Activision Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was for the online team to work on improving multiplayer experience. You need to play the game and find out the ways to improve the multiplayer experience. You will be given PS4 and the games in which you have to test.

Interview Questions

• It was mostly on your resume   1 Answer
    • Do you like gaming? Which all IPs have you played and which have you liked?   1 Answer

Outreach Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (El Segundo, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

My interview was held at their El Segundo location on the 7th in their Pitfall conference room. I was interviewed by 3 managers all at once.They asked fairly normal questions and I did not feel intimidated they made sure you were comfortable. The only thing was during the course of the interview and even listed in the job description they did not state you would not be hired directly through the company, instead it's through a temp agency call Volt Information Sciences. It takes forever to get hired within the company. The wait time to receive the offer was about 3 weeks. I was laid off after 7 months due to "budgets cuts" all they did was change the job title from Outreach Specialist to Customer Service Representative. All in all it was fun while it was lasted but their management is terrible and they are a bit unorganized most of the time.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What's your favorite video game?
      Do you know any Activision titles?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

After applying online had a phone interview with HR which consisted of general questions about my work experience and interest in the position. After our conversation they indicated they would like me to come in and meet with 2 hiring managers. HR was great about giving background and preping for what the hiring managers were looking for.

I was scheduled to meet with 2 hiring managers - one 45 min interview, one 30 minute interview - and barely got 30 minutes total of their time. The first hiring manager showed up 20 minutes late, made no effort to ask me about my experience and was annoyed when I asked questions. The second hiring manager also showed up late, announced she had another meeting scheduled and was cutting our conversation to 15 minutes. They asked a few more questions, but seemed very preoccupied and uninterested in what I had to say.

I am not sure if the hiring decisions had been made in-between my initial conversation with HR and my interview or if I was a candidate HR pushed for, but hiring managers didn't have any interest in. My impression of the organization was they have been running extremely lean with more work than people to do it and has created a culture that is disorganized and chaotic.

I was relieved when I received an email from HR indicating they were pursuing other candidates. While the position itself was something I was very excited about, both the organization and hiring managers were extreme turnoffs to the position.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Multiple calls with a recruiter, mainly about visa issues. Then I had a skype call with 2 members of the team. After that I had to wait for a long time until a final decision was made.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

The interview process consisted of interviews with a manager and then a recruiter. The manager asked thoughtful questions and really put a good face on the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time in business where you think your judgment was challenged?   Answer Question

Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

was not prepared was not thought out at all same questions all over the places from every one of them and many irreverent questions. especially from recruiter's insight about job that I was applying, SHe/he had no idea what kind of qualification this job required to have.

Interview Questions

• what kind of games or game you have or currently are playing for past 4 months in terms of 3rd person shooter and massive multi player online game   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone call from their hiring manager-easy call, she was very friendly. it was with two different people sometimes. Both of them were kind and overall it was a relaxing experience and questions were not anything too in depth.

Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Activision (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Had two phone interviews with two different people in the Recruiting Department. These were thorough and intense. Once I cleared these, last hurdle before the face-to-face interview was a phone interview with the CMO.

He rescheduled 3 different times including two times that were immediately before the scheduled start time. Once we finally connected, he was on his cell phone driving and he was distracted. He was friendly, but not a good listener. He cut the interview short, said he had an emergency. However, he said he really liked what he was hearing and definitely wanted to continue the conversation ASAP. He said his assistant would be in touch immediately.

She never called and when I followed up, I got a call back from the original recruiter. She gave a very canned "thanks, but no thanks" sorry charlie.

It was frustrating because they originally came to me, I was not even looking and they ultimately used up a lot of my time. Maybe the way they treated me is indicative of their culture so its best I never made it all the way.

The silver lining was I did get some good interview practice, plus a little glimpse into how not to treat people when I am hiring.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were asked to do something unethical or illegal by your boss.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Activision in December 2017.

Interview

I went in through a referral and from the start the process was odd. The recruiter called me out of the blue without setting up a time in advanced (very unprofessional), and when I spoke with him, he was rude, condescending, and overall unwelcoming as if he HAD to make this call vs wanting to actually reach out.

The hiring manager and I had a great call and I was told the recruiter would reach out with more information later. Upon following up with the recruiter I heard nothing for weeks.

Then I received an automated, canned email saying they went with another candidate. I once again followed up with the recruiter, asking for any feedback that might help in future interviews and was completely ignored.

Awful experience, awful recruiter, and a really bad look for Activision as a company.

Interview Questions

• How much money are you making now?   1 Answer

Activision Response

Jan 18, 2018 – SVP Talent Acquisition

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience with us. Clearly, your experience fell below the level that we strive for when dealing with candidates, especially one referred... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Bothell, WA).

Interview

* Someone I spoke with on the phone discussed details of another applicant by name (extremely unprofessional).

* An interviewer seemed lost during the interview process, and kept asking me for my questions.

* After interviewing, it was implied to me that I could receive an offer but would have to accept it before hearing any details about it (even the title and compensation).

Interview Questions

• As a thought experiment (not as a literal Q&A), how did I think C++'s vTables were implemented in order to achieve multiple-inheritance and polymorphism across DLLs.   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online had One phone interview and one on-site interview follow it up with the hiring manager and to see if they had interest in the fifth and get back to me three days later I was given a notification that I need is to start my on boarding paperwork and then I was hired on to hours later the hiring manager sent me an email saying yes we have interest in your candidacy please disregard this email and will get back to me the following Monday I was sent a rejection letter I asked for any feedback in regards to my candidacy time and no one ever responded it was a negative interview process with the lack of communication.