Assurant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.6

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Location Duluth, GA I applied for the job online. The application is very easy. A little under 2 weeks later I was asked to take an assessment as well as schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was extremly quick, 10 mins. Very easy questions. Next step will be an in person interview

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been employed with the company   Answer Question
    • How did you find out about the position   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked in a call center before   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite thing about working in a call center   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a stressful work envirnment   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked for a company where you day was scheduled for you and if so how do you handle it   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews during October 2016. HR person told me I did well on all 3 technical phone interviews. Have not heard back since. Seeing that the job is still open 5 monthis later it sounds like the positon is either fake or they can't get budget approval for it.

Don't waste your time interviewing with these jokers.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Assurant in February 2017.

Interview

My "interview" consisted of a 30 minute phone call. The first half was spent telling me about the company. But things changed dramatically when the "technical" part started. At this point the tone changed radically. The interviewer asked me a series of strange, abstract questions that had very little to do with the skills listed on the job req. At no point was I given any chance to talk about my skills or experience. It ended abruptly when the interviewer hung up without giving me any chance to ask questions. I asked kindly for another chance to prove myself but was ignored. Just an awful experience. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a number of very detailed database questions that no developer would be expected to know.   1 Answer

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

There are some very nice people in the Talent Acquisition and very easy to talk too, the company is having many issues and they came out during the interview. Once we got the way through the process did they discuss salary. Even though i filled out my past history and "expectation" the salary for the position was significantly below my minimum. Once we started discussing salary, HR started telling me about all the salary cuts everyone in the company was going through and how people got "promoted: but had to do more work for the same salary. I appreciated the candor, they were trying to "bid me down" into a significantly lower salary.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle being part of geographically dispersed team.   Answer Question

Front Line Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Addison, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewer ask you questions about your work experience and ask a series of basic scenario questions. The entire process was super easy and laid back. Also be prepared to answer questions about future goals within the company. Again not a hard interview just prepare yourself to talk about yourself and the things you bring to the table.

QATestr Interview

Interview

Questions are more towards knowing YOU, accomplishments, and how much you know about the company. They speak highly of the company, its mission, culture, products and people. It was a great experience.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on Glassdoor and received email from HR to set up phone interview.
    Had initial interview with HR on the phone, then phone interview with hiring manager and then face to face in Atlanta office.
    Everyone was gracious and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working with Assurant?
      What do you foresee as challenges?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Was made an offer verbally and then offer letter send. Some negotiation.

Loss Draft Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Assurant (Springfield, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

It started with three phone interviews between two people through a temp agency over the period of two days. After the third phone interview, I was informed that the hiring manager wanted to do an in person interview.

The in person interview was a breeze. I met with the unit manager and the team lead for the client I would eventually end up working for. They asked a few general questions like why I wanted to work there, if I had any experience with difficult customers, the usual stuff. They explained what a typical day was like before opening it up to me to ask any questions I had. They also explained that everyone hired on is a temp at first but that they make it their goal to hire on temps after their contract ends, especially if the person shows initiative and acts like they want to be there, because a problem they've had on their team is people not showing up.

Overall it was a great experience. I heard back a day later that if I still wanted the position, it was mine.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer and what you did to handle the situation.   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied for a different position, but a recruiter contacted me and asked if I would be interested in a different role. The recruiter sent me two tests to complete: one timed online test that asked why I felt I would be a good fit for the role, and another 1-2 hour written exam to test my analytical skills. After completing and submitting these exams, the recruiter scheduled a phone interview. The recruiter did not call on the day of the scheduled interview, and when I tried repeatedly to reach out to re-schedule I received no response from him. The most unprofessional recruiting experience have ever encountered.

Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Springfield, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly painless. I applied online, received an email to do an online qualifying assessment the same day. Did that then received another email advising me to set up a phone interview (this was actually with a recruiter from a staffing agency who was only verifying information already submitted). She scheduled me for a face-to-face interview with actual hiring managers. Someone mentioned this same thing: the resume the hiring managers had in hand was outdated, and I was quite mortified because my current resume, which I had submitted to the recruiter, had been professionally redone and eliminated unnecessary personal information. Upon my realization of this, my entire game was thrown off. The hiring managers were very nice but I found it near impossible to regain my composure. Needless to say, I feel I completely bombed the interview. I have not yet received an offer or decline as my interview was just this past Friday before New Year's Eve.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a time when I went above and beyond my duties in a position.   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer