Airbnb Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,094 of over 1,094.0 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Airbnb

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

Phone Screen Multiple rounds of behavioral interviews plus an architecture interview. Overall pretty similar to most companies eng manager hiring process. Biggest difference is the presentation interview. Presentation interview was a fun change from the normal grilling with behavioral questions. Their deep commitment to cultural fit and hiring good people shows up across the entire interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Cannot share, but it's pretty standard.
    Answer Question

Airbnb

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

Tech rounds and leadership round were a good learning experience. The panel interaction was good. They tested on various skills. There were 2 rounds focused on Tech and 2 on leadership. Coding and system design was covered.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Airbnb

Join the conversation on

Tech

204.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Airbnb~391850
Join the conversation on

Airbnb

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

Challenging but meaningful. Lots of short informal interviews. No major presentations quantitative tests etc. Overall a pleasant and meaningful experience. Appropriate amount of difficulty and challenge. Did not receive and offer but felt quite pleased about the process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Airbnb

Application

I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

they ask questions about programming experience. They ask questions about the most familiar programming software ask about facing difficult situations give the programming question to solve after the interview they also ask about your salary requirement

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Airbnb

Application

I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

Met with several members of the team, the hiring manager and their manager, the team’s talent partner, and also had 2 core value interviews. The core value interviews are to determine culture fit.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Airbnb

Application

I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

Everything went fine and I cannot complain about anything. Everybody who I was talking to was welcoming me in a warm way and I felt comfortable at all times. Theres nothing else I would add.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Airbnb

Application

I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

On-site exercise (2 hrs prep, 30 min presentation) and 5-6 cross functional interviews. Interviewers we’re sharp but not totally structured. Some repetition. Some much harder than others. Core values interview at end was nice. Not sure two were needed.

Airbnb

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Airbnb in Apr 2022

Interview

2 round interview process via Zoom. One with QA Lead and other with Sr. QA Lead. Both interviews went very well. As far as I knew these were not the decision makers so I thought I would be getting at least another interview with a decision maker. The outside recruiter that got me the interview came back and gave me some ridiculous reason why the company decided not to make an offer. He was surprised that the 2nd person I met with was even involved in the decision making because when I told him the name his response was he didn’t really know that person to be involved in final round interviews. I told him that I was expecting another interview because it went so well and the interviewer was saying things like “good answer” “that’s exactly what I was looking for in an answer”. and I thought we left off on a very strong note. I was not aware that this would be a final round interview either. I had so much more experience than the people that interviewed me that I felt something else was going on. I guess it’s better to get rejected before than getting hired and they come with some nonsense to then get rid of you. Lessons learned. Be careful of these guys. Airbnb now leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Airbnb

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Airbnb in Apr 2022

Interview

Recruiter screen was pretty straightforward. Hiring manager screen went over basic qualifications and some situational stuff. The people I met in the virtual onsite were nice, but hard to believe they are well calibrated / prepared for the interview since they were picking random questions from a list. A lot of "hmmm let me see... okay how about this question". If you're picking questions from a list you're seeing for the first time, how do you have a framework for what is a good answer and what is not?

Interview Questions
  • Example of a time when you did this, example of a time when you did that.

Airbnb

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

Contacted me through LinkedIn, very formulaic phone screen; very yes/no questions, very meh experience. Was not surprised when I received a rejection letter three weeks later, but since they never question me about my experience how would they know what they’re missing

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Airbnb

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb

Interview

First call was an HR one to get context about the job offer. Second call was an exercise with someone that was overseas. Exercise wasn't clear, something about graph. Didn't pass to the second phase.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,094 Interviews

Airbnb Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Airbnb as 46.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.16 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Data Scientist and Software Engineer(Internship) rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Experience Specialist and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Airbnb takes an average of 27 days when considering 961 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 19 days), whereas Customer Experience Specialist roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 40 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Airbnb according to 961 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 34.55%