7-Eleven Interview Questions | Glassdoor

7-Eleven Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.2

Field Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

The entire process took about a month and a half. Each interview was separated by about two weeks. The initial screening interview was done over the phone and so was the second with the zone HR Lead. The last two were with the Market Manager and Zone Leader in face to face settings.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with a difficult situation. Give details.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Came in with previous experience and got the job immediately. They were short staffed, so it wasn't difficult at all. Just say you know whats up. Hope the best for all of you!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

Hiring process was quick and easy, manager asked questions about work ethic and previous jobs. Went over resume if provided, they explained what they looked for and needed from applicants. Some training was done over computer, TABC is required and other training is necessary further on after working there.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work independently and are you responsible enough to work overnights?   Answer Question

Night Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2017.

Interview

I went in on a Monday morning, the process was quick, interviewers were very friendly and good-humored. Since I have 2 years of experience in the fast food industry I would be familiar with how things work. I was offered 13.90 if I was chosen, and recieved a call a day later to do a drug screening, which you have 24 hours to get done.
    Stand up to shake their hands, make eye contact, and smile.
    Don't wear hats or sweats, look neat and well groomed. Saw a lot of people wearing what was basically pajamas, others with hats covering half their face, others with hair that looked like they just rolled out of bed.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work weekends and holidays?   1 Answer
    • What made you decide to want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (New Haven, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied for the post, Shortlisted and invited for interview, interviewed by the store manager, asked to wait for the results and I will be asked to start the job if selected, and Hired at the End.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and work experience   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 7-Eleven.

Interview

Applied through an ad on craigslist, got a call asking to interview, the lady (who was very nice) asked me mostly about my life and what I was hoping to get out of this job.

Interview Questions

• Explain your work history or lack thereof.   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days I received an e-mail asking me to come in for an interview. When I got to the store the store owner asked me to fill out another application but on paper and asked me to wait while he finished another interview. After we spoke he asked me to fill out new hire paperwork but he didn't tell me if I was hired or not and let me know that I would find out later that day or the next day. I got an email from a different woman letting me know I was hired and to come in and do the computer program for training. When I got there nobody was there to let me know what to do or until when so I worked on it for five hours, didn't know when to come in again, finally I emailed this woman who I didn't meet yet to ask when. All in all it was super disorganized and the yelp for the store was literally just talking about how the owner can be seen screaming at his employees often so I passed.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Telephone, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews. Rejection email. No feedback. Asked for feedback. Still provided nothing despite my investment of time. Poor candidate experience. Will not be going back or recommend to other Recruiters. I don't mind not being chosen, but no communication after phone interview is a fail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you think of these job descriptions   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

I asked for an application since they were hiring. The man that owned that store was there that day and had me interview with the district manager. She asked a few basic questions to make sure that I wasn't just looking for a random job. She liked that I was truthful and kind in my interview and asked when I could start.

One of the main things that 7-11 seems to care about is if you have a criminal background and if you are good with people. If you have don't have legal issues and you like customer service then this is the job for you.

Interview Questions

• Where have you worked in the past?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Have you ever been arrested or been to prison?
      Are you a customer oriented person or do you prefer to focus on certain tasks?
      Are you in school or do you plan on going to school in the future?   1 Answer

Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at 7-Eleven (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

You go in and fill out the application, if it looks good you take a series of test, if you don't take at least 3 you won't be hired. Expect to spend at least an hour there. If they tell you they will call and you don't hear from them with in basically 3 days they aren't interested. DO NOT CALL AND CHECK ON APPLICATION. THEY WILL PUT YOU ON A DO NOT CALL LIST IF YOU DO.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at 7-eleven.   1 Answer