AMD Co-Op Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 25, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Multi step process. Did an initial informal one on one with one of their presenters at a meet and greet hosted at my university. Submitted resume via e-mail. Did follow up phone interview with direct manager I would be working under. Then contacted by HR to fill out paper work. Rather smooth and painless process.

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with utilizing c++ and linux to handle advance math and physics problems.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Interview

It was fairly simple. Got initial interview call from HR. He scheduled 30 mins of tech interview with the team I was part of. Asked me 3-4 questions on data structures, SQL, strings and Java. Got an offer

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

I had just one interview in which the interviewer tried to estimate my academic experience in the fields of physical design and verification. Some other skills like working on Linux and knowledge in scripting are also tested. I had a complete review of my resume.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AMD in July 2014.

Interview

Interview went on smooth but coming to result dont know why they delay. we dont even know whether we are rejected or under consideration for the position. AMD should improve its interaction with the candidates. They donot even respond to emails once the interview is done.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I had one round of interview with my team manager.

Interview Questions

• I was basically asked in-depth questions on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Four phone interviews, with basic engineering questions about software development/electrical engineering.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate just accepted.

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

Met recruiter (my future manager) at a career fair, spoke to him for a bit and gave him my resume. Got a call a few weeks later from someone on his team for a quick phone interview, which lasted about 15 minutes. Received an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to talk about my work in student organizations I had listed on my resume, as well as my time management techniques.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay is based off of your standing in school and is non-negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Connected through linkedIn and they were exactly looking for my kind of experience in computer architecture and programming. I had a telephonic conversation and a meeting after that with only questions if I was interested in the position. Nothing technical as such just got to know about my skill set.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I was referred internally, so I was contacted after my resume had been passed around. After I was contacted, an interview date was set. I was passed some questions to review before the interview. During the interview, we went over the questions to the questions that were sent beforehand as well as a few other personal and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• A full set of questions was given to me - one of the questions asked: "What is a decoupling capacitor?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Was asked to describe previous projects that I had worked on and the difficulties that arose and how I overcame them Asked a couple of technical questions about hardware and software Proposed project direction was described to me Process was repeated with a second member of the technical staff Offer was extended after two rounds of phone interviews

Interview Questions

• What is your relevant technical experience in this area?   Answer Question