American Institutes for Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research in April 2016.

Interview

The recurter called and told me the description of the job. Made an appointment for a phone interview. On the phone interview day nothing hard was asked... The interviewer mainly described the job and asked if that is something I would be interested in

Interview Questions

• They just want to know if what they are offering you is something that you would interested in doing   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research in May 2018.

Interview

The process was very straightforward. I applied online and within the same day was contacted by HR to set-up a screening interview with an interview, which took place the following week. Then two weeks after that, I had two Skype interviews (in the same day) with 2 staff members and then a senior manager. I got an offer the following morning. Throughout the process, everyone was very warm and easy to talk to.

Office Assistant Interview

Interview

They were very focused on tasks rather than management or educational accomplishments. I felt like I was walking into a nail salon. The office was unorganized and the receptionist desk had masking tape holding it together

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research.

Interview

One phone interview, followed by entire day of in person interviews with staff and senior researchers, half hr research presentation followed by questions. Lunch interview. And interviews through video conference. Long waiting period to get back. Very pleasant staff and very hospitable

Quantitative Modeler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research.

Interview

Applied on line. Hr Contact. Hiring manager interview. Too details in technical issue such as regression, data, logit, probit, survival analysis, statistics. Very details. How do you solve the issue of missing data.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (Washington, DC).

Interview

1st phone interview with HR basic simple overview of previous work. 2 nd round with QA team just basic questions. Then called for onsite interview which was good and everything was positive. Answered most of the questions but the interviewees were judgemental most of the time. Worst experience anyway didn’t wanted to work with those ladies in team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (San Mateo, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Email correspondence with the H.R. representative was slow and disorganized. The process lasted from December to March. It consisted of an initial phone interview, second GotoMeeting interview with research team, and job offer. In the interim I was able to find a job that was all around a better fit, and declined their offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you experienced difficulty in a team setting, and how did you overcome that obstacle?   Answer Question
    • What interest you in working for this company?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (Washington, DC) in March 2018.

Interview

I submitted my application online and a recruiter called me to schedule a phone interview with a senior member of the team. The phone interview lasted about an hour and was very technical due to the technical nature of this position. Following the phone interview, I was asked to complete a coding assessment within 3 days. About two weeks after I submitted the assessment, the recruiter reached out to schedule an in-person interview with the entire team at the headquarter in DC. The half-day interview took about 3 hours, with half-hour time slots with different team members, from senior level to associate level.

I would say that the phone interview and the coding assessment were definitely okay overall, but the in-person interview was a bit confusing and also very stressful, because of the various different (even conflicting) expectations from different members of the team about this position. I was asked a lot of technical questions for which one of the interviewers was expecting a certain fixed answer, and the in-person interview was actually different than I had imagined. I was also asked questions about experience and qualifications that were not included in the job description, and it seems that the interviewers did not quite get on the same page about what to expect about this role. Overall, I would say that this entire interview process was very stressful and mildly unpleasant.

Interview Questions

• How do you transform a data set given the distribution of the data.   Answer Question
    • How do you quantify income data?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any background experience in social science?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any interest/experience in software package development?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research in February 2018.

Interview

I did interview with recruiters at AIR. It was a simple phone interview asking if I am interested in the position. She explained me the salary and job descriptions. Also asked what is the available start date/graduation date.

Data Analyst (SQL) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research in February 2018.

Interview

Applied Online. Got an email from recruiter to complete an SQL assessment. It was very easy. HR scheduled a phone interview with a Data Analyst and Manager. The manager seemed hurry and asked few basic questions in SQL.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (Washington, DC).

Interview

I got a call from recruiter followed by an online test. Then one hr round. I was not ready for video call but hr did go for video later hr decided not to move with me.

Interview Questions

• Online test has sql n data structure questions.   1 Answer