Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.9

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New York, NY).

Interview

I have applied online took 4 week phone interview . it was more basics of ccna with python scripting and covering all the resume which was more easy . so please be thorough with ccna basics and python scripting with complete knowledge of resume will be a great advantage .

Interview Questions

• tell me what happens when you type www.alcatel.com, dns, dhcp, basic ccna questions   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New York, NY).

Interview

Couple of rounds sometimes 2-3 or 3-4.
    Initially starts with basics
    Latter goes on with your resume.
    Need to focused on resume what you updated
    Then make sure additional question you have skills on required position.

Interview Questions

• some quesitons on core Java, REST, Selenium- Web Driver, Jenkins, Hudson, TCP/IP, OTN, SDH, NMS, ESM, Windows, RHEL, Oracle, SDLC, agile, scrum, Networking. Linux/Unix
      Just they give bacis touch on all topics.
      Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Process took two weeks. I had a two telephone interviews. I was asked to explain my projects and Explain the algorithm to find the second largest number. Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols and OSPF, BGP

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

The process that went in our college was a technical test round (online test including MCQs and Coding) followed by four rounds of interview (all technical interviews). The interview was mostly based on the resume. The projects done are asked thoroughly. The interviews are mainly observed on whether the student is willing to try to answer the question and how the progress takes place. The interviewers are very supportive and help the student to get to correct answer.

Important Point : Never try to bluff something in project as they are asked in very detail.

Interview Questions

• One case of doubly linked list pattern was given and was asked to get the different pattern of similar cases.   Answer Question

Communications Equipment Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview consisted of a test administered by the state department of labor. The testing involved reading and comprehension skills. Basic math. Some minor dexterity tests and puzzles. Nothing a high school graduate could not have completed.

Interview Questions

• Can you climb a ladder? Can you lift 50 pounds of weight?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

whole day interview with about 5 folks from multiple disciplines. They give you an overview of the team and then ask your background. They have an phone screen then bring you onsite.

Interview Questions

• Background and experience. Analytical questions, situational questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I did an interview alone. First with the presentation and background. Then they specify the project, what skills you should have, the team. And then they do a sort of programming test (paper), databases, languages. Mainly java.

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation? What are your programming skills?   Answer Question

Integratation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New Providence, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone screening in early December with a member of the IP Platforms team. After that, I was scheduled to come to the offices following the holidays. Upon coming to the offices, I went through three relatively small 1:1 interviews with an HR manager, members of the IP team, and the manager of the team. Questions ranged from personality to experience and technical skills.

Interview Questions

• When did you struggle working with a team and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mountain View, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of telephonic interview. Questions were mainly from networking domain and operating systems. Some of the questions were: difference between threads and processes, ipv6, mutex and semaphores, divide and conquer

Junior RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

Had two interviews over the phone asking behavioral questions and reasons I was applying for the RF department. They just wanted to know if I was only applying because I needed some work experience or actually wanted to do RF.

Interview Questions

• What I knew in regards to the 4G network   1 Answer