AMD Co-Op Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMD Co-Op Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.8

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

Communication through email was poor as it took weeks to recieve reply. Replys where also lacked needed unfo which resulted in more followup emails (another 2 weeks). Phone interview with serveral hiring reps asking questions. Some questions where related to me, others specifically about AMD, as well as generic logic/thought questions

Interview Questions

• Asked what time it was at my current location (4:43pm). Then asked what the angle would be between the hour and minute hand of 4:43 on an analog clock.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Multi step process. Did an initial informal one on one with one of their presenters at a meet and greet hosted at my university. Submitted resume via e-mail. Did follow up phone interview with direct manager I would be working under. Then contacted by HR to fill out paper work. Rather smooth and painless process.

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with utilizing c++ and linux to handle advance math and physics problems.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

there was at least 2-3 Phone interview along with manager interview which may be up an hour, one Written round, one onsite group round with presentations, with personality, IQ questions, behavioral questions and list goes on.

Interview Questions

• Basics Computer Architecture, Verilog, System Verilog, C++, Verification methodologies, Design questions   Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Interview

It was fairly simple. Got initial interview call from HR. He scheduled 30 mins of tech interview with the team I was part of. Asked me 3-4 questions on data structures, SQL, strings and Java. Got an offer

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

I had just one interview in which the interviewer tried to estimate my academic experience in the fields of physical design and verification. Some other skills like working on Linux and knowledge in scripting are also tested.
    I had a complete review of my resume.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AMD in July 2014.

Interview

Interview went on smooth but coming to result dont know why they delay. we dont even know whether we are rejected or under consideration for the position. AMD should improve its interaction with the candidates. They donot even respond to emails once the interview is done.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I had one round of interview with my team manager.

Interview Questions

• I was basically asked in-depth questions on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Four phone interviews, with basic engineering questions about software development/electrical engineering.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate just accepted.

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

Met recruiter (my future manager) at a career fair, spoke to him for a bit and gave him my resume. Got a call a few weeks later from someone on his team for a quick phone interview, which lasted about 15 minutes. Received an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to talk about my work in student organizations I had listed on my resume, as well as my time management techniques.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay is based off of your standing in school and is non-negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Connected through linkedIn and they were exactly looking for my kind of experience in computer architecture and programming. I had a telephonic conversation and a meeting after that with only questions if I was interested in the position. Nothing technical as such just got to know about my skill set.