Anadarko Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (The Woodlands, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was quick and pleasant. Each interviewer was thorough, professional and expressed an interest in me. I was made to feel comfortable which made the interview go as well as it did.

Interview Questions

• Do you have issues working with all types of personalities?   1 Answer

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

Skype interview with four including manager. Mostly resume walkthrough, with your aspirations and passions. There were a lot of discussions and be honest on things you know and don’t know (but counter the latter with willingness to learn and pick up!).

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this X method for your research thesis instead of Y method?   Answer Question

EHS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in The Woodlands, TX. The process was very long and drawn out. From application to the first phone interview was 4 months. One month later was the face to face interview. No follow up phone call to notify if I did not get the position. I emailed the recruiter two weeks after the interview to check the status of the position and she stated a letter would be sent out in the event that I was not offered the position. That letter never came either.

Interview Questions

• Why Anadarko? (With a very big interest in online reviews of the company)   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I went to the campus interview. Talked about my previous projects. Some technical questions relating to the project details. I brought myself trouble by mentioning something I am not familiar with.

Interview Questions

• Do you think yourself more as a frequentist or Bayesian?   1 Answer

Rotational Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Huntsville, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was very relaxed and conversational. I went in very nervous, but the interviewers very quickly put me at ease. I was declined the position, but encouraged to try again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Your favorite mentor/employer/professor and least favorite.   Answer Question

Geology Interview

Interview

The interview was overall a very positive experience. The interview team was very friendly and welcoming. The questions were predominantly behavioral and fit oriented, and lightly touched on research activities and methods.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you overcame a conflict with a supervisor?   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Two Anadarko attorneys interviewed me for about 30 minutes. They reviewed my resume, asked me about my classes and my prior experience working with clients, and a bit about my personality, but not as much as a regular law firm interview.

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Norman, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was with a panel of 3 geoscientists. They ask a lot of questions based of your resume. Be ready to discuss your experiences in detail. If you're not a geophysicist, they'll pull out a seismic line for you to interpret.

IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting website, was emailed a link to fill out an application, and an on-campus interview was scheduled. Came into a greeting room first, then interviewed by two senior IT auditors.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Anadarko?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in September 2017.

Interview

It was a campus interview. Questions varied for each person. They start out broad but then ask specific questions based on your resume. Questions are more of "get to know you" rather than "how many skittles would it take to fill the Gulf of Mexico"

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

For a contractor, I was first interviewed through my recruiter at the staffing agency. They gave my resume to Andarko and I got a phone call within the next day. The interview consisted of the hiring manager and the assistant manager. The interview lasted no more than 30-45 minutes. Afterwards, my recruiter called me within a couple hours to let me know that they wanted to move forward with hiring me.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was okay with commuting 45-50 miles each way for work.   1 Answer