TitleMax Reviews

Updated May 3, 2021

3.3
TitleMax CEO Tracy Young (no image)
Tracy Young
Pros
  • "Good pay, great co workers, move up quick(in 58 reviews)

• "Great pay without a college degree(in 51 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Revolving door of upper management that causes constant changes in expectations(in 86 reviews)

• "Stressful to get people to pay loans(in 72 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great

May 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very great company to work for

Cons

Not enough hours during the week

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good job environment

Apr 20, 2021 - Store Manager in Del Rio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The job it's pretty fun itself since we get to meet alot of people and interact with them on the daily basis and the job is not physically demanding at all but there is a certain amount or percentage we have to meet by the end of the month but that just spices thing up and makes it interesting to keep up to a challenge.

Cons

There is really no downside to the job here but if I had to point something out is that the entire system sometimes becomes so slow to the point where you tend to completely forget what you were about to do because the computer just keeps on loading and loading.

Communications & Social Media Specialist

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us; they will be shared with our management team.

3. 5.0

Amazing Place to Work

Apr 19, 2021 - General Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work if you enjoy leading a team, running up a scoreboard and positioning yourself as a top performer. Great for people who are driven and ambitious. You will not find a better place to work in regards to moving up within a company and ability to make more money.

Cons

You control your own destiny. If you are not a self starter, you might not like it. There are quotas to meet, so if you don't have that fire you will struggle.

Communications & Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you’re enjoying your time at with us!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excited to build a career with this company!

Apr 19, 2021 - District Manager in Gilbert, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company works day and night yo make sure they take care of their employees, as an example they stayed open during a severe pandemic and supported their people through it all.

Cons

Staffing is one of the hardest parts I see with company, it's surprising because hours of work aren't long and benefits are amazing!

Communications & Social Media Specialist

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience at the Company. It is important that we know what we’re doing right in order for us to continue to improve.

5. 5.0

Great job

Apr 20, 2021 - Store Manager in El Paso, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I just started to work here but the transition has been pretty good, the company provides good resources for training. The company is very team oriented and all my coworkers all always open to help in anyway. Also the introduction of new technology makes our life easier like having an app for customers to pay and refer other customers.

Cons

Having to work every other Saturday

Communications & Social Media Specialist

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! We value your honest feedback. We are always striving to improve and will take your feedback into consideration. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great pay/Okay schedule

Apr 22, 2021 - General Manager in Arab, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great money, work at your own pace, flexible schedule, not so “corporate controlled”, good vacation and benefits, etc

Cons

Late hours and long days, limiting staffing based on your profits, customer threats (no one ever did anything, just angry and not thinking sometimes), constantly changing the way KPIs are controlled making it difficult to control your numbers.

Communications & Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We take all reviews into consideration and will be sure to review this information with our management team. We know there is always room for improvement and we are striving to be the best!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growth and development

Apr 20, 2021 - General Manager in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome company to work for not only do you get great benefits and pay You also grow within the company and learn so much about business I have to say I found my career and a company that keeps me motivated

Cons

During the holidays can’t take vacation until after the holidays due to busiest time of of the year

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good while it lasted

Jan 6, 2021 - General Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good supplemental Bonus if you had a good DDO that cared about you. - Closed on Holidays - Decent PTO - Laid back and easy going if you had a decent store and trust worthy DDO

Cons

- Hourly Pay sucks. The same pay as ASM or SM. - Inconsistent underwriters. Everyone gives the value of the collateral a different number making it difficult to offer an exact amount to the customer. - No WORK LIFE BALANCE ( GO in at 8:30 am and leave at closing time, unless you had a loan then you would be staying longer). - Unrealistic sales expectations. Company has a record of tarnishing good customer history buy not allowing them to reloan an amount they already had before even if there was a short time in between or the collateral was unchanged. - No REAL WAY OF MOVING UP ONCE YOU GET TO GM. Unless you pander to the RVP and SVP or are willing to relocate to Texas. This company loves TEXAS. Always opening stores and looking for new DDO's there. Everywhere else, DDO positions are few and far in between. - Titlemax could have done something different to stay in business in California. Instead it chose to thrown in the towel and cut its loses.

9. 5.0

Great Job!!

Apr 20, 2021 - Store Manager in El Paso, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work atmosphere, Team work that feels like family, Focuses in making everyone successful. Cant wait to get promoted to my own store!

Cons

No way to hate the job!! Enjoying it every day!!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Why working for Titlemax is the best option for you!

Apr 20, 2021 - General Manager in El Paso, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff/company, teamwork a plus, very good work life balance! and only work 5 hours every other Saturday, off Sundays, Hours are guaranteed, you get a day off during the week every other week

Cons

no complaints I thoroughly enjoy working for TitleMax!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 812 Reviews