Ubisoft Reviews | Glassdoor

Ubisoft Cofondateur et Président-Directeur Général Yves Guillemot
Yves Guillemot

1,033 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Very good work life balance for family" (in 69 reviews)

• "great work environment and spirit" (in 116 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low salary compared to the amount of work" (in 63 reviews)

• "work life balance goes for a toss" (in 15 reviews)

1. "Associate Director"

I have been working at Ubisoft full-time

Pros

Lovely spirit, welcoming company, passionate about gaming.

Cons

Big company, slow to change

2. "Great Place to Work"

I worked at Ubisoft full-time

Pros

Great people.
    Sane working hours

Cons

Ubisoft has a culture of consensus that sometimes makes it difficult to make business decisions

3. "Very Poor Work-Life Balance, Relatively Low Pay"

I have been working at Ubisoft full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, good company culture

Cons

Way too many hours, known for underpaying employees

"I got robbed twice working at Ubisoft (like literally)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ubisoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The experience of working on a major title, many people don't get that. My work, and the work on the title was an incredibly rewarding experience.

Cons

- My computer was stolen from the ubisoft building from my desk, a hobo off the street somehow came in and stole it. My work PC mind you. I lost 1-month worth of work.

- I was robbed the second time when the fire exit door was remarkably left open, allowing more hobos to come in and steal my personal belongings this time. I wasn't the only one robbed in the building. The second time it also seemed like they didn't use insurance to cover the cost because then the insurance rate would go up, and I was told to suck it up.

- Management was horrifying about the ordeal, claiming it was my fault my stuff got stolen the second time because a companywide e-mail was sent telling people not to have their personal items at work. So, you can't customize your desk on the fear of being robbed. Seriously, this is a multi-billion-dollar company that can't afford security.

- My lead didn't know the direction we wanted to go. Using vague terminology to describe what he wanted in Wikipedia, then yelling at team for not going the direction he thought he wanted to go.

- My leads and upper management wanted me to fail by not revealing to me issues they had with me and my work until the project was over. Unwilling to resolve issues amicably.

- Producers had less experience in the industry than the development team. This let to many issues when producers would offer solutions that were bad ideas, but demand they be put in anyways, then removed when they didn't work, wasting time and resources from the devs.

-Producers managed time but lied about the time we had to finish our part of the game. There are parts of the game untouched by our department because it was never scheduled. And yet my lead had the audacity to blame me for not finishing, left my head scratching.

- Wasted food. We would get free food in the cafeteria, but management kept buying food no one wanted, resulting in a lot of food no one would touch. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the company had an unhealthy obsession with buying skim milk for everyone. There would be 1-2 jugs of skim milk that would go untouched rotten by the end of each weak, the fridge would be over-crowded with jugs of different types of milk. Meanwhile, when I requested one of the jugs be whole milk because the skim-milk goes wasted, I sent them a picture of the wasted milk, just so they'd believe me. I got written up for it because that insinuated the person ordering food is wasting food, and I hurt her feelings, apparently by sending the proof via pic. Can't believe that happened.

- Instead of hiring a maid to clean dirty dishes, management would often throw away dirty dishes, cups, and silverware, rather than clean them. This happened more than once during production

- Mandatory morning meetings wasting 2 + hours of work, providing little to no use to the majority who attend. They expect you to make up the time we missed in OT.

- When they tell you to come to OT you better come, otherwise you'll be gone before you know it.

- I got harassed by a disgruntled employee because he didn't like the way I worked on his stuff, even though I was asked by management to work on it.

-Some leads JUST DON'T COMMUNICATE with their teams. Like, am I supposed to be working on this? Who is supposed to be working on this? It was never communicated, sometimes resulting in two team members having worked on the same thing.

-Despite the many women and LGBT crowd at the company, I got picked on for being gay. In fact, one person calling me names, was a lesbian just trying to fit in with the guys.

- One time I found spit in my coffee cup. I told my lead about it and he told me it was no big deal and to ignore it.

Advice to Management

- I'm not sure there is any advice I can give that wouldn't be ignored, seeing that management got defensive about skim-milk.

"Sub Standard Quality Standard and Unstable work environment."

Former Employee - Player Support in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Player Support in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Ubisoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Free Games
    -Networking Opportunities
    -Working next to like minded geeks

Cons

-Customer service department is under funded and it shows. Training is almost irrelevant to what you will actually be doing. The customer service department only cares about hitting numbers. Bare minimum quality, Any time an opportunity arose to go above and beyond for the customer, they just refused. Everything is done through text macros and there is almost zero time to add a personal touch.
    -Because of unrealistic metrics, no one takes the time to figure out real solutions. What almost EVERYONE does, is just throw some sort of generic troubleshooting steps at the customer and since agents don't have to take ownership of their support tickets, the mess is just pushed off to next agent. Example: Customer Comes in for game crash. Then First agent sends general troubleshooting steps. The customer doesn't read it because the emails are wall of poorly written instructions. Catered to someone with an experienced technical background, but definitely not towards the 16 year old just wanting to play their game. Then next agent, reads a few words of the reply and decides which other generic troubleshooting steps they want to send the customer. This goes on until the customer gives up actually trying to get help, or one of the over worked "experienced agents" takes the time to actually fix the issue.
    -All full time employees are jaded and burnt out
    -Customer base is pretty toxic. Lots of toxic players play Rainbow six seige
    -Customer service department is told they a loss mitigation and that they have no value. They are seen as a liability, caused by NDA leaks, which would be prevented if they actually cared about bringing quality people into the workplace. I didn't even get an in person interview.
    -There is about a 80% chance they are going to let you go after the buzz of their new game is gone and , if you are lucky next time they release a game. They may call you back just to under pay you and over work you again. And maybe after they do they to you a few times, they MIGHT hire you on directly instead of through a staffing agency.
    -Career minded customer service agents are squeezed out. There is alarming amount of resistances to listening to constructive feedback. They just wan't button pressers, not intelligent career minded individuals.

Advice to Management

-Bring in a 3rd party company that is known for their customer service, let them audit the current process from the ground up, then take their advice. Current leadership is weak and does not handle feedback very well.

6. "One of the best (and most challenging... in a good way) experiences in my career"

I worked at Ubisoft full-time

Pros

Great company and products. A fun place with lots of smart and talented people to learn from. Some good perks.

Cons

Working really long hours, especially leading up to the launch of a game. Work-life balance is sometimes difficult to achieve.

7. "Ubisoft North American Sales Office"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ubisoft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Video game industry is exciting. Good perks and parties. International company with a diverse workforce. High emphasis on employee retention. I loved my coworkers. Great location in SOMA neighborhood of SF.

Cons

You need to like an open floor plan.

8. "Analyst"

I have been working at Ubisoft full-time

Pros

good team members to work with.

Cons

low pay than similar companies.

"Care more about the bottom line than you."

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Ubisoft (More than a year)

Pros

I made some great friends there.

Cons

Management will not listen to their employees.
    Will pay you well below the area average for that job.
    Not do review on a regular schedule.
    Keep you at a contract position while asking you to do full time employee's work.
    No room for career growth.
    Care more about the time on the phone then helping the customer.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and give them a sense of

"Communications"

I have been working at Ubisoft full-time

Pros

Great culture and overall great company to work for

Cons

Not a great maternity leave or work from home policy.

Showing 1,033 of 1,209 reviews