Assurant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Assurant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.6

External Reporting Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Bad communication from HR recruiter. Provided availability to schedule the call and didn't hear back. Then the recruiter just started calling me multiple times during the day without an appointment. When she finally scheduled the interview, she was late.
    During the interview she asked an illegal question and also started giving me unsolicited career advice.

Special Investigator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The Interview process was very relaxed and common in nature. The interview process started with a 30 minute phone screen and after that, the next step was face to face interview at the Atlanta office.

Interview Questions

• What type of management style do you like?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA).

Interview

I did an online assessment and the same day I was invited to do a phone interview. After the phone interview they scheduled me for a one on one interview and 1 month later I received a rejection email. Over 10 years of call center experience. All of the questions were situational questions internal only and it tells a lot about this company. They have more issues internally. I didn't feel the focus was on the customers at all.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had a disagreement with a form of management.   Answer Question

Process Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Quick and to the point like your average interview. The interview itself only lasted about 20 minutes and then in 2 weeks I was notified that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weakness?
      Do you work well under pressure?
      Tell me a time when you were under pressure, and what did you do ?   Answer Question

Summer In-House Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

As a second-year law student student at the time, I applied for the position through the school's symplicity page. Ended up getting an email back to interview on my law school campus. There were two interviewers that showed up--the company's Atlanta office's General Counsel and a Litigation Attorney. They spent a decent chunk of the interview casually introducing themselves, and then asked me to do the same. They seemed to make the interview a comfortable dialogue, and asked general questions throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can contribute to our legal department?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Data Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn from a consulting HR professional. They said they liked my analytical experience and had a role in Atlanta which is local and encouraged me to apply. Finally we got to an initial phone screen that went OK but had red flags. One red flag was that the "vacancy" didn't yet exist as someone was currently in the job but would be leaving the country. They didn't say who was leaving the country or when or if they would be also leaving the firm with their departure. This aroused suspicion the job was never going to result in an offer. I found out there would be an "introductory" call with a Director. It was ambiguous if it was a phone screen or phone interview or actually an introductory call. I found out also the Director resides at the Kansas City, MO office. Always a red flag when they have a local job but the interviewer is 1,000 miles across state lines and they have you talking with a director you won't be working with locally. I should have pushed back and said I wanted to speak to someone local because the job was purported to be local but went forward anyways. The phone call didn't go very well. The interviewer made vague references to his team by first name only and were not on the call. These are people I knew I would never meet. He mentioned vague descriptions of their talents. He only asked me one total interview question. He also made vague references to working out of the Milwaukee office and that he had a house there. Not sure what those had to do with the job in Atlanta.

After this phone call I was given an excel based assessment. I spent 9 hours completing it and turned the document in by the one week deadline. Weeks went by with no response but they said the plan "still" was to set up a phone call with the Director and peer level employees would be reviewing my work on the call.

Finally, when asking for another status update, the human resources consultant said the "team" has decided to cancel the opening and re-create the opening as a manager level position. All they did was use me as a tool to determine what demand there is in the marketplace for working at Assurant and calibrate a new completely different manager level position. The job was bogus. They were using tactics all along I've seen before. They don't have anyone in place that can execute.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you received constructive criticism from someone you worked with.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied for the position of Project Manager, I was contacted by a recruiter in which he asked for my availability for a phone interview. I responded with my availability and I never received a response. I went ahead and send a follow up email and all I received was a generic thank you for applying response with you meet the qualifications a recruiter will contact you. Very unprofessional, I read so many great reviews on the company and unfortunately my experience was not good.

Digital Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and reached out to the recruiter whom I had a relationship with. Received a phone screening. Then interviewed with the hiring manager over the phone. After that, it was an onsite panel interview. Closed up with a final phone interview with a business stakeholder.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The recruiter contacted me to set up a phone screen so I responded with my availability but never heard back. How unprofessional! A friend of mine was doing an interview with them with a different position but he says the communication was so slow (It turned out to be the same recruiter). The company should let go some of those unprofessional/unqualified recruiters. They will ruin the reputation of the company.

Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Springfield, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process was very quick and easy. I was called for a phone interview on 8/2, I did my in person interview on 8/4 and was given a offer on 8/5