Airbnb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airbnb Interview Questions

Interviews at Airbnb

3.1

Intern Interview

Interview

Three rounds for 30 minutes. I was called by the recruiter who then informed me about the role and set up interviews with three different team members. 2/3 interviews were with the team, and 1/3 of the interview was with a non-team member. Interviews were very standard and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you managed conflict at work.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

An Airbnb recruiter reached out. After an initial introductory phone call, they sent me the take-home assignment.

I spent 20 hours in this assignment to later be rejected with a generic email, and no further answers to my questions for feedback.

Interview Questions

• You need to complete the take-home assignment within 72 hours. You can only send a PDF, if you want to send them your code, you have to embed it within the PDF. All other companies I've interviewed with want you to send them your code.

Compared to those other companies' assignments, Airbnb's was much more on the statistical side, hypothesis testing mostly.

I took time off from work to complete this assignment and ended up spending about 20 hours over the course of 3 days. When I've put that much work and energy into an assignment, I've always passed.

Airbnb took over a week to respond to my submission, where I had to follow up with unresponsive recruiters.

When the answer finally came, it was a canned rejection email. I requested feedback that would help me do better next time. They never replied.

After this experience, I don't want to interview with them for another position, nor recommend this company to anyone on my network.

Rejection happens all the time and I don't expect to succeed in every interview; but I think candidates that have clearly put in the work, deserve at least some feedback, or a phone call.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Very specific process. Not hard, more so tedious.
    Didn’t make it past the on-site, but my studying paid off for other high caliber companies. It’s ironic.

I spent 3 months of my time studying for phone and onsite interview combined. Paid off for the phone interview.

Realized I studied all the wrong things for the on-site and would’ve had better luck talking to an AirBnB engineer to understand how they approach problems (which isn’t the same as many other companies). You live and you learn

Interview Questions

• Do you think like us? (Not the question but the jist of a few interviews). They’re looking for culture fits and not culture adds. Oh well   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Consisted of a recruiter round followed by a phone call with hiring manager and then a 4-5 hour onsite where they grill you as much as they can. The interview panel was a mix of good and bad, but a lot of cross functional stakeholders who you have no idea how they work with the team, keep questioning you and kept on interrupting while answering.
    Worst part is after you invest so much time in preparing and interviewing the recruiter just sends an automated email with no feedback at all even after following up multiple times (marketing recruiters need some training on candidate interaction).

Interview Questions

• Why Airbnb?
      Technical questions related to the role- situational and hypothetical
      Values interview (behavioral questions)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Nice office space. The technical part of the interview is pretty standard: coding, design etc. The culture fit rounds are a bit unique. Try to get out of the technical mindset when attending these rounds.

Interview Questions

• How have you made others belong?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Miami, FL) in February 2020.

Interview

Great process with the recruiter for one on one scan and pre-interview prep but face to face was super formal and not conversational. Interviewer seem robotic and not very interested in actually getting to know me as a possible employee. Interviewer was also 10 minutes late.

Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

The process dragged out over 3 months, lots of lag time between rounds of interviews. 5 rounds total:
    Recruiter screen
    Hiring manager interview
    Second manager interview
    Values interview round
    VP level interview
    Each round was a mix of situational questions and behavioral interview questions. All the interviewers were very warm and inviting, second to last they have you do two 30-min “values based” interviews with employees in other departments at Airbnb which I thought was a cool way for them to communicate their culture. In the end I didn’t get an offer and got no feedback as to why after being strung along for several months. Recruiter was friendly and checked in frequently

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last time you tried something new   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

They reached out for me to complete their video interview. I didn't make it past the video interview round. The interview was confusing as it showed the question and then gave you about 15 seconds to think before responding.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2019.

Interview

I had a data challenge in which I had about a week to complete a task evaluating the impact of an initiative on bookings.
    This was followed by a technical phone interview (about 1 hour) with a data science manager focused on knowledge of A/B testing and similar topics and a cultural fit interview focused on company values.
    Finally, I had a phone interview with a data science manager similar to the first technical interview but a bit harder.
    The whole process took about 4 weeks to complete and each interview was about 1 hour long.
    The recruiters were very responsive throughout.

Interview Questions

• Imagine that Airbnb creates a new feature which highlights top hosts in an area to guests. How would you design an experiment to estimate the impact of this feature?   1 Answer

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. I first interviewed with a recruiter then the hiring manager. Before the interview with the hiring manager I was asked to complete an assignment which essentially felt like free labor. I felt like I wasn't been asked the right questions and at times even questioned or doubted for certain answers. There was also no timeline laid out or set of expectations.

Interview Questions

• The job role covers A,B,C,D. Please choose two of these and I will ask you two questions regarding those topics?   Answer Question