TitleMax Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tracy Young

Pros
  • Advancement opportunities for employees, ability to transfer with the company, good pay, good benefits, (in 32 reviews)

• Great pay, great people to work with, very busy/ fast work environment (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance will sometimes take a back seat to getting last minute assignments completed (in 34 reviews)

• Upper management or the ACV desk makes all of them (in 68 reviews)

1. "Decent place, I regret leaving."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at TitleMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The coworkers when I first got hired, loved them, loved the customers, learned a lot, definitely have to be able to handle difficult situations

Cons

Company changes frequently, eventually started going into work wondering if I may have a job or not.. and cleaning out the nasty, dirty repo cars

Advice to Management

Don't pick favorites, need more team work

Feb 28, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience at the Company. It is important that we know what we’re doing right in order for us to ... More

2. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Titlemax is known for customer service. a lot of customer service experience you wont get in most jobs. Sundays offices are closed. Holiday pay. 401k, Benefits. Room for growth within the company. company promotes within the first 90days

Cons

Pay isn't that great. Long work hours . open on Saturdays. have to spend ur own money for marketing.

Advice to Management

start with a higher pay and increase hourly pay

Feb 28, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

We appreciate your feedback, thank you so much for leaving a review. It is important for us to recognize constructive criticism; we will be sure to review your suggestions with our management team.

3. "Depends on the store"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at TitleMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun people to work with.

Cons

Collections! Sometimes the GM will push for a loan to get approved in order to get bigger bonuses but then it's hard to collect the money because the car isn't worth anything.

Advice to Management

Give ASM and SM a bigger bonus.

Feb 28, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

Thank you for your feedback and review. We take all reviews into consideration and will be sure to review this information with our management team. We know there is always room for improvement and ... More

5. "store manager"

I have been working at TitleMax full-time

Pros

its a very easy and friendly envirment

Cons

not great pay for the work and goals that are expected

Feb 28, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

Thanks so much for leaving a Company review on GlassDoor.

6. "Meh"

Current Employee - General Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It pays realy, reallyl well.

Cons

You will have zero life outside of work.

7. "General Manager"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at TitleMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are none for this company.

Cons

1. Hours are inhumane, you have to be there by 8:30 in the morning and don't get to leave until 7:15. If you leave before 7:15 you are put on a list and if you do it enough times you will be written up, because somehow 10 hour days are not enough for this company.
    2. There is no room for growth, in the past maybe but now it is all about firing anyone who makes more than 38,000 a year and getting someone who will accept less than minimum wage for the at least 50 hours you will be required to put in.
    3. They fire people for absolutely no reason. I was in the top % for my store and my region as was my boss and my bosses boss and we were all still fired. When I asked why, they couldn't even give me a reason all I was told is I didn't make enough money for them, even though I was up 100% in loans for the month.
    4. Health insurance sucks
    5. Bonus program is a joke, and don't let them fool you it is a supplemental bonus so it is rolled into your salary. Which means if you ever actually manage to bonus, highly unlikely as that is, you will only get it if it is over a certain amount because every second check you get from them a month has your "bonus" on it which is not actually a bonus, it is profit sharing or some such nonsense. What really is is a way for them to say they will pay you x amount of dollars plus bonuses when in reality they pay you only the bare minimum and use loopholes in the law so they don't have to pay overtime nor are you being compensated for all the hours you are required to work.
    6. They do not care about you all they care about isomething they bottom line and how much money they can line their pockets with on the back of your hard work.

Advice to Management

You should feel ashamed to work for a company that treats it's employees like nothing more than numbers. You need to remind yourself that you are no safer than the people you lay off. You need to remember that these are people with lives and families that you are ruining in a race for the almighty dollar. I hope you all have trouble sleeping at night and looking your loved ones in the eye after the horrible unethical immoral way you have treated people.

Feb 28, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

Thanks for your feedback. At TitleMax, we are committed to creating a positive working environment for our employees and are disappointed (and disheartened) to hear that you had a negative ... More

8. "General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at TitleMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is ok insurance benefits are average to other companies

Cons

No life outside work. They sell you on getting to have 2 days off but punish you if your collections slow file is high by making you work on your day off. Not worth the headaches you will come home with. Keep looking.

Feb 28, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

We value your honest feedback. We are always striving to improve and will take your feedback into consideration. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

9. "SHADY IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!"

Former Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TitleMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are ZERO pros for working for this company.

Cons

Deception, unprofessionalism, harassment, bullying and intimidation should be their Mission statement. They manipulate the numbers so you will never receive the pay you earned, will not pay you earned overtime and set unrealistic goals, setting you up for failure. When you get fired, and trust me, you will, they have the audacity to contest your unemployment claim. Research their lawsuits and do not work for this company.

Advice to Management

No advice....upper management is a joke!

10. "Keep looking..."

Pros

Located downtown near great restaurants

Cons

Poor Management and no room for growth.

11. "Not too bad !"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay
    Friendly staff
    Awesome customers(most of them anyway)

Cons

My issue with this company is the favoritism. Management treat different stores differently. And then when there's a issue within the store between co workers the whole district knows. I also dont like the fact that i came into this store with experience and they tried to give me the lowest possible. Luckily i love my job ! And promotions are not given when due ! They give promotions to people who dont know what they are doing instead of to people whose ready

Advice to Management

promotions should be given to people whose work shows their worthiness. Also need better benefits , benefits are way to costly