54% would recommend to a friend
(7387 total reviews)
Pablo Isla Álvarez de Tejera
65% approve of CEO
Found 7,387 of over 11K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Zara
Got a burning question about Zara? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Zara employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay was good but not enough for amount of work they put on The 25% discount" (in 447 reviews)
- "People there were nice and chill." (in 282 reviews)
- "Salary was good and retail" (in 217 reviews)
- "very trendy and coworkers are nice" (in 197 reviews)
- "Great team to work with and definitely on your feet as Zara is always busy." (in 179 reviews)
- "Poor management in Zara as everyday need to do tidy up job till late and no ot claimable" (in 739 reviews)
- "not all of them of course but most of the managers are rude and pretty distanced with employees." (in 477 reviews)
- "Long hours on your feet: at the end of your shift your body will ache" (in 292 reviews)
- "No training just expect you to know how to do things a lot so when you do things wrong it bothers a lot of people" (in 114 reviews)
- "late working hours and have to look after the whole store" (in 87 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Zara and is not affected by filters.
- 2.0Oct 20, 2023Visual CommercialCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSeattle, WA
Great Pieces Moderate Prices (Employee Discount 25%) Highly Efficient Sales Model
Low staffing. Upper management institutes hiring freezes occasionally even when turnover is increasing. Might be a quarterly reporting strategy, but it adds unnecessary stress to existing staff, which is pressured to do more. Women's associates rarely last long and when they do are favored for promotion over Kid's and Men's associates. Cashiers rarely get promoted at all, they just quit from burnout.1
- 2.0Nov 28, 2023Sales AssociateFormer EmployeeHouston, TX
easy job Commission flexible hours
customers were entitled management would not be concise. no clear goals strict sales goals
- 4.0Nov 17, 2023Visual MerchandisingCurrent Employee
Super popular store in a good location, so we meet our goals every month. Great discount. Friendly coworkers.
Understaffing and call outs. If you set a goal for your day and someone calls out, whoever was your coverage is now at the register for the day. Customers can be difficult especially on weekends or if the line for the register is long.
- 1.0Nov 16, 2023Sales AssociateCurrent EmployeeDallas, TX
the pros are the coworkers, we understand how hard it is so we are all nice
literally everything else, management, customers, labor, its only if you really need money should you be working here
- 3.0Oct 3, 2023SupervisorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
there were opportunities to grow pretty quickly, and the pay was nice.
really fast paced work with always something to do which isn't too much of a con for me because I could handle, but it can get overwhelming. The worst thing about this job was probably just the work environment because it felt extremely toxic at times. I have witnessed managers gossiping about employees to other employees and vice versa. The theft was out of control and lack of protection was crazy and HR was 0 help and actually contributed to the toxic work environment unfortunately.
- 4.0Nov 12, 2023Retail Sales AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLa Jolla, CA
Good pay Friendly Staff Fast-pace
Very busy during the holiday season Management doesn't train long and well enough
Zara Reviews FAQs
Zara has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 11,246 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Zara to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
54% of Zara employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Zara 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.