Ann Taylor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Milford, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

There was a few questions about the job that were answered in a timely fashion Then there was a meet an greet . Also was shown the entire premises of work site

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a very relaxed and friendly interview. It started with a phone interview followed by an in person interview in a beautiful and plush conference room . I got an offer the same day.

Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online, then <2 weeks later I was contacted by a hiring manager. For this position, I was required to complete an Excel test, and upon completion of that test, an initial phone interview was scheduled for a few days later with the same hiring manger. The initial phone interview was relatively quick, and at the end of the call she told me that I will move on to round two interviews, and those would be ~2 hours of skype calls with different people at Ann Inc who I would be working with (current planners, managers, other hiring managers, etc) with each talk lasting around 20 minutes. For the round two interviews, two current employees would skype with me at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose my major, why I wanted to pursue this internship/why Ann Inc, why I wanted to spend the summer in NYC, who my style icon was, etc. Fun questions overall!   Answer Question

Negotiation

I chose not to negotiate; their offer was already amazing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Irvine, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

This interview was for Ann Taylor LOFT and was very unprofessional. I applied online and was called for an interview a couple weeks later. She didn't even bring a pen (interviews usually consist of some type of note taking). The entire time her attention was on the other people around the mall. She never kept eye contact or even gave me the time of day. Please be professional and at least value my time. It's just as important as yours. I was asked a lot of questions, but I felt rushed. The questions were about team work, customers, and trends. It's a shame because I like this store, but felt the unprofessional experience has made me rethink my opinion on this store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Golden, CO).

Interview

I was recruited by one of the store managers, so I"ll start off by saying I did not seek out this position.

The store manager was high energy and very pleasant. We had similar personalities so we got along well. Our interview went extremely well and she passed me on to the District Manager for an interview.

The District Manager sat me down in a teeny tiny office in the back of the store in which I was sitting less than a foot away from him with nothing in between us. He then proceeded to berate me, interrupt me and talk down to me for the next 30 minutes.

Looking at these other reviews for interviews with Ann Taylor, none of mine matched that, in fact, looking back they were both extremely unprofessional. I still don't know why I didn't stand up and walk out of the District Manager interview instead of sitting there being lectured and berated the entire time. It still makes me sick to think about and has made me very apprehensive about other interviews.

I don't believe I was the right person for the job or that I would have enjoyed working under someone like that, however I am human, I was RECRUITED by the person under the District Manager, I did not seek this job out, and the way I was treated was out of this world.

I will never shop there again.

Interview Questions

• "You are never going to get anywhere with a communications degree"

"Right now, I am asking the questions. I will tell you when it's YOUR turn to ask a question"

"Wow it seems like you are just all about money. Would you say that is correct?"

"What makes you think you can walk in here after never working here before and manage people who have been working here for ten or more years?"

"You think you are experienced? I have worked at...(Starts naming every single clothing store he has ever worked in or managed). That's experience." (First of all, sir, I'm not applying for your job....!)

"I have friends who make $1000+ every night serving at high end restaurants in New York City. Wouldn't that be nice? But you couldn't do that."

"Your resume is total crap."

I was asked TWO questions pertaining to the actual job: Managing approach to employees older than I and that had worked there longer, and what metric I would focus on to get all of them up if we were down for the day.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (King of Prussia, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

This company is all about appearance they do not care about your experience at all!

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult just want to put it out there that if you don't go in there looking like an Ann Taylor model, and a size 2 or smaller.   1 Answer

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very professional, informational, friendly, and interactive. I met with several people from my direct boss, to someone in a VP position, to someone who had a position equal to me. Everyone was extremely friendly and encouraging that the job environment was very clean and positive.

Interview Questions

• What my previous job/internship experience entailed.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

Easy and superficial. All they care about is what you are wearing. Don't come in with any casual, crazy clothes and they are obsessed with shoes! Make way too big of s deal
    On dress code. Light makeup and nothing too boring or too flashy.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pooler, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Pooler, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was very simple and straight forward. I was welcomed not only by the manager but also the associate. The interview was laid back. It was more of a conversation rather than only questions and answers.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

Submit online application and full out personality survey online
    Schedule an in store interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation