Assurant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.6

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Location Duluth, GA I applied for the job online. The application is very easy. A little under 2 weeks later I was asked to take an assessment as well as schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was extremly quick, 10 mins. Very easy questions. Next step will be an in person interview

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been employed with the company   Answer Question
    • How did you find out about the position   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked in a call center before   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite thing about working in a call center   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a stressful work envirnment   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked for a company where you day was scheduled for you and if so how do you handle it   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews during October 2016. HR person told me I did well on all 3 technical phone interviews. Have not heard back since. Seeing that the job is still open 5 monthis later it sounds like the positon is either fake or they can't get budget approval for it.

Don't waste your time interviewing with these jokers.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Assurant in February 2017.

Interview

My "interview" consisted of a 30 minute phone call. The first half was spent telling me about the company. But things changed dramatically when the "technical" part started. At this point the tone changed radically. The interviewer asked me a series of strange, abstract questions that had very little to do with the skills listed on the job req. At no point was I given any chance to talk about my skills or experience. It ended abruptly when the interviewer hung up without giving me any chance to ask questions. I asked kindly for another chance to prove myself but was ignored. Just an awful experience. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a number of very detailed database questions that no developer would be expected to know.   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on Glassdoor and received email from HR to set up phone interview.
    Had initial interview with HR on the phone, then phone interview with hiring manager and then face to face in Atlanta office.
    Everyone was gracious and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working with Assurant?
      What do you foresee as challenges?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Was made an offer verbally and then offer letter send. Some negotiation.

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied for a different position, but a recruiter contacted me and asked if I would be interested in a different role. The recruiter sent me two tests to complete: one timed online test that asked why I felt I would be a good fit for the role, and another 1-2 hour written exam to test my analytical skills. After completing and submitting these exams, the recruiter scheduled a phone interview. The recruiter did not call on the day of the scheduled interview, and when I tried repeatedly to reach out to re-schedule I received no response from him. The most unprofessional recruiting experience have ever encountered.

Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Springfield, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly painless. I applied online, received an email to do an online qualifying assessment the same day. Did that then received another email advising me to set up a phone interview (this was actually with a recruiter from a staffing agency who was only verifying information already submitted). She scheduled me for a face-to-face interview with actual hiring managers. Someone mentioned this same thing: the resume the hiring managers had in hand was outdated, and I was quite mortified because my current resume, which I had submitted to the recruiter, had been professionally redone and eliminated unnecessary personal information. Upon my realization of this, my entire game was thrown off. The hiring managers were very nice but I found it near impossible to regain my composure. Needless to say, I feel I completely bombed the interview. I have not yet received an offer or decline as my interview was just this past Friday before New Year's Eve.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a time when I went above and beyond my duties in a position.   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant.

Interview

I applied online. The recruiter contacted me for a basic phone interview. I was then told I would receive an email for a scheduled interview. I did andnknterview with two leaders of my team. They were friendly and asked most basic questions you would expect. Tell me about yourself, your experience, and a few situational like describe a time I dealt with an irate customer and what was the result.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to deal with an irate customer and what was the result.   1 Answer

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Springfield, OH).

Interview

I interviewed with 2 managers, both were nice and ask the basic questions. How do you handle stressful situations, etc. They ask that question because many of the calls are stressful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond what was expected of you.   1 Answer

Customer Representative Interview

Interview

Received call from recruiter, from the moment she spoke asking to speak to me I knew it would not be a good interview. The recruiter was cold in every question and didn't even say thank you at the end of the interview process after making the interview process as if I was being interviewed for a crime. Worst interview process for Miami Assurant lovation. I was not called for an offer.

Regional Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Assurant (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

I was originally contacted by the recruiter via LinkedIn, and scheduled the initial phone interview with her for a Thursday. She was very friendly and did a great job answering all of my questions, and I was very interested in the job. She said she was going to forward my information to the hiring manager, and would call me by Monday to let me know whether or not he wanted to move forward. No call on Monday but it was a holiday so I didn't stress, but on Tuesday after still not receiving a call I sent her a follow-up email. I didn't receive any response for two weeks, then she finally responded telling me that they had already filled the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you needed to reach a specific goal, what you did to remedy the situation, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question