Alzheimer's Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alzheimer's Association Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2017

2.5

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Interview

They are an EXTREMELY unprofessional and disorganized non-profit. The job I applied for was listed for 6 months. It took them 3 months after I applied to contact me. I had 2 phone interviews, and then I heard absolutely nothing from them when I followed up on the position.

How hard is it for HR to send a 2 line email saying I have been rejected? Why can't you show candidates basic human courtesy by responding to them? Is this how you treat Alzheimer's patients too??? Why would anyone ever want to work for you? Disgusting.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Interview

Average is probably the best word. This was a phone interview. I was called 10 minutes late, from an unfamiliar number. The connection was terrible and I was regularly having to ask her to repeat the questions. Questions were fairly basic. None of the questions listed (here on Glassdoor) for this position or similar positions were asked.

Manager Interview

Interview

Went well; scheduling took a bit. Looking forward to getting closer to being hired. Very flexible with interview requests. Very polite and welcoming. Spoke highly of the company. Played phone tag fora bit, but finally connected with them. I had to pursue them a bit.

Healthcare Outreach Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn, and received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. After choosing a time that worked I never received an email back. I emailed her the day before the supposed interview to confirm the time, and didn't receive a reply again. Anyway the day of there was no call, and I'm very appalled to see the unprofessional manner this was handled. I really loved the position I applied and was looking forward to interviewing, instead my time was wasted and was obviously not a priority to this company. Extremely disappointing.

Constituent Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application, was contacted by the National Organization for a phone screening, was then referred on to the Chapter for an in person interview, had a second interview with a few additional employees, and then Nationals followed up to get a background check/start the on boarding process. While this sounds like a fairly straight forward process, in its entirety it took 3 months! It was also very clear that the chapter was not on the same page as nationals and vice versa. I was getting conflicting information and conflicting timelines from each.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview from applying online. I wasn't really impressed with the director or their qualifications but I was interested in coming from the for-profit side to see what it was like at a non profit. I did not feel that the person I spoke with was a professional but I felt they were very young and inexperienced even though they were a director.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest achievement in your career?   1 Answer

Programs and Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on ALZ.org & was called by HR in Chicago directs to schedule a phone interview with the supervisor in Raleigh, NC. Next step was face to face interview at the Raleigh office with the Executive Director, Associate Director (Programs and Outreach) and the Administrative Assistant. Interview was less than an hour long.

Special Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Applied online and reviewed email from recruiter 1 day after applying. Had interview 1 week from application. Interviewed worth Lisa Lee. Interview was 50 minutes. I had a good rapport wit Lisa Lee. I asked how long before next step. Her response 'as soon as possible'. I sent follow up thank you email, but have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• Why Alzheimers Association? What made you apply?   Answer Question
    • With multiple organizations asking for donations, how would you get them to choose Alz over other organizations?   Answer Question

Communications and Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timonium, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Timonium, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Having taken care of a dad with dementia for 5 years, I felt I was a good fit to work for this NPO. I was one of 100 applicants for the job. During my interview with the local chapter Executive Director and the Director of Development, I was told half of the applicants didn't qualify for the position. I was more than qualified due to being a graphic design and marketing consultant for over 20 years. Additionally, I have a Masters degree in Marketing from a respected university.
    The commute to this job would have been about 40-50 minutes on a route known for deadly and frequent accidents. I asked if I could come to the office at 9:15 or 9:30 or work from home once a week. I assured management they would get at least 40 hours/wk from me. This request was met with rejection, and I'm sure it's why I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you like being busy in the fall? The majority of their national fund raising events are September-late October.   1 Answer

Director of Programs and Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application via email and received a call very quickly. I did well on the phone interview, and was invited for a in person interview. The in person will not happen until a week from now.