Assurant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Assurant (Springfield, OH) in August 2019.

Interview

Easy to talk to Operations Manager. This didn't even feel like an interview for me really, but when you have skilled individuals it should feel like a conversation rather than an assessment. I had two incredible interviewers, who were thoughtful and personable. I talk to a few others that found the interview difficult; however if you are comfortable talking about yourself and confident in your skills this interview should be a breeze.

Interview Questions

• Asked about times you have gone out of the way for customers and team.   1 Answer

Senior UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

They didn't know what questions to ask for the job, specifically, for a UX role. A lot of fumbling, couldn't provide a real road-map for the position or any pain-points that they were trying to solve. So the answers I delivered didn't resonate or click. I got the feeling they had a very narrow insight into the user-Centric design process.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard a one-page UX solution.   1 Answer

Data Analytics Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online with resume, recieved email regarding phone screen a couple months after application. Was conducted as a phone interview, between 30 min to 1 hour. Mostly behavioral questions, mixed with some technicals.

Interview Questions

• Describe an interesting data analytics project you've worked on.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA) in October 2019.

Interview

1. Recruiter screening
    2. Hiring manager screening
    3. In-person interview with three people
    4. Phone interview with another marketing manager
    5. Multiple unnecessary follow-ups with HR director
    6. In-person interview with a VP

After all of these interviews, I was never given a reason for the decision despite asking. I also believe I was stalled in the process. Don't feel very good about this company.

It should be a part of any corporate culture for someone who gets that deep in the interview process to be given a reason for no job offer. That should not even be up for debate. It's basic human kindness and professionalism and frankly it's just smart PR. Why would I ever want to go through that gauntlet again or recommend anyone else to? Be nice, people. Your reputation is all you have.

Interview Questions

• Was asked a lot about dealing with (typical) corporate bureaucracy.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within 48 hours. Set up phone interview for the next day I believe. Very easy phone interview, very pleasant, short and sweet. Went over resume and experience, behavioral questions. Set up in person interview for the following week. Probably the best interview I’ve ever had. My interviewers made me feel very comfortable. Asked basic customer service situation questions i.e “what would do if...” experience questions, very easygoing interview. Gave a lot of info about the company, answered my questions. 15-20 mins tops. Was told they would make their decisions after all their interviews were done in two days. On the drive home from the interview got a call from talent acquisition line and was informed I got the job and they couldn’t wait to tell me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer issue   Answer Question
    • You’re on a call with a customer and notice you have 2 customers waiting to be be picked up, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • You’re on a call with a customer who immediately wants to speak with a manager before you know the issue but no one is available, what do you do?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Got a call from recruiter and he asked the basic questions to make sure I knew my industry. I had a second interview with the hiring manager who asked great problem solving questions. We laughed and had a great time on the phone. I did one follow-up and was ghosted. Never heard from them after that.

It showed me that they, like a few others, aren’t very professional. If a person makes it to the 2nd interview it would be good to let them know if you’re moving on to someone else. No wonder their reviews are bad.

Director of Marketing Interview

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter and then interviewed internally with HR (twice) and the hiring VP. Every email to set up interviews came with confusing attachments about benefits and office features with no explanation. Appeared to be a mixed message standard practice.

in lieu of a phone call after 4+ hours of interviewing I received an automated no thanks message.

Interview Questions

• Most interview questions were pretty standard.   1 Answer

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Assurant (Duluth, GA) in July 2019.

Interview

Had a phone interview on Wednesday, 3 back to back interviews on Friday and got an offer on Tuesday. Simple interviews with behavioral questions. Everything moved quickly and interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Insurance Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Assurant (Miami, FL) in June 2019.

Interview

The Hiring process was easy. The manager who interviewed me is a sweetheart. Basically described job description to a t. Love the environment and the amenities that they offer their employees. Good environment to work in

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Assurant (Lewisville, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

Application online and then set up a
    Phone interview invitation to attend a
    Hiring event meet with a agent to decide job
    Speak to HR and do a questionnaire contacted with an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you found someone at the job trying to resale or use devices for personal use would you report it?   1 Answer