Assurant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Assurant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.6

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

The interview process is long and they tell you that up front. It can take 4 months. The interviews are engaging overall. Each interviewer picks a competency and asks questions, i.e. innovation, leadership, etc.

The actual interviews were engaging and informative.

The issue I had with the process is that I had eleven interviews and went on site 3 times. They put me in a holding pattern and would not provide updates. I had to reach out several times to get a status. It was over ten weeks from my last interview till I was told that I didn't not get the job. It gives the impression that they cannot make a decision.

The holding pattern lacks professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you are creative and innovative.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

They usually have an HR recruiter call you and feel you out. They ask you typical questions, they feel out your experience. Not too much structure. Then they send your resume to the hiring manager and you have another interview from there. I have had two separate interviews with them, every time I apply for them they call me, they act interested, however they are super weird about hiring non local candidates. They take a lot of convincing that you are willing you relocate. And then if you aren't local, even if you are willing to relocate at your own expense, they tell you they only like to hire locals and that they hiring manager will probably not want to go through with an interview, the recruiter will tell you they will follow up with you the next day and then you will ever hear from them again, if you follow up with them they don't respond. This has happened twice now. I have been trying to relocate to another state and even though my resume said my current state, they still called me and told me each time the hiring manager probably wasn't going to accept my resume because I lived in another state, even though I was willing to relocate at my own expense immediately. They are very skeptical about this and they have clearly been burned in the past with candidates not following through with relocating after they get hired, and I felt like each time all they did was drill me on relocation like they didn't believe me and asked me many an abnormal number of questions about why I wanted to relocate. I find this quite odd that they are so adamant about hiring ONLY locals for in office positions. I have never come across another company like this and have relocated before. I have to say I am honestly disappointed and will likely not bother applying again. They seem to waste my time as well as their own, why call me if you aren't going to consider me when it clearly states where I live on my application? Oh and as a side note their recruiters never call when they say they will, you really have to be persistent and even that fails at times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to relocate? Do you have family here? Do you have a lease? Do you have a place to live? What is your desired salary? What is your experience like.   Answer Question

Material Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (York, PA).

Interview

You start with a phone interview where upper management or a supervisor will call, then go in for an in-person meeting with an HR rep to discuss schedule, shifts, etc, schedule and take a drug test at one of the facilities they list for you, then get ready for orientation

Interview Questions

• Are you able to perform repetitive tasks while paying strict attention to detail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The first interview was scheduled and upon completion of the first interview and acceptance of the management team, there was a second panel interview. The process was pretty easy and I did not feel any intimidation at all.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a situation where I did everything I could to solve a problem and still failed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Assurant (Albany, OR).

Interview

I interview with a supervisors and an HR representative. They really listen to my responses and were engaged with me throughout my interview process. I felt very comfortable and not put on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

intense but very professional. I interviewed with a supervisor as well as the operations manger. Both asked about 10 questions a piece. They both seemed very knowledgeable of the company. Overall the interview was about 1 hour long.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant in April 2017.

Interview

Comfortable, engaging, straight forward............ Clear, fun, felt wanted g…The manager was nice, knowledgeable, friendly and she seemed genuinely interested in my background and responses to the questions she asked. Interview questions were customer service related and not difficult

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Location Duluth, GA I applied for the job online. The application is very easy. A little under 2 weeks later I was asked to take an assessment as well as schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was extremly quick, 10 mins. Very easy questions. Next step will be an in person interview

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been employed with the company   Answer Question
    • How did you find out about the position   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked in a call center before   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite thing about working in a call center   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a stressful work envirnment   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked for a company where you day was scheduled for you and if so how do you handle it   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews during October 2016. HR person told me I did well on all 3 technical phone interviews. Have not heard back since. Seeing that the job is still open 5 monthis later it sounds like the positon is either fake or they can't get budget approval for it.

Don't waste your time interviewing with these jokers.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Assurant in February 2017.

Interview

My "interview" consisted of a 30 minute phone call. The first half was spent telling me about the company. But things changed dramatically when the "technical" part started. At this point the tone changed radically. The interviewer asked me a series of strange, abstract questions that had very little to do with the skills listed on the job req. At no point was I given any chance to talk about my skills or experience. It ended abruptly when the interviewer hung up without giving me any chance to ask questions. I asked kindly for another chance to prove myself but was ignored. Just an awful experience. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a number of very detailed database questions that no developer would be expected to know.   1 Answer