Assurant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Mobile Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Westlake, OH).

Interview

This interview was with Assurant Labs in Westlake, OH.

After applying online I received an email from HR and we setup a time to speak. At the end of my conversation with HR he setup a technical phone screen for me. The 30 min phone screen involved me writing very small code then answering a lot of computer science related questions. It wasn't anything crazy hard but it wasn't easy. The feedback was positive so I was setup another technical phone screen. In this 60 min interview about half was technical then the other half was time for me to ask more questions. Since I was applying for an iOS position I was asked iOS related questions and swift programming questions.

The initial feedback from HR was positive but my lack of any experience kept me from moving to the onsite stage of the interview process. I was disappointed but my overall experience was still very positive. After interviewing with other companies their politeness and professionalism felt like a breath of fresh air. The interview process was fast and structured. I could tell this was a company run by people with a passion for technology.

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Had one interview with the accounting manager and I got my response in 2 weeks. One of managers concern was to make sure that I was a good fit. The atmosphere was relaxed

Interview Questions

• Mostly Bank reconciliations and Cash management. The manager wanted to know my confidence level and if I was able to explain some of the duties to show that I had experience indeed.   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Cleveland, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received an email from recruiter. Interview was scheduled pretty quickly whole process took about a week. Had a phone screen, interview was half simple managerial questions and half of it was about technical questions. Do prep simple technical and some design questions.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string, how will you design a deck of cards games, convert int to bit value.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (York, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

When I first came in for my interview I was meet by two people from HR who asked me to fill out another application while they took my resume and made another copy aside from the one I had already emailed previously. I then waited for 20 minutes or so and was then interviewed by 4 or 5 different people, 4 or 5 times. Some of the people conducting my interview portrayed a feeling as though I was interrupting part of their day. On the other hand some interviewers were very polite. They asked basic questions that are normally asked for any job, then they introduced me to who would be my supervisor for my shift. She then showed me around the building and explained exactly what I would be doing when I start work with Assurant. The interview process only took about and hour an a half and I was given my start date and work schedule. Then we had set up a date and time for me to do the orientation before my first day of work. The orientation process was about 2 and a half hours long, but one person in particular out of the 3 who had done the orientation was very rude and snubbed any questions anyone had about the company, which I felt was very unprofessional. From the time I had applied until I had gotten hired was about 3 weeks.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Assurant (Anaheim, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the Strategy Analyst opportunity. I was contacted a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview with a HR recruiter. We scheduled the phone interview for nearly two weeks later. This company has very large gaps between communication times and will schedule appointments weeks later.

So the phone interview went very well. The recruiter asked a lot of pointed questions and I believe that she gained a clear understanding of my background, skills and interest. She described the role as corporate strategy with a project management attribute.

A few weeks went by before I was contacted again to speak to the hiring manager. By this time another HR recruiter/ scheduler became involved. She was extremely disorganized - it was like pulling teeth working through her. We finally scheduled a time to speak with the hiring manager - a VP, for a couple weeks later. He missed the phone interview without advanced notice. Hours after the interview schedule time he left a message for ME to call the hr team and reschedule as something came up. I did but really believe he should have done so himself.

Another couple weeks passed and we finally spoke. The job description that he gave did not match the ad nor the initial recruiter's version. He seemed very disinterested in speaking from the word hello. I couldn't understand why he would even asked for an interview in the first place. When I asked him questions he gave the driest vaguest answers possible. For example I asked the timeline he replied "i travel a lot. who knows - 30 days, 60 days, 90 days."

so be warned 2 things - the company is extremely untimely in communication and response time and the role that you applied to description may be different that what the hiring manager truly sees as being the tasks involved.

Interview Questions

• the hiring manager didnt ask any hard questions. our interview lasted no more than 20 minutes. the hr recruiter asked a lot of scenario based questions and wanted rhyme and reason for every decision that i've made in my career and education.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a panel Interview that asked various questions about my personality and past employment experiences. The interview was a little uncomfortable, because it was held in basically and half abandoned building that looked like it was going to be closed. After meeting the interviewers, we walked to various conference rooms to find a place to interview. Some of the conference rooms had storage boxes, and the smell of an old warehouse rarely used. I felt that the process wasn't properly planned out, and that I was walking into a situation that wasn't meant to be long term. The situation turned out to be true that after I received the offer, a week later the organization was bought out. The contact that made the initial offer said that she was unaware of what was happening and that she would let me know if the offer was still standing with the new organization. Three days later I received a call from another "interview contact" with the new organization saying that I needed to do more testing, and sent me a "prep" test with an assortment of questions on it. After doing the prep test and really thinking about is it worth taking a leap of faith, I ended up backing out because I just didn't feel comfortable with making a decision with all the changes that were going on.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict?
      How do you prioritize work?
      Describe a time where you had to report a coworker for not being on task.
      How do you handle constantly changing roles and responsibilities?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

The initial phone call from the recruiter went very well. Then a follow up 24 hours later from HR that actually setup the interview. HR rep. seemed a little insensitive people who are currently employed because I was asked to come in to interview the next day. The interview was scheduled for the following Monday @ 9 AM. I checked in and photographed in the building @ 8:30 AM. The manager I was suppose to interview with did not come out to get me until 9:40 AM. This was the most unprofessional interview process ever. Then while in the middle of the interview, the manager decided to check their phone in concerns of their next meeting. Really unconcerned with the interview currently and the fact they where extremely late.

Interview Questions

• The questions had no relation to the job at hand and the "fire-range" of questions will never land a qualified candidate. You will never get to know the candidate.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process took several trips to the companies with me meeting with probably about seven different managers or directors. The entire process took several months. It was very time consuming. The interviews consisted of several panel interviews each time. Each interview took at least an hour to an hour and a half each. Either they had a lot of candidates to consider or the hiring manager had a packed calendar and did not have a lot of availability.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding my experience as it related to the position.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant in July 2017.

Interview

The interview consists of two phone interviews with talent acquisition and the hiring manager. Then two in person interviews. The first in person interviews was with the hiring manager and other senior level managers. The second was with the head of the department. Overall, the interview process was ok. Nothing stands out, but moves forward quickly at the beginning, but not so much in the end. If not hearing any feedback in a couple of days (regardless what they tell you before the interviews), it'll most likely be a negative one. which is pretty standard practice in recruiting. No news = bad news.

Interview Questions

• How was your previous work experience related to the job opening?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Boise, ID) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied online for this position through careerbuilder.com, and was contacted by corporate recruiter within about a week. The recruiter set an appointment for a phone interview, and emailed me some additional information on the position as well as links to several online skill and personality assessments. After a successful phone interview and satisfactory completion of the online assessments, the recruiter scheduled and 1on1 interview with the local hiring manager. This entire process could probably happen in as little as a week, however due to scheduling challenges, took roughly 2 weeks for me. My interviewer seemed very knowledgeable about the industry

Interview Questions

• Personality profile. It took 90 minutes and was a couple hundred questions, many of which were repeated several times in different ways to keep you honest   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

Lengthy process, One hour phone interview and numerous interview at the office. Skills test was 2 hours long followed by interview with hiring manager.

Negotiation

No negotiations available