Auto-Owners Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.4

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance (Lansing, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

We started off with a tour of the company's main building. Then we had lunch in their cafe and they paid for them. After eating, we had a group panel session. They asked questions such as "why do you work here?", "what was your previous job experience like?", and "what would your previous employer say if I called them?".

They made me watch videos about the company which was a little weird.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance (Lansing, MI).

Interview

Started out with an interview with a recruiter, took 3ish weeks to get an in-person interview at Auto-Owners. Interviewed with 4 separate people 30 min each, heard back the next day

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance (Lansing, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I didn't have to go through a phone screening, I got an immediate interview just about two weeks after applying for an entry-level QA Tester Role. I received an offer for a different position three days later. I declined because it was in the same line of work I'm doing now and I want to do something different. I liked how quick the process was, but puzzled by what they're looking for. I thought I had many skills that could be applied to the role and it was entry level.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my work experience and didn't really drill down on anything specific. One question they asked in particular that I found interesting was how I preferred to be trained. If prefer a formal classroom training, or just diving right in and shadowing   Answer Question

Associate User Experience Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

After applying online, I was called in to have an in-person interview on campus. I interviewed with 3 different people and was given a tour of the building. There were behavioral questions as well as some design questions. (I would recommend reviewing some design principles and guidelines and practice common behavioral questions.) After the interview, I heard back from them fairly quickly and received an offer. A few days later, I accepted it.

QA Automation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance (Lansing, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Talked to recruiter at school career fair. Completed a short (recorded) video interview, then was called in for an in-person interview.

In-person interview was three half-hour interviews with two people each.

Interview Questions

• What would a previous manager/supervisor have said is one of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later for a 90 minute interview with three people. Not too hard of questions and all three were very nice. Have not heard back from them yet but the interview went well.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance (Lansing, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I talked with a recruiter on my college campus in September who encouraged me to apply in late December or early January. I applied in December and got a call at the end of January. I interviewed one-on-one with 3 different managers for about 1 hour total. I got a call 2 weeks later from HR with an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you had to design a billboard what would it look like?   Answer Question

Personal Lines Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance (Lansing, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

First, meet with a recruiter (it is worth it). The interview will last about an hour or longer. You will meet the hiring manager and other people in the department.

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance (Lansing, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Process was one interview session in two parts. Each part was with two people. Asked typical personality and experience questions. Nothing technical. All people were very friendly. The interview was much less stressful than a one on one. Having two interviewers made it feel more like a conversation.

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto-Owners Insurance (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I received an email referral to the position. I applied and within the week I received a call for an interview. I interviewed with the Branch Manager and then the manger below him. Interview was very easy and went smoothly. 3 long weeks went by and I was asked to come back for a second interview. During the second interview I was interviewed again by the same two people for about 20 mins. Then met with a lady who runs 3 branches and was the branch manager's boss. Right after the second interview I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle angry customers?
      What do you do to handle stress?
      What motivates you?
      Why is this position fit for you?
      What do you know about auto owners?
      What was your GPA?
      Least favorite class?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered much higher than I expected. This company takes care of its employees