American Institutes for Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research in April 2016.

Interview

The recurter called and told me the description of the job. Made an appointment for a phone interview. On the phone interview day nothing hard was asked... The interviewer mainly described the job and asked if that is something I would be interested in

Interview Questions

• They just want to know if what they are offering you is something that you would interested in doing   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR person in DC office and an on-site interview with 4 colleagues in the San Mateo office (where I'm working). We mainly discussed my past experience in quantitative research and data analysis, and the statistical software skills I have.

Interview Questions

• talk about your research project   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research in October 2017.

Interview

Went through email introduction. I was given an code test to take. Seemed good and standard. Once complete the code test, I was told to zip my files and send to the HR person.

This is where it goes down hill.
    1.) They can't open zip files. So why ask for a zip file.
    2.) I sent my files through my github account.
    3.) I didn't here back from them at all. I just assumed they have github blocked or something.

This was probably one of the strangest and wasteful interviews I have EVER DONE.

Science Test Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (Washington, DC).

Interview

First, was a phone screen with HR, followed by phone interview with Senior Manager a few days later. A day after the phone interview, received invitation for on-site visit to meet with 5-6 people. 1hr long test. Spoke with HR about benefits and chatted with several staff members.

.NET Developer Interview

Interview

HR and the tech team was good. The whole interview process was fast and efficient. Wish I had more experience on C# and database design. The recruiting team are eager to hire talented .NET developer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (Washington, DC) in July 2017.

Interview

There we three steps. The first was video conference with the recruiter followed by technical phone interview. The last step was onsite interview with senior engineer, technical director, and technical project manger.

SQL Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research.

Interview

At first, the HR replies the email very quickly. Even though she postponed my interview but the first interview was smooth and delightful. She asked me some general SQL questions and about my expected salary, when can I come to work, etc. Then she scheduled my next technical interview next week and told me about the overall process. She promised to send me detailed information later and looked forward to keeping in touch with me. I thought she was so efficient and thoughtful. Then came to the interview day, I waited and sent email, no reply and no phone calls. It's been two weeks after and still no update. I could understand that they may have better candidates or the position is filled. However, I would really appreciate if they could give me a reply.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (Washington, DC).

Interview

Met with four senior level folks. We discussed my project management skills. They wanted to know about my technical skills. They asked about my education background. They asked about my past experiences. They wanted to know if I worked on multiple projects at the same time. They wanted to know if I had experience with folks from outside engineering.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research.

Interview

I applied for the position on the AIR website. I was initially contacted by an HR rep via email about 2 weeks after I had applied. We set up a short (15-minute) phone screening, which was then followed by a 30-minute phone interview with two managers. This went well and so they immediately scheduled me for a 2 1/2 hour GoTo Meeting (similar to Skype). I talked with HR, then rotated with a couple people who were in the position I was applying for, as well as a couple Psychometricians. Overall, the interview went smoothly. I ended the interview feeling pretty confident. I was told I would hear back a week later. I didn't hear anything from HR, so I followed-up and was told they chose someone else

Interview Questions

• They mainly wanted me to explain my research experience. They did, however, ask me a few statistics related questions.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research.

Interview

The interview process occurred over 4 months; communication for interview scheduling and at follow-up was poor. I applied online, had an initial interview and then a second interview two months later. In the second interview, I gave a research presentation and then met with several employees one-on-one throughout the day. The questions that I received were normal, nothing challenging (tell me about your research, your experience, etc.). After my interview, communications with AIR went silent. HR did not respond to my follow-up email two weeks after my interview inquiring about the status of my application. I didn't hear anything until a month later (following an additional follow-up e-mail) when I was told they gave the position to somebody else.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Institutes for Research (Washington, DC).

Interview

Two rounds of phone screen followed by an onsite interview. They asked a lot of technical questions on SQL and some questions on Excel. The overall experience was very professional and efficient and people there were very nice.