Ubisoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

There was a call with the recruiter (20 minutes). Call with the hiring manager (20 minutes). On site interview with three people (30 minutes per person). On site interview with three people (30 minutes per person) .

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East China, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (East China, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I was applying for a job in China, and was contacted by phone within a week, the questions they asked were terrible and irrelevant, I think they hired their HR from whatever garbage school, so I just bailed.

Interview Questions

• Make an example where you showed your team player spirit.   Answer Question

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

There was a phone screen/short interview with one of the directors of the company and then they asked me to come in for a series of 1:1 interviews with different people from the company (4 people total). I had a great time interviewing with them and afterwards they mentioned they would get back to me within a week but I never heard back from them! I even emailed them asking for a follow-up about the decision two weeks after I interviewed and they still never responded. If you thought I was qualified for the position and asked me to come interview, the least you could do was follow up!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.

What is your experience with gaming? Are you a gamer or not a gamer?

Explain one of your favorite projects you've worked on in the past year and describe your creative process.
      1 Answer

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First, you will get a email to set up an interview with recriuter. If everything went well, you will have a chance to Interview with lead designer. If passed, then you will get a design test and be brought to an onsite interview

Interview Questions

• What can you bring onto the table for this position?
      On the flip side, what do you think you are lack of for this position?
      What do you enjoy the most in game design?
      On the flip side, what do you enjoy the least or need experience in game design?
      Answer Question

Rather Not Say Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted via email by Human Resources. She wanted know about my availability to do a phone interview. It took a few days but we were finally able to connect. After my phone screen, I was scheduled for a interview the following week. I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I gave a number, the hiring manager went lower. I took it because it was still in my range.

Senior Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft in September 2015.

Interview

Human resources called me up the day after I applied to ask me questions. After asking me a couple questions, she asked me if I had any questions for her. After I asked her questions, she thought of another question to ask me. She was very polite and graceful in dealing with me, especially because I was not expecting a phone call that soon after applying.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

3 Phone calls, 1 all day in person with 6 different interviews back to back. Had lunch with a couple brand managers in the middle of the day. Overall pleasant and fun experience with lots of opportunities to get a feel for the company and ask a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• Case study questions for how I would potentially put together a marketing plan for various games.   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Very standard job interview procedure. You get interviewed by three to five people to see if you are a good fit. If you’re assuming that a tight job market means that an employer doesn’t have to exert much effort to fill its open positions, think again.

Knowing how to “hire smart” is a must for any employer, no matter what the economy looks like. A company that does not think strategically about recruiting could miss out on the best candidates, fail to hire a diverse workforce or worse - expose itself to liability for discriminatory hiring practices.

Now is the time to take a critical look at your hiring process to make sure it is efficient and effective. Remember: A little bit of common sense goes a long way toward hiring the best employees.

What Do You Need in a New Employee?

The first step in your recruiting process should be to prepare a well thought-out job description that can be used for both hiring and employment purposes. When creating a job description, keep the following in mind:

Animation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft in January 2015.

Interview

You first get contacted by the HR representative for a general interview to see how well you fit into the company. Then you get a test, and if you pass the test, you get interviewed by the animation leads, who ask more about your work, skills, how you started your test.

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

I received a phone interview for the Game Designer position that was available. The interview in general was very easy and laid back. The questions were basic and standard, from asking what projects I have worked on, to what my interests would be in the project and what skills can I bring onto the team.

Interview Questions

• None honestly, they were all straight forward, and all expected questions for a design interview.   Answer Question