Ubisoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2018

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Is was a very pleasant interview, and was asked appropriate questions. Michaela who was the interviewer was great to chat with. They messaged me back rejecting me due to fact that they needed someone with more gaming experience and I appreciated that they gave me the reason why I got rejected. Thank you Michaela for the great interview, and hope you find the right person.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

The HR guy told me right off the bat he was interviewing 7 other people for the same position that day, he would be asking questions & taking notes, taking those notes to his hiring manager, and following up early the week after to let me know if I would be moving forward.

He essentially asked 3 things:

1. Why are you leaving your company/why work at ours?
    2. Walk me through your resume - tell me why you're qualified.
    3. How much did your previous employer pay/how much do you want us to pay you?

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume - tell me why you're qualified.   1 Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

3 Phone calls, 1 all day in person with 6 different interviews back to back. Had lunch with a couple brand managers in the middle of the day. Overall pleasant and fun experience with lots of opportunities to get a feel for the company and ask a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• Case study questions for how I would potentially put together a marketing plan for various games.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed on the phone first then was called into an onsite interview. It was with a few people. The hiring manager then a potential colleague and then the VP.

Interview Questions

• How much experience I had and why I was a good candidate.   1 Answer

Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft in April 2014.

Interview

HR was friendly and professional
    The requirements sounded like a perfect match for my skillset, so I applied. They answered, but sent an art-test. Unfortunanenly, it required a skillset which was clearly not listed in the requirements. Thus, it was a bit difficult.

Anyways, not complaining. probably just a small communication issue - can happen with thousands of applicants and openings.

Interview Questions

• art test deviated strongly from the requirements of the job title.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

3 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews. First in person interview was with Director and VP of sales which ran about 2 hours and included me doing a sales pitch/presentation on 3 new product launches. Second in person interview at corporate involved 8 interviews over 7 hours with a fly in and fly out day of. Was certain I wouldn't get an offer because several of the interviewers were brutal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was pretty firm and no opportunity to negotiate

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

phone with HR and HM, then onsite

Senior Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft in September 2015.

Interview

Human resources called me up the day after I applied to ask me questions. After asking me a couple questions, she asked me if I had any questions for her. After I asked her questions, she thought of another question to ask me. She was very polite and graceful in dealing with me, especially because I was not expecting a phone call that soon after applying.

Student Ambassador Interview

Interview

Filled out an application that was online. 30 minute phone interview, and found out in a week about acceptance to the position. All questions asked were expected, no curve balls.

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

I received a phone interview for the Game Designer position that was available. The interview in general was very easy and laid back. The questions were basic and standard, from asking what projects I have worked on, to what my interests would be in the project and what skills can I bring onto the team.

Interview Questions

• None honestly, they were all straight forward, and all expected questions for a design interview.   Answer Question

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First, you will get a email to set up an interview with recriuter. If everything went well, you will have a chance to Interview with lead designer. If passed, then you will get a design test and be brought to an onsite interview

Interview Questions

• What can you bring onto the table for this position?
      On the flip side, what do you think you are lack of for this position?
      What do you enjoy the most in game design?
      On the flip side, what do you enjoy the least or need experience in game design?   Answer Question