AMD Verification Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMD Verification Engineer Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

The resume was submitted online on the company website. The team manager called after couple of weeks for the first phone interview. The manager asked the technical person on the team to conduct technical interview the following week. The technical interview covered basic questions on the object oriented programming skills. The overall tone of interview was positive.

Interview Questions

• what are main differences between UVM monitor and UVM driver classes?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a total of 6 rounds. Every interviewer was good and friendly. First, Manager tells you about the team and work there. Then I was interviewed by 5 other members of the team.

Interview Questions

• 1. Programming questions like Fibonacci series.
      2. Some questions related to Perl Programming.
      3. Some questions on state machine design.
      4. Synthesizable and non synthesizable constructs in Verilog.
      5. Be thorough with the stuff on the resume.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewer asked very detailed knowledge and looked for specific keyword in the answer.

Interview Questions

• What is the mechanism that works between the driver and sequencer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online for internship. Was questioned on basic logic design. Few other verification related questions. Was also given a puzzle to solve. The interviewer was very encouraging. Talked about my course work. Also asked a lot of basic questions about computer architecture. Also a few questions regarding the object oriented programming. Concepts like inheritance, polymorphism, operator overloading etc.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer to have setup or hold violations after the chip is manufactured?   2 Answers
    • How would you verify a 3 bit and 64 bit adder? Would you adopt the same strategy?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Fort Collins, CO) in December 2009.

Interview

I was applying for a co-op in presilicon verification group. After the greeting, start directly on the technical questions. I was able to answer most of them. Questions are mostly related to computer architecture and verilog, like cache questions. After the technical questions, we went through my resume and asked questions about my research and work experiences. At the end, I asked several questions about the project they are working on.

Interview Questions

• What's the disadvantage of having a cache with more associativity?   2 Answers

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was total 6 rounds of Interview, starting with SystemVerilog, UVM, projects, analytical,SOC level. did not find it much difficult.
    analytical questions were tricky, but enough time was given to answer each.

Interview Questions

• UVM question : Assuming, UVM environment has 3 different agents having scope to their own interfaces.

On driving wrong stimuli on agent1, there will be error pin asserted on interface3(monitor of agent2 sees this).
      soon after error-pin assertion, there should be a read transaction from agent2.

How do you make sure your agent2 drives a read transaction on every wrong stimulus from agent1, which was seen on a monitor of agent2 ?
      1 Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied through school career fair, one round of interview lasting one hour. I got the result 2 months afterwards. The interview was consisted with 2 senior employees from AMD and me. During that time it was a SMTS and a senior designer who interviewed me. They asked basic questions from their fields, including designing hardware components using Verilog. They also asked software questions, such as debugging a program, write an algorithm for some scenario, or a math problem that is very open ended.

Interview Questions

• Mostly hardware related. Such as design basic hardware components using Verilog. Also debugging C++ language programs.   1 Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Interview

Telephone interview first, then on site interview of a whole day with all team member. Verilog questions and digital circuit designs

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD in April 2012.

Interview

No chitchatting. Comes up directly with a bit manipulation question. Some questions about computer architecture and algorithm.

What is cache? what are they used for?
    Difference between Blocking and Non-blocking.

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult person you met in your work? how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD in February 2012.

Interview

The questions are as follow:
    1. Describe the difference between blocking and no-blocking assignment