Alaska Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alaska Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Did the video interview and received a call the next day from a recruiter. You have 30 seconds to think about your answer and it gets recorded. No turning back! I think if you smile and are positive during your video interview you'll get a call back even if you mess up a little. Went to the face to face interview and there was about 30-35 people there. On the phone the recruiter mentioned we would be doing group activities but when I was at the interview we had a one on one with someone from HR and then another interview with a duty supervisor or manager. Everyone was very friendly! Don't be nervous. Talk with the people around you and relax!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Alaska Airlines?   Answer Question
    • How would you greet someone while checking in?   Answer Question
    • Has your current manager ever given you criticism and how did you take it?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online at the end of January and received a invitation to take the Hirevue video interview on February 8th and did the interview on February 10. You have 3 days to take the interview. I really don't like video interviews, I don't think they give a fair reflection of the applicant whose applying for the job, but that's what most airlines are doing these days. It's also really awkward and uncomfortable to have to look at yourself as you're being recorded answering the questions. I felt like I stuttered my way through the interview and basically bombed it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to become a flight attendant for Alaska Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were part of a team and had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question
    • How will you handle the demands of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your work experience and resume.   Answer Question
    • Time you had to provide for the safety of customers.   Answer Question
    • What part of Alaska Airlines mission of safety and exceptional customer service do you support and how will help them achieve that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Portland, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and it took one week. I got a rejection email first then got a call for a week later from the recruiter. There was no video interview. I was schedule to attend a interview. At the interview we watched a 30 min orientation video about the company then we went in for a one on one. If we were selected then we would go in for a second interview and would know by the next day if we were selected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Alaska airlines?
      Tell me about yourself?
      How do you greet a customer?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied Online and then 2 weeks later received an email to do an online interview. You have 48hrs to complete the interview once you log on. I was given 8 questions. Once you hit view question have 30 secs before it starts to record. Just finished the interview and waiting for the next step.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a customer service agent with Alaska Airlines.   Answer Question
    • Which of our mission statement resonates well with you and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

There are a few different stages. Application - Video Interview - Face to Face interview. Very customer service oriented.

Prepare yourselves for a long day if you make it to the face to face interview. Everyone that I dealt with was very nice, courteous, and professional. It took a few months to hear back, but be patient they will update you along the way.
    Always be yourself! Smile, relax, and have fun!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond customer service wise.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me on Monday and asked to schedule an interview next day. I responded and accepted, she immediately responded and asked to reschedule for another time. I accepted to new time. The following day the recruiter never called or sent an email. I reached out asking if she still intended to meet with me. She replied after the interview time that her day was "crazy" and asked to reschedule for the following Friday. The recruiter never contacted me or sent an email to cancel. I am not impressed with the candidate experience. Based on additional reviews I have read I am more inclined to believe that the perceptions are true. I am no longer interested in the company.

Interview Questions

• I was unable to get to this part because the recruiter could not keep her appointments.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Anchorage, AK) in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out the online application on March 2. Received an email for a video interview on March 24. Once you start the video interview, you have 72 hours to complete. I submitted my interview on March 29 and received an email for a face to face interview on March 31. The face to face is a group interview at a local hotel on April 18. I'll let you know how it goes. So far the process has been very easy to navigate. The video interview can be intimidating. Just relax, find good lighting, speak clearly and be yourself and smile!

Update-Had the face to face today, here in Anchorage. Was a very fun day, lots of great people. I heard there were 44 people there and 12 offers were made. I start training on July 10!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their careers website and got an email by their hiring manager within a couple of days with a link to a video interview. The video interview questions were like most typical interview questions, however it was a tad awkward having to see yourself during the interview. After I completed the video interview I got a phone call back within two days. The conversation went smoothly until I was honest about my school schedule. I told her I wouldn't be available to work only Tuesday and Wednesday evenings (still available in the morning) but she instantly made me aware that they are not flexible with any kind schedule and that there a lot of student candidates that apply but unfortunately cannot be offered a job due to any kind of unavailability. School comes first, so I politely thanked her for the opportunity and told her I would consider applying at a better time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Are you able to multitask being on the computer and helping customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Afterimg applying on 3/10/17 I got an email to do a video interview on 3/21/17. They give you 72hrs to do it so I did it on 3/22/17 and got a call that same day to do a face to face interview on the following Wednesday. It was a group of 20 people interviewing. It started out as an orientation, then group activity, then 1:1 interview. The interviews go by who got there first to the last. I was the first to arrive so I interviewed first. Got a call a few hours later offering the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application with attached resume and cover letter, online interview which I have yet to complete (I have 72 hours from the time of the email to complete. From there hopefully a face to face.