KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Alaska Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 571 of over 571 interviews

Employee Referral4%
In Person3%
HardAverageEasy

Alaska Airlines

Application

I interviewed at Alaska Airlines

Interview

The interview process was overall fun and exciting! You get a long of wait time though so take that time to interact with fellow interviewees and recruiters! They're watching your every step so make sure you present yourself professionally and be friendly. All of the recruiting team are very approachable so don't be shy to ask them about their experience with the company, and they'll be more than happy to tell you. My advice is that, you smile, make eye contact, speak up, be confident, and be kind. First you're going to be separated in groups, then the orientation about what to except in the role of a FA, then there is a group activity where you get to say a paragraph one by one, then after that, its when they do the one on one, if you pass that you get another round of interviews. If you don't, they'll tell you on the spot the thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you choose Alaska?
    Answer Question
  • How will you commute or live in a base assigned to you?
  • Name a time where you received constructive criticism. How did you respond to it?
  • The role of a flight attendant is very demanding, how will you maintain a healthy yet strong physical body and mind?
2 people found this interview helpful

Alaska Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in Aug 2022

Interview

I interviewed in-person on August 10th at a hiring event in Seattle, WA. The atmosphere was very welcoming and the interview process straightforward. Our event was located at Alaska's HUB building in Seattle. Flights to the interview were provided and usually are as long as your city is a destination that Alaska/Horizon serves. Here were the steps: 1) Reach Test (80")/Welcome Presentation 2) Group activities (PA announcement read and one question + a team collaboration activity) 3) Current FA Q&A time while waiting for our first 1:1 interview 4) Second interview if selected or sent home from here (you will either be called back into the interview room or pulled aside by a recruiter to be sent home) 5) Second 1:1* 6) Drug screening & onboarding* (*if you pass the 2nd interview) They do a very good job of hyping you up and making you feel welcome- but don't let this distract you or lull you into a false sense of security or comfort. It is true that they want the interviews to be laid back and feel like a conversation. DRESS THE PART! Everyone looked fantastic and every wore business professional attire. They gave us an hour to ask current FA's any questions we wanted while we waited to get pulled for a 1st interview. Everyone who gets to this stage (hiring event) will be guaranteed a FIRST 1:1 interview ONLY. You will find out if you get an offer or not on site. I was denied about 3 minutes after my first interview. Per company policy they aren't allowed to give any feedback on hiring decisions. My best advice is to just be yourself. Do read the questions on Glassdoor. Prepare responses, be brief but detailed. At my event, all the 1st 1:1 interviews had the same questions. I do not know what the 2nd round question(s) were. I marked the interview as difficult because I left confused and sad that I didn't make when people were being just as social and excited as me were getting CJO's. I am not sure how many offers were given out. If selected, you will be placed into the next available training class. There will be 5 weeks of classroom training and 1 week of OTJ training. If selected for training, hotel and transportation to Seattle are provided along with a small training stipend. If you do not receive an offer on site, you will be eligible to reapply again 6 months after the hiring event. Good luck to you all. I wish you the best! I hope you find this review helpful.

Interview Questions
  • **STAR Format** 1) Tell me how you foster an inclusive work environment 2) Tell me about a situation where you had a dispute with a coworker. What did you do? 3) Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a critical situation. What did you do? 4) Why do you want to be a flight attendant 5) How do you plan to prepare to relocate? Have you started this process? If so, what have you done?
2 people found this interview helpful

Alaska Airlines

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines

Interview

I guess the interview went well I spoke to everyone and they asked me some questions it went very fast felt like I blanked and it was done The all all the people were nice so there’s that

Alaska Airlines

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines

Interview

My first interview was the recruitment screen - standard fare. The second was an interview with the hiring manager. At this stage, other employers usually have enough information from that to see whether or not an applicant is qualified. Instead, they gave a take-home assignment. Seeing as this was a senior position, it was not something I was used to. I completed the writing assessment, received stellar feedback, and got booked to meet the team. At this point, I have already sunk four hours into this process and am quickly approaching the danger zone on the sunk cost fallacy. A wiser person would have seen the red flag. Their disrespect of applicants' time unfortunately continued, and I was scheduled for two more interviews with the rest of the team for two hours total. BLUF - After moving my schedule, taking off from work to talk to them, and doing their homework, I got ghosted for three weeks until they claimed they had news for me in the next 24 hours. I shockingly got ghosted another week until they sent an email after 5PM on Friday to tell me they went with someone else. Please learn from my experience and avoid if you're in infosec.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how your experience has helped mitigate threats in enterprises.

Alaska Airlines

Application

I interviewed at Alaska Airlines

Interview

We were invited in person to go through a massive round table interview. It was an easy and pretty typical interview process, but it took awhile to get a response due to the massive background checks done. I was offered the job, but if you wanted to be hired you had to attend specific date for training and I couldn't take off work from my current position so I passed on it.

Interview Questions
  • What makes Alaska your choice of airlines over other airlines? Do you have travel experience?

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA)

Interview

Straight forward, kind of intense, but very friendly and fun! They do their best to make you feel at ease throughout the process. Mixture of video, group, and one on one interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Tampa, FL) in Jul 2022

Interview

Would not spend time applying to this company. Met with recruiter for a generic BI analyst position with no details on the job/tech stack. They were hiring for 3 levels (1, 2 and 3 with 3 being a senior level position). Recruiter did not know what level I would be hired in at. Asked for my expected salary and said it was too high. For Seattle, WA, a level 3 (senior) would make low 100s with the only benefit to being offered a low salary the ability to fly standby after 30 days on the job. Did not make it to the next round and asked for feedback. Recruiter responded, "our current recruiting policies prevent us from providing specific feedback about the interview process".

Interview Questions
  • Why Alaska? Why are you switching jobs now? What are two things that will help you hit the ground running? What is something that would hold you back? What role do you see yourself in in 5 years? Why data and analytics?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in Jul 2022

Interview

First round was 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter. First they started off describing the roles and responsibilities of the role, as well as a "typical week". Then asked me about my skills and experience as it relates to the position. Based on my previous experience and education I was informed I qualified for the midrange pay-band between $80k-87k, and they asked if I was "comfortable" with that. For the second round I was sent a dataset and asked to prepare a 20-25 minute presentation with analysis and forecasts, followed by a 30 minute formal interview with managers. I was supposed to have a week to complete this presentation (according to the manager) but the recruiter forgot to send the dataset after the phone screen, so I only had a little over two days to complete it. It was a cool project and I enjoyed doing it, but wasn't a fan of the time crunch. Presentation and interview with managers went well. I asked them multiple questions about their experiences and they were open and honest. Interview ended with the manager informing me that I should have a decision within 7 days. Two weeks pass with no update, so I reach out to the recruiters I was emailing with. No response for two days. Send another follow up email. Get a response late at night saying they moved forward with another candidate and their policies prevent them from providing feedback. Overall a very frustrating process. Asking for a 25 minute presentation with a forecast analysis is a big ask for an interview. They shouldn't require this unless they were more serious about the hiring process. It's really a shame because the managers in the interview were so nice and fun to talk to, def seems like a cool position if hired. However, two weeks of radio silence is pitiful. Do better.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA)

Interview

It was very regular, as most interviews go, they didnt ask anything too hard, just life experience and studies. I think it was kind of easy to pass, you just have to be yourself.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in El Hotel

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (El Hotel)

Interview

group interview through different interviewers if first person liked you then you moved on to waiting room for next interviewer to call and so forth. if you were hired they took you to take employee picture and take your drug test

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 571 Interviews

Alaska Airlines Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at Alaska Airlines according to 693 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 21.76%