Ubisoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2018

2.7

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

Was interviewed by two of the departments leads at the time. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was offered the job and accepted within 2 days. They then withdraw the offer and reoffered it again a month later,

Assistant Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Typical 3 stage interview. Not difficult by any means, everyone was friendly and professional. Was right around the holiday season, so there was some lapse in communication, but all expected.

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Is was a very pleasant interview, and was asked appropriate questions. Michaela who was the interviewer was great to chat with. They messaged me back rejecting me due to fact that they needed someone with more gaming experience and I appreciated that they gave me the reason why I got rejected. Thank you Michaela for the great interview, and hope you find the right person.

Illustrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by hiring manager, lead artist and 5 other people on the team via Skype. Interview was 3 hours long. None of the people that interviewed me seemed to know what I would be doing aside from the lead artist and I received conflicting job descriptions.

I got the impression that they weren't looking for interns based on all the things they wanted me to do so I negotiated for a higher salary. They raised my salary and I accepted the position and all was well. 2 weeks later out of the blue I was notified that they had found another person to fill the position for a lower salary (this was all after confirming that they would hire me).

Very dishonest people. Won't be applying here again in the future.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

There was a call with the recruiter (20 minutes). Call with the hiring manager (20 minutes). On site interview with three people (30 minutes per person). On site interview with three people (30 minutes per person) .

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East China, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (East China, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I was applying for a job in China, and was contacted by phone within a week, the questions they asked were terrible and irrelevant, I think they hired their HR from whatever garbage school, so I just bailed.

Interview Questions

• Make an example where you showed your team player spirit.   Answer Question

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

There was a phone screen/short interview with one of the directors of the company and then they asked me to come in for a series of 1:1 interviews with different people from the company (4 people total). I had a great time interviewing with them and afterwards they mentioned they would get back to me within a week but I never heard back from them! I even emailed them asking for a follow-up about the decision two weeks after I interviewed and they still never responded. If you thought I was qualified for the position and asked me to come interview, the least you could do was follow up!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.

What is your experience with gaming? Are you a gamer or not a gamer?

Explain one of your favorite projects you've worked on in the past year and describe your creative process.   2 Answers

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First, you will get a email to set up an interview with recriuter. If everything went well, you will have a chance to Interview with lead designer. If passed, then you will get a design test and be brought to an onsite interview

Interview Questions

• What can you bring onto the table for this position?
      On the flip side, what do you think you are lack of for this position?
      What do you enjoy the most in game design?
      On the flip side, what do you enjoy the least or need experience in game design?   Answer Question

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Sacramento, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

i Went in talked to them the said so u wanna test games I said of course I do it was me dream to work for Ubisoft so I think it went well

Rather Not Say Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted via email by Human Resources. She wanted know about my availability to do a phone interview. It took a few days but we were finally able to connect. After my phone screen, I was scheduled for a interview the following week. I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I gave a number, the hiring manager went lower. I took it because it was still in my range.