Anadarko Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (The Woodlands, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was quick and pleasant. Each interviewer was thorough, professional and expressed an interest in me. I was made to feel comfortable which made the interview go as well as it did.

Interview Questions

• Do you have issues working with all types of personalities?   1 Answer

Geology Interview

Interview

The interview was overall a very positive experience. The interview team was very friendly and welcoming. The questions were predominantly behavioral and fit oriented, and lightly touched on research activities and methods.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you overcame a conflict with a supervisor?   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Two Anadarko attorneys interviewed me for about 30 minutes. They reviewed my resume, asked me about my classes and my prior experience working with clients, and a bit about my personality, but not as much as a regular law firm interview.

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Norman, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was with a panel of 3 geoscientists. They ask a lot of questions based of your resume. Be ready to discuss your experiences in detail. If you're not a geophysicist, they'll pull out a seismic line for you to interpret.

IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting website, was emailed a link to fill out an application, and an on-campus interview was scheduled. Came into a greeting room first, then interviewed by two senior IT auditors.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Anadarko?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

For a contractor, I was first interviewed through my recruiter at the staffing agency. They gave my resume to Andarko and I got a phone call within the next day. The interview consisted of the hiring manager and the assistant manager. The interview lasted no more than 30-45 minutes. Afterwards, my recruiter called me within a couple hours to let me know that they wanted to move forward with hiring me.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was okay with commuting 45-50 miles each way for work.   1 Answer

Rotational Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

Very laid back and personal. The process started with a dinner the night before on-campus interviews. The on-campus interviews were with 2 managers who asked mostly behavioral questions. Next step was an office visit that included a tour and two 45 minute interviews. Again, those were both conversational with a few behavioral questions. Each person I talked to was so nice and easy to get along with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite mentor (boss, professor, etc.) and your least favorite mentor.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed and what you wish you had done differently   Answer Question

ITS Intern III Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Applied through school career website and was invited to interview. They had a pre-interview dinner where perspective candidates got a chance to meet the two interviewers. Interview day consisted of meeting the greeter, followed by being interviewed by the two recruiters from the dinner. The interview itself was very conversational and the interviewers acted "human" and were very friendly (I previously had an interview with ExxonMobil and I was very monotone). Questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work experiences as stated on your resume.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX).

Interview

The process at Anadarko Petroleum was quite straight forward. The HR sent to the career fair were very informative and friendly. Once you're selected for an interview, the Q&A portion was strictly behavioral. Anadarko just wants to learn more you and what you did you see in Anadarko. I would highly recommend applying to the company, it's a great community to be a part of.

Statistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Statistics Intern-I applied online at Anadarko career site. I got a interview call after a month. It was skype interview. Tell me about yourself?
    Why Anadarko? Resume walkthrough(work experience, projects etc.,)

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (The Woodlands, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I met them at the career fair at Texas A&M. I received an email about a week later informing me that I was selected for an interview. I went to the interview in The Woodlands and then was selected for the position.