Alzheimer's Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alzheimer's Association Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.5

Healthcare Outreach Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn, and received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. After choosing a time that worked I never received an email back. I emailed her the day before the supposed interview to confirm the time, and didn't receive a reply again. Anyway the day of there was no call, and I'm very appalled to see the unprofessional manner this was handled. I really loved the position I applied and was looking forward to interviewing, instead my time was wasted and was obviously not a priority to this company. Extremely disappointing.

Constituent Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application, was contacted by the National Organization for a phone screening, was then referred on to the Chapter for an in person interview, had a second interview with a few additional employees, and then Nationals followed up to get a background check/start the on boarding process. While this sounds like a fairly straight forward process, in its entirety it took 3 months! It was also very clear that the chapter was not on the same page as nationals and vice versa. I was getting conflicting information and conflicting timelines from each.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview from applying online. I wasn't really impressed with the director or their qualifications but I was interested in coming from the for-profit side to see what it was like at a non profit. I did not feel that the person I spoke with was a professional but I felt they were very young and inexperienced even though they were a director.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest achievement in your career?   1 Answer

Programs and Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on ALZ.org & was called by HR in Chicago directs to schedule a phone interview with the supervisor in Raleigh, NC. Next step was face to face interview at the Raleigh office with the Executive Director, Associate Director (Programs and Outreach) and the Administrative Assistant. Interview was less than an hour long.

Special Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Applied online and reviewed email from recruiter 1 day after applying. Had interview 1 week from application. Interviewed worth Lisa Lee. Interview was 50 minutes. I had a good rapport wit Lisa Lee. I asked how long before next step. Her response 'as soon as possible'. I sent follow up thank you email, but have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• Why Alzheimers Association? What made you apply?   Answer Question
    • With multiple organizations asking for donations, how would you get them to choose Alz over other organizations?   Answer Question

Communications and Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timonium, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Timonium, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Having taken care of a dad with dementia for 5 years, I felt I was a good fit to work for this NPO. I was one of 100 applicants for the job. During my interview with the local chapter Executive Director and the Director of Development, I was told half of the applicants didn't qualify for the position. I was more than qualified due to being a graphic design and marketing consultant for over 20 years. Additionally, I have a Masters degree in Marketing from a respected university.
    The commute to this job would have been about 40-50 minutes on a route known for deadly and frequent accidents. I asked if I could come to the office at 9:15 or 9:30 or work from home once a week. I assured management they would get at least 40 hours/wk from me. This request was met with rejection, and I'm sure it's why I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you like being busy in the fall? The majority of their national fund raising events are September-late October.   1 Answer

Director of Programs and Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application via email and received a call very quickly. I did well on the phone interview, and was invited for a in person interview. The in person will not happen until a week from now.

Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

First process was a phone interview. I seemed to have passed because the next day, an in person interview was scheduled with the team for later that week. I arrived and met a total of 5 people. Sent another thank you email and was told that I was being considered for another position. Great huh? Anyway, I was told that I would be meeting with the CEO because they wanted his input, thus 3rd interview. Instead of just meeting with him, I met with 2 other people included.
    The interview literally felt like an interrogation. Although that was the case, I held my own. At one point, he asked me "If you could work for any nonprofit, who would it be?" Seriously?? I replied ALZ literally 3x before he backed off and stopped asking. After that, I sent out my thank you emails and didn't hear back for a couple of weeks. I was finally told that they were "no longer looking to fill the position." A candidate shouldn't have to seek an employer out for an answer. Be respectful and get back to them. After this process, I'm glad I wasn't offered a position here.

Interview Questions

• Why ALZ?
      What other nonprofit would you work for?
      Do you get bored easily?
      Are you afraid of dogs?
      Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Interview

Was called in for an in-person interview with hiring manager/potential supervisor, potential team mate, and office manager. Interview was pretty standard - typical behavioral interview questions, "how did you handle similar previous challenges?", "what are your software competencies?" etc. Hammered me pretty hard on the "do you see yourself here in 5 years?" question, which was a little disturbing considering the job was entry-level.

I was told after first interview that second interview was likely, therefore I didn't inquire about salary range as professional etiquette recommends waiting until second interview to do so (salary info was not posted on job requisition). I was then contacted abruptly by the affiliate's CFO (who I had not met previously) the following Monday morning who offered me the job and gave me less than 8 hours to accept. Salary offer was underwhelming and on the mid-to-low range of market value.

Taking into consideration that I was offered very little time to consider the position, negotiate a higher salary, and was routinely made aware of possible red flags during in-person interview (frequent overtime, overwhelming workload) I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

I was offered very little time to consider the position, negotiate a higher salary, and was routinely made aware of possible red flags during the in-person interview (frequent overtime, overwhelming workload); therefore, I declined the offer. Interviewers had strange obsession with the idea that the person in this position would be content with working 5+ years in the role - considering pay was low and workload was potentially overwhelming, I found it odd they weren't taking in to consideration that they were outlining the formula for high turnover.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Interview

Not a memorable interview, discussed position and office culture, and impact the organization has on the community. Program Manager and Human Resources manager sat in on the interview. Was not as nerve wracking as i thought it would be.