TitleMax Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Tracy Young

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The pay is Good, the people not so much (in 38 reviews)

• PTO accrual, great pay in compensation for working hard (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Going to have to say work life balance, if you put the work in your there 10 hours a day to run a balanced business (in 40 reviews)

• Upper management sometimes is trained at the store level, which means a GM is training his boss (in 71 reviews)

"GM"

Current Employee - General Manager in Reseda, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Reseda, CA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great upper management and is transparent with communication from top to bottom. Pay is on par with the industry if not better. Closed on Sundays, Company truly understands work life balance.

Cons

There is no Cons working for Titlemax

Mar 5, 2018 – Operations

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! Thanks so much for leaving a review. We wish you continued success in your career with the Company!

2. "Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at TitleMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. You learn a lot on the job. This includes management and sales. Pay helped me for college.

Cons

The pay is pretty low. The work itself feels kinda scummy. Loan business makes you feel guilty!

Advice to Management

Not much. I'm glad laws are changing regulating the business..

Apr 23, 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

We value your honest feedback. We are always striving to improve and will take your feedback into consideration. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

3. "General Manager Trainer"

Current Employee - General Manager in Arleta, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Arleta, CA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work life Balance is amazing! the company and President Otto bend over backwards to take care of their employees and their needs, they call this the TitleMax Family and they really believe it! it warms my heart everyday to be able to help people and work for a company who walks the talk and talks the walk!
    The pay and benefits are above the industry standards!
    oh! and closed on Sundays

Cons

There is truly no Cons to working at TitleMax, this is THE dream job, make an application if you want to love where you work :)

Advice to Management

Guys, just keep doing what you're doing! my team loves to follow you all on twitter!

Apr 12, 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience at the Company. It is important that we know what we’re doing right in order for us to... More

"State and store location makes all the difference."

Former Employee - General Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at TitleMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, opportunity to make decent money if you can land at the right location

Cons

GM's will work 55-60 hours a week, salaried and no OT pay.
    Extremely performance based, your job is never safe and they like to remind you of that. No vacation time from Thanksgiving through Christmas. They require you to host store events and pay for food and refreshments for customers out of your own pocket.

Mar 13, 2018 – Operations

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! Our store hours are geared towards helping our customers when they need it the most. Our busiest season is in November and December and we... More

5. "General manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can manage your own store and your employees. Boss is visiting you once or twice per month

Cons

You canot get promotion next step is division manager..This position is never open and sdo many candidates for position. Working a lot of hours..hard to balance family life .

Advice to Management

They should listen more employees and give more chances to the manager who wants to be promoted

Mar 13, 2018 – Operations

Thank you so much for leaving a Company review on GlassDoor! We are dedicated to providing our team members with opportunities to advance within the Company, and even have an entire Workforce... More

"Assistant Store Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Arleta, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Arleta, CA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vey strong leadership. This company demonstrates unity within its employees. The direction we are going as a company is amazing.

Cons

To be very honest there is no con. From the CEO all the way down to the ASM everyone is on the same page.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for greatness to be the best Title loan company

Feb 28, 2018 – Operations

7. "District Director of Operations"

I worked at TitleMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay. Good job for a min of 2 years to pay of debts or relocate where you want to go.

Cons

Absolutely no control. Have no say when it comes to people. As a 6 figure salary you are just an auditor. Not one GM is safe in their JOB. Again every position is good for a year or two.

Advice to Management

Listen to the field. Or work in the field so you know what is going on

Apr 9, 2018 – Social Media and PR Strategist

"Best of my years working with Titlemax"

Former Employee - General Manager in Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at TitleMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to learn, and to get knowledge of a lot of things . . . . Loved my job !

Cons

They are closing stores, not telling us if we will be still working with Titlemax. Doesn't look like they care much about their employees.

Advice to Management

Know better your employees. There are really hardworking people working for you that seems like you don't care.

Mar 21, 2018 – Operations

Thank you for your review! Sometimes companies go through transition periods where they need to right-size. Unfortunately, that does mean that we have to close stores occasionally. However, whenever... More

"Amazing Workplace"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, environment and benefits. PTO accrual, great pay in compensation for working hard. Promotions are alaways available and being able to work in different places makes for a great experience. Management is dependable, understanding, motivating and flexible. Work schedule is great, stable with Sunday's off.

Cons

No cons until this day, keep up the great work TitleMax!

Advice to Management

Continue working with and motivating your employees to grow the company. The compensation of being a part of an amazing team is a great feeling.

Jan 29, 2018 – Operations

"No transparency"

Current Employee - General Manager in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Newport News, VA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every other weekend off. Holidays off.

Cons

They don't have specific guidelines other than firing you, if your numbers are bottom 20 for the region. I am always short staffed due helping other stores. High expectations that are really hard to execute well when having to many obstacles in place. For example, scanning each page , slow computers, conference calls, flyering cars in saturated market, title audits, marketing binders, recovery , e.t.c....

Advice to Management

Don't expect somebody to turn around a slow store in one year when they drop T/A during tax time right before they take over . Look at how they maintained growth , NL, and transaction count. You can't profit a store unless it is in good location and less saturated market.

Feb 28, 2018 – Operations