Avoid this company at all costs!!!

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

TeamHealth Medical Assistant

May 14, 2022 - Medical Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid higher than any office in the surrounding areas (not enough for what I was doing)

Cons

My boss worked from home in Tennessee so I had to figure everything out and the clinic has been open 2 years and I’ve worked there from the beginning with 5 doctors and 1 physicians assistant it was myself and the receptionist I was running an office and not getting paid anymore than normal for the work I was doing nor did I ever get a good job or thank you for stepping up

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

People are great but admin employees are not valued

May 12, 2022 - Human Resources
    Business Outlook

Pros

Largely, it's a very collaborative environment and people are willing to step in and help out where they can. Culture is defined by individual departments and they vary drastically but work-life balance is encouraged overall and their PTO is pretty generous.

Cons

Administrative employees are not valued nearly as much as clinical employees. The company is built so the clinicians are essentially the business and we are designed to serve them -- it creates a bit of a divide. Lack of direction is also a problem. We're asked to "figure it out" with little to no help/resources/money. Compensations varies because it's solely based on how willing your manager is to stand up for you. Annual reviews mean literally nothing.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to work for!

May 19, 2022 - Administrative Assistant in Knoxville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed my time with TeamHealth, nearly 5 years! The workload was reasonable and the team/family environment was welcoming.

Cons

None that I can recall.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

Poor staffing ratios

May 25, 2022 - Er Physician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, healthcare, good colleagues

Cons

Poor staffing ratios forced to supervise non physician providers but not given time to adequately supervise

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good Company

May 20, 2022 - Recovery Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible with schedule. Matches 401k

Cons

Pay is low, and they should consider paying more hourly.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great!

May 20, 2022 - Medical Coder
    Business Outlook

Pros

Retirement package was great. Great company

Cons

Pay rate and raises weren’t affordable

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing company

May 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flex time Flexible with hours Great pto time Benifits Seniors are great

Cons

Pay is not the best

Viewing 1 - 10 of 865 Reviews

TeamHealth Reviews FAQs

TeamHealth has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 909 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at TeamHealth to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, TeamHealth employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at TeamHealth. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

59% of TeamHealth employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated TeamHealth 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at TeamHealth to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be workplace, management.

Popular Careers with TeamHealth Job Seekers