Alaska Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alaska Airlines

1. Featured Interview

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process is very welcoming and light. You can tell they want people to be comfortable and be themselves. It's a long process but they make it fun and I personally enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in February 2020.

Interview

The Overall experience started off bad when the recruiter pushed my in person interview for the very next day. When I arrived the hiring manager was a half hour late and not once apologize for my time. He proceeded to harass me because I didn't bring a notebook to the interview asking "you didn't bring a note book?!"

Throughout the very beginning of the interview he made it obvious he wasn't intending on hiring me by laughing at my responses and making me second guess myself by saying "you sure that's how you want to answer that?!" we ended the interview with me asking him to clarify what kind of position it was. at that point he mentioned how he was looking for a "professional" and basically he didn't consider me a professional(I've been working in Logistics 10 years) Someone like him should NOT be in HR. Ill never apply for Alaska Again the way he made me feel small and inadequate.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in February 2020.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks from the time I applied, to the time I was invited to a F2F interview, with a video interview in between. After one week, I received an email for a video interview. For this, I recorded answers in a one-minute time frame to questions displayed on my screen. There were 7 questions mostly about conflict resolution, problem solving, and people skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received negative feedback from a customer, and how you responded to this?   1 Answer

Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in February 2020.

Interview

My employer submitted my profile to a vendor then it was forwarded to Alaska Airlines. It was a contractor position regarding .Net development. They wanted to migrate some APIs onto Azure. They have three rounds of interviews totally. First round I chatted with the manager of the vendor team. He introduced the project and asked me about my past experience as well as some basics questions. The second round was with the manager of software solutions. He gave me a coding project to complete before the final round. The final round was to meet with other team members who worked on the project. After the last round, the company decided to freeze the hiring process due to COVID-19.

Interview Questions

• They gave an access to a database on Azure SQL. You need to build a web API within .Net Core or .Net Framework to retrieve the data.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online and heard back about a month later. Went on to a video interview and then was asked to fly to Seattle for an in person interview. The in person interview lasted about 6 hours. This consisted of a group interview and a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

CSA - Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Quick overview of the position and what will be required
    short 5-10 minute break (to decide whether its for you or not)
    Group Interview (they are observing your interactions from the moment you walk in the room)
    Split into groups and ask questions regarding your life/work experiences
    Fun group activity
    Than everyone is then seated and subject to a one on one (or two) interview

Interview Questions

• A time you went above what you were required?   1 Answer
    • Why Alaska?   1 Answer

User Experience Assistant Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in January 2020.

Interview

It was a great experience overall. They made me feel very welcome and comfortable. The portfolio presentation felt more like a conversation. They never gave feedback as to why I didn't get the position, but I guess that is to be expected.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (SeaTac, WA) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview started with a two-part coding exercise online. There was one algorithm type question that was practical and had to do with airplane seating. The other part was to create a react todo app from scratch. You get three hours to complete the two exercises.

I then met with the managers over a video interview. The next step was on-site, which consisted of 3 rounds. In the first round, I coded in C# on the interviewer's laptop and was expected to write unit tests for the solution.

In the second round, I coded in React.js and tried to create functionality that was expected as well as the look and feel of the app.

Both of these rounds felt extremely rushed. They ask questions for 20-25 mins and then leave 30 min for coding which in my opinion is not enough time to do live coding and expect much in the way of tangible results. In the first round, there was an unintentional bug in the initial code that threw me off and took up extra time because I wanted to resolve it. They leave 5 mins for questions at the end.

The final round is two engineering managers. They wanted to dig deep into one of my prior projects to see how well I understood it, which parts I worked on, and the skills I learned could be applied at Alaska Airlines. We went over the allotted hour but it was a good conversation and I liked the managers. They were curious, smart, and understanding.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about Test Driven Development? Write a test for this currency converter.   1 Answer

Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in November 2019.

Interview

phone call with HR (30 minutes) then a take-home assignment (timed) then in-person interview (2 hours). From the time I applied till the time I had the in-person interview was over 2 months. I heard back after the in-person interview within a week.

Crew Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in November 2019.

Interview

Met with a 3 person panel at the Alaska Airlines Flight Operations Training Center. Everyone I encountered was extremely nice. I did not get the job but it was admittedly not my best interview by far on my part.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as responsibilities as a crew scheduler?   1 Answer

Crew Planning Strategy Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online, heard back from the recruiter about scheduling a phone interview pretty soon after. Phone interview was more thorough than most, nice to see. Recruiter said they would get back to me in 1-2 days, ended up taking nearly two weeks.