Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

I was hired through a contracting agency. I just happen to know the regional manager and he hired me as soon as he recognized my name. He is a great guy and I knew since he was in charge that it would be a good job.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any questions. I knew the manager from a former job and was hired on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, I took their first offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied at their website and was contact by the hiring manager one week later. I scheduled the phone interview with one of the software engineer and then I was invited to an onsite interview few days later.

The phone interview was about Java, design pattern and OOP concepts.

The onsite interview consisted of 3 sessions and each session is 30 minutes. The first session was about things on the resume, talked about some of the projects, then the last 10 minutes was writing code on whiteboard. The second session was about design pattern, I was asked to design a Texas Hold Em poker game. The last session was with the hiring manager, he asked a lot of questions about Alcatel.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Explain OOP concepts (Encapsulation, Inheritance, Abstraction and Polymorphism)   Answer Question
    • Phone interview: The difference between final, finally and finalize in Java   Answer Question
    • Phone interview: Asked to design a program for skydiving.   Answer Question
    • First session:
      1) Write a program to print up to nth fibonacci sequence.
      2) Write code for singleton pattern.   Answer Question
    • Second session:
      1) Design Texas Hold Em poker game by drawing UML.
      2) Is it guaranteed that singleton pattern will always return one instance?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in November 2011.

Interview

Very Easy. General embedded programming questions. If you are above average then you can crack it. Asked questions about LTE and layer 2 and layer 3. Asked to code C programs. They were precise and wanted code that can compile. So writing code on the board is a basic necessity.

Got a better offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in January 2013.

Interview

was working for the same company on different location and i opted for change of location from internal job postings.i found a job in the same group that i was working with. as I had worked with hiring team and they made me an offer. the interview process is more about salary negotiations rather than technical stuff.not many questions asked and i was offered job to work on the module which i was working and more like intra company transfer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I did an interview alone. First with the presentation and background. Then they specify the project, what skills you should have, the team. And then they do a sort of programming test (paper), databases, languages. Mainly java.

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation? What are your programming skills?   Answer Question

SQA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

From initial contact to hire, process took approx. 3 weeks. There were three rounds of interviews.

In the first round, multiple team members asked different questions in 1:1 interviews; first began with the manager, then over several hours one after another various questions were asked. Each member seems to have a different emphasis, but seemed to be sincere. Their questions were not very coordinated.

In the second round, a tour was given, and then a few more members were brought in to see "what they thought" of me. Then manager talked more about the position and salary.

In the third round, interviewed with two VP's.

Several days later, offer was given.

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Calabasas, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

It differs for different teams. In SQA there is a phone interview which is purely technical. Then there will be on-site interview which can take 2-3 hours. It is mostly technical. The final round of interview will be about personal characteristics. It is very important that you should that you are team player.

Interview Questions

• If you have a problem with your manager, what would be the steps you take to resolve it.   Answer Question

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Murray Hill, NJ).

Interview

Meeting with the entire team. Went over my entire resume each time. Be prepared with detailed responses for some of your recent accomplishments. Be genuine and answer the questions and you will be fine.

Operation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in September 2012.

Interview

The interview was totally related to the job description and qualification provided in the listing. It was a phone interview. The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and explained what the job responsibilities were. It lasted about 30 minutes and concluded with how soon I would hear back regarding if I qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have tier two customers support experience.   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very lengthly, I had multiple phone calls in different time zones and met with multiple individuals for in person interviews but not all at the same time. The interview questions were grilling mostly how I would deal with one manager who did not deal well with not getting their way.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a difficult Manager who does not like to be told no?   Answer Question