Zara Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zara (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting manager and asked to do a Skype interview two days later
    (as the position was for an out of my current state location). I was all set and ready for the interview that morning, patiently waiting on Skype as she was supposed to call me. 15 minutes passed our scheduled time, I was getting concerned. At the 30 minute mark with no contact, I called her number and got voicemail. I left a message inquiring what happened and that I was still interested in interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, because she never even bothered to acknowledge my phone message.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zara (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

interview very short, describe job description about stocking, but i didnt get this job, because my day of availability only day time, and big shipment arrived twice a week, and long hour during that time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zara (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Company does a group orientation, basic questions about the company, a little bit about their history,
    after this they do a individual interview. Salary must say is above average and definitely they want individuals with availability.

Interview Questions

• What is Fashion to you?   1 Answer
    • what is trending right now on men or woman fashion?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zara (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Zara was having a job fair and I have always wanted to work there, so I decided to go ahead. I brought in my resume and filled out an application. I was kind of intimidated at first because I didn't have much retail experience compared to another girl I was talking to that was applying for sales, but I continued to be myself (all bubbly). The interview was one on one and was easy to be honest. My interviewer was cool and explained what the job responsibilities were. The interview was about 10 minutes long. Four days later, I got a call saying they wanted to offer me a position and if I could come in the next day to fill out the paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me about yourself.
      Why Zara?
      What do you know about Zara?
      What, from your past work experience, can you apply useful to this position?
      What is your availability?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zara in January 2015.

Interview

Walked into the store, spoke with the manager (very pleasant lady) explaining my interest in working with ZARA. She handed me an application, a very short (seriously short and simple) application to fill out and give back. Asked for my resume, which I brought with me since the posting online stated to bring an updated resume. She asked which position am I interested in working and called the person in charge of the stock section. They both interviewed me on the spot, while standing on the sales floor - a couple of questions asked: How do I handle stress, my hours of availability (I had no restriction), am I okay with working as early at 630am and late as 1030pm and if I had retail experience. I seemed my bubbly self as always and showed them that I'm up for the challenge.

It was part time (I was a little sad) but it's okay, I'm alright with the hours. I love the store's environment, their apparel and who knows, I'll move up! :) ... There's always space for gaining hours in retail.

My attire - black turtleneck, skinny-high waist black pants, black flats, mauve head wrap and wore my dark purple coat. Had minimal makeup on, just mascara and lip gloss.

She offered me the job on the spot and I accepted. I didn't my social security card on me at the time, so I'll have to come back tomorrow to complete the application process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate just because I knew what she offered me was good enough for retail especially for a stock position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zara (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a general posting on Craigslist that stated a date and time. I went in business casual. It was a group interview in which we each got a turn to answer the same questions (why Zara? What's your experience working retail?)

The turning point was when they asked for my availability. I mentioned that I was willing to work overnight and I'm sure that was what got me hired. I received a phone call with a job offer within a few days, went to fill-out paperwork later that week and was working the next day.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zara in August 2014.

Interview

Really fast interview 10 minutes tops, I was asked what position I would like to work and why. She gave me the application to fill out and once i was done asked me to check my email because i would be receiving one with further information about an orientation. After the orientation i received another email with my schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zara (Yonkers, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Typical Open House jargon. Fill out paper work. Talk the manager. Then once you get the job offer and fill out the paperwork it takes a full week for corporate to send that particular store your employee number. Once you have your number, then you are able to start actual work there

Interview Questions

• They asked about past work experiences, you as a person, and why work at Zara?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zara (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Atmosphere was friendly, we took a coffee and discuss about fashion.
    It looks like I went out with my friends for a coffee.
    First I said something about myself and my education, and then they have questions about my skills, what do I think about fashion, about Zara company.
    Why Ii would like to work in Zara.
    Do I have anyone who works for Zara?
    Did I ever work for Zara company?

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Zara?
      What do you think about fashion in the city?
      What are your goals?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, we didn't negotiate at all. Thet answer me in 2 days that I got a job.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zara (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty unprofessional as far as a "Job Fair" goes. They had 2 people they recently promoted from the sales floor as "HR". They had 2 tables and were conducting group interviews of 3. The visual interviewer had no real idea or information about the visual department, positions for growth besides becoming a manager, the hours of the position, or the actual LOCATIONS of the stores that are hiring. At first I thought when she said the LA area she was just speaking in general. When I asked her specifically which stores, she got Snarky and said "its the whole La area will that be a problem?" Uhhh LA is a big place. The whole point of a job fair is to represent actual available jobs with locations, and maybe even have a business card or something. Not to waste peoples time with un qualified interviewers, who didnt think to make a phone call, send an email or request a memo on the positions your having an"job fair" for.

Interview Questions

• Her constant questions about school? What is your school schedule?   1 Answer