TitleMax Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tracy Young

Pros
  • Advancement opportunities for employees, ability to transfer with the company, good pay, good benefits, (in 33 reviews)

• Great pay, great people to work with, very busy/ fast work environment (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Going to have to say work life balance, if you put the work in your there 10 hours a day to run a balanced business (in 35 reviews)

• I'm the fall of 2015 upper management had a meeting to save on payroll (in 71 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is always changing with the technology and we provide many avenues to help our customers! I work a lot but it's worth every minute! Great pay!

Cons

There are long shifts to work at times.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. "Motivated like never before"

Current Employee - General Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work in Orange County at a Titlemax. Our new VP James Placek recently came through. This guy is like Eric Thomas when it comes to motivation and making us believe we can accomplish anything. Me and my entire team were ready to tackle the world after his visit with our Regional. He made us feel like we matter because we do. He did role plays and coached us until we had them down pat. I am lucky to be in Division 4 with him as our leader.

Cons

We close at 2 pm now on Saturday and that takes away two hours of business on this day. I think we should stay open longer to beat the competition.

Advice to Management

I am motivated and love working here. Thanks for making Mr. Placek our VP. Nothing can stop us. Consider putting hours back to 4 pm on Saturday.

May 26, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! Thanks so much for leaving a review. We wish you continued success in your career with the Company!

3. "I love what I do, and would do it again with some small changes."

Current Employee - General Manager Superstar in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager Superstar in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You dictate what earn to an extent. If your in a good spot you will flourish with some elbow grease of your own. If you lay back and wait for the door to swing open you will most likely be unemployed soon. You really can make some good money here!

Cons

Going to have to say work life balance, if you put the work in your there 10 hours a day to run a balanced business. Next issue is be ready for overwhelming change then change again, then back to the first change, then finally someone will figure it out or change it again. I kind of like it,,most people dont.

Advice to Management

You shouldn't have to uproot your family to take a promotion, your going to miss out on game changers to your benefit over it, wake Up! Just because others are free to move about the country for a promotion does not mean you hired the best person for the job. It's the blind leading the blind scenario! You have game changers in markets that could be blockbusters for you if you keep them close to home but away from the district they came from. Open your eyes before the competition pick up these diamonds in rough up.

May 26, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

Thank you for your feedback and review. We take all reviews into consideration and will be sure to review this information with our management team. We know there is always room for improvement and ... More

"Just Not Worth the Hassell"

Former Employee - General Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at TitleMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A paycheck. Benefits and air conditioning.

Cons

Sarcastic management. Shady upper management. Entire days in the extreme heat and cold marketing while management gets paid off your sweat.

Advice to Management

Coordinate daily activities better. Stop being shady and untruthful. Increase pay for amount of work required.

May 26, 2017 – Sr. Talent Strategy Manager

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us; they will be shared with our management team. We are always looking for ways to improve!

"CSR"

Former Employee - Csr1 in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Athens, GA

I worked at TitleMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I gained alot of integrity while working here.

Cons

EVERYTHING. EVERY LITTLE THING. They say they will give you a raise after 90 days, BUT refer back to a welcome letter that indicates that you are not obligated to a raise. They have alot of bait. It was literally the worst moral experience I've ever had. You are required to bluntly lie to elderly, disabled and young people. 90% of the customers are people who live off Social Security. The most polite way to put it is, TitleMax will rape you of all your money and vehicle. They do not discriminate on who they take from. At the end of the day all they are concered with is numbers. Terrible company if you have even half decent morals. Working at McDonalds is better than working for the Devil.

Advice to Management

You are Evil. Find a new job and pray for your soul.

"General Mgr."

Former Employee - General Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - General Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at TitleMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid decent, pretty good training,
    Nice people

Cons

Wearing suits and ties way outdated for customer base, goingnout knocking on doors to collect money very dangerous in my opinion. Long days.

Advice to Management

Loose the ties and go business casual it's 2017 not 1960.

"The new Enron"

Former Employee - District Director of Operations in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - District Director of Operations in Savannah, GA

I worked at TitleMax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you would sell your soul and eat your young then this is the right place for you. Nothing about this company is positive.

Cons

I'm the fall of 2015 upper management had a meeting to save on payroll. The decision was made to increase charge offs and lower bonuses. This is A FACT! I dare anyone above a SVP level to refute it. Ask anyone that worked over that year what they made in the 3rd and 4th quarter of 2015 compared to 2014. I spent 5 years at this company and left in October of 2016 due to numbers being manipulated. They run different P&L's from what they report the field. Report analyst are made to change month end numbers to save on payroll. Another FACT! Upper management is so lost in their own pathetic egos that the line of right and wrong had been beyond blurred.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look in the mirror and know that no other company in the world would pay you collection of idiots close to what you make now. Not news to any of you. Its why you have created a culture based on saving your job and not doing the right thing. We shall see how that works out in the end. Hopefully with all of you incarcerated.

8. "asst. manager/ customer service"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Wichita Falls, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Wichita Falls, TX

I worked at TitleMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved my customers. And I was always happy when I could help them with their financial needs. And I also liked the girls that I worked with.

Cons

District managers never stayed long. Every time a new one would come in and want something different. And this went on the whole time I worked there.

Advice to Management

When you have that many changes in management, you need to all get on the same page. Can't run a store when you run off good employees.

9. "Manager"

Current Employee - Management in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Management in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Long term career, company you can grow with!
    Opportunities to gain many resume points if you ever leave!

Cons

Fast changing industry. Some days get long.

"District Director of Operations"

Current Employee - DDO in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - DDO in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People! the people here are incredible and the leadership is second to none. The company is constantly looing to improve systems and processes and definitely does not suffer from "analysis paralysis". Change is inevitable and happens fast at Titlemax. If you fear or dislike change look elsewhere. If you want to be constantly improving and growing this company is perfect for you. I am fortunate enough to partner up in the Division 4 team that is filled with great leaders at all levels. Rich Stacey and James Placek are both inspirational leaders that stand not behind, but alongside their people through thick and thin. I count my blessings every day.

Cons

Health benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Ignore the critics! Keep keeping on as you are. Typically posts on search engines are written by disgruntled former employees with nothing better to do and they failed with Titlemax because they weren't driven and open to change. I love the performance culture!