American Institutes for Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research in May 2018.

Interview

The process was very straightforward. I applied online and within the same day was contacted by HR to set-up a screening interview with an interview, which took place the following week. Then two weeks after that, I had two Skype interviews (in the same day) with 2 staff members and then a senior manager. I got an offer the following morning. Throughout the process, everyone was very warm and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (Naperville, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Initially I applied online. After a week received mail to schedule technical phone interview. In phone interview the they asked in depth about previous projects. Asked lot of technical questions on JavaScript, AJAX, C#. If you have experience in the required fields, basic preparation and brushing up skills will suffice for preparation.
    After 1 week received phone call from recruiter that they are giving me offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, all general questions on JavaScript, AJAX, JSON, C#.NET, ASP.NET and some questions like explaining Oops concepts in JavaScript   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for interns

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got a call from recruiter to setup a technical phone interview. Upon my realization, it was the same recruiter taking my phone interview next week reading from a piece of paper and trying to get answers from me.

Interview Questions

• SQL questions: AUB AxB where A and B are tables , whats is delegate function.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (Washington, DC).

Interview

Typical software interview. Phone screen by HR, followed by phone interview with an engineer, followed by a full day of interviews at the office.

Interview Questions

• none were difficult., nor easy, just your typical software questions. ex. what data structure would you use to store this data?, or how would you find the nth number in a sorted list of integers and what is the run time?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research in April 2013.

Interview

Got a phone interview. No resume related question. Started with a list of technology question and moved very quickly.

Interview Questions

• It was a little difficult. But I am sure if I did more research, I should be able to answer most of them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

two rounds of technical phone interviews, and then one on site interview
    A non-tech recruiter asked all technical questions in first round of interview. Question about the programming language you pick.
    - declare a pointer, where is the pointer stored, on Stack or heap
    - transient (Java)

Interview Questions

American Institutes for Research Response

Nov 5, 2018 – President and Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for posting your review.

The care with which we treat candidates for all positions at AIR is extremely important to us. We have looked into this matter and want to apologize to you for... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Received a call from HR to set up a phone interview with a lead software developer on the team. When talking to the developer we discussed class work and went over my resume. About half way thought the interview he called me (female) sweetheart. While the interview went okay, I was not planning on taking the job after that.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a stack and a queue   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

After the initial phone screen, which included a light technical portion, I was brought in for an in-person interview. Which, I think was three sessions of 1 or 2 interviewers each. After the day was done, for some reason I had to be brought back again another day. That was a pain, as the office was not easy to reach via the Metro system.

Things that stuck out with me were, even though this was a senior level .NET software engineering position, the interviewers kept hammering at computer science-type questions. Sometimes, that's fine and good, but I got the distinct feeling the ones interviewing me had little exposure to jobs outside of AIR. Salary levels seemed quite below the standard for the area too.

Interview Questions

• One Q was something that was an obvious situation to lead the interviewee to use a hash table to solve the problem.   1 Answer
    • Some Big O notation stuff.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. I had one screen interview with HR, followed by phone technical interview and onsite interview. Questions on Data structure, Algorithms, C#.Net, SQL, Multi threading, Problem solving skilss, Database queries.

SQL Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research.

Interview

At first, the HR replies the email very quickly. Even though she postponed my interview but the first interview was smooth and delightful. She asked me some general SQL questions and about my expected salary, when can I come to work, etc. Then she scheduled my next technical interview next week and told me about the overall process. She promised to send me detailed information later and looked forward to keeping in touch with me. I thought she was so efficient and thoughtful. Then came to the interview day, I waited and sent email, no reply and no phone calls. It's been two weeks after and still no update. I could understand that they may have better candidates or the position is filled. However, I would really appreciate if they could give me a reply.

Network Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (Reston, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

recieved a call from the recruiter.
    we had a phone interview
    took a behaviour test.
    skype interview
    set up date for interview with AIR
    medium size room 2-3 managers from their team
    Interviewed
    received a call about 1-2 hours later stating i got the job.

Interview Questions

• how have i handle a conflict in my previous work   1 Answer