Assurant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Assurant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2018

2.6

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Very good. We did a telephone interview and I was selected for a follow up in office, the managers were very pleasant and I felt comfortable. I would highly recommend this company and department. I was not ask crazy question but work related, I had some experience but not an expert.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Florence, SC) in January 2018.

Interview

Application was done online. After completing the application I received an email stating that a position has come open and they would like for me to complete a full application. A few hours later received another email inviting me complete an assessment within 72 hours. 3 hours after completing the assessment I received an email inviting me to schedule a phone interview. After the phone email which I scheduled about 4 days later I was told I could move on to the next step and schedule a face to face interview with the hiring manager which was 2 days later. A day after the face to face interview I received a call stating that they would like to offer me the job contingent upon successful completion of a background test and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Assurant (Santa Ana, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Assurant has been trying to fill a Scrum Master role in Santa Ana, CA for some time, as evident from the 3-5 emails I get every day from different recruiters all trying to get this business. Let me set the stage - the local Agile community in Orange County is tight-knit. We all talk and we all share experiences. The stigma re: Assurant, at least as it pertains to this role and their overall Agile transformation in general, is that they pay low and the hiring managers absolutely unequivocally DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!! The questions that were proxied through a recruiter were absolutely nonsensical, and didn't jive with Agile values & supporting principles at all. Many of their questions were straight out of the Waterfall handbook, and some of their questions were in fact passive aggressive derisions of the candidates themselves. Not only did I go through this experience, but I know several other, infinitely more quality Agilists than me, who were disqualified from this job by completely ignorant hiring managers who have no clue what they want and no clue how to properly interview for the sake of determining commensurate skills.

Interview Questions

• If you have only held a CSM cert for X-years, how can you have managed as many projects as you claim to have?   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

The hiring team at Assurant made me clear about the position before the interview process which made me comfortable with the process. The interview process went smoothly and the team also shared few experiences about their work and culture.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Process took two weeks. Once face to face was scheduled, I waited about 30 minutes for them to find someone to interview me after no one was able to find security to open the door so that I could interview.

External Reporting Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Bad communication from HR recruiter. Provided availability to schedule the call and didn't hear back. Then the recruiter just started calling me multiple times during the day without an appointment. When she finally scheduled the interview, she was late.
    During the interview she asked an illegal question and also started giving me unsolicited career advice.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA).

Interview

I did an online assessment and the same day I was invited to do a phone interview. After the phone interview they scheduled me for a one on one interview and 1 month later I received a rejection email. Over 10 years of call center experience. All of the questions were situational questions internal only and it tells a lot about this company. They have more issues internally. I didn't feel the focus was on the customers at all.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had a disagreement with a form of management.   Answer Question

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, Phone screen with Hiring Mgr and face to face with Hiring Mgr and his Mgr. I got a call the day of my face to face with an offer.

Special Investigator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The Interview process was very relaxed and common in nature. The interview process started with a 30 minute phone screen and after that, the next step was face to face interview at the Atlanta office.

Interview Questions

• What type of management style do you like?   1 Answer

Process Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

Quick and to the point like your average interview. The interview itself only lasted about 20 minutes and then in 2 weeks I was notified that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weakness?
      Do you work well under pressure?
      Tell me a time when you were under pressure, and what did you do ?   Answer Question