BASF PDP Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BASF PDP Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at BASF

2.9

PDP Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

I spoke to a rep at a career fair and scheduled an on campus interview. I had two 30 minute interviews. One consisted of a few technical questions and the other was behavioral based. The rep said the turn around time would be quick and they would let me know if I would receive an offer soon.

Interview Questions

• If there are 3000 miles between LA and NY and there are 3 time zones in the United States. Find the diameter of the Earth.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BASF

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Austin, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

Two 30-minute interviews covering mostly behavioral questions. Technical explanation of previous experiences was required. Overall, a very friendly and smooth conversation. A case question was asked where they wanted to see how one might think about a problem and make approximations.

Interview Questions

• If the distance from NY to LA is 3000 mi, what is the diameter of the earth?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BASF (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus recruitment at a job fair followed by an on campus interview. There were behavioral and technical components. Many hypothetical/situational questions. I heard back from the company within a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• If it takes x hours to fly x miles from LA to New York, what is the circumference of the earth?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2018.

Interview

Technical and Behavioral. Technical Interview will shock you a little because need to think outside the box. 3 questions will be asked from a technical reviewer. Second interview is HR interview where they want to know how you handled situations in the past.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why are manhole covers round not square?
      Q: How would you increase pressure on discharge of compressor   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Geismar, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Geismar, LA) in September 2018.

Interview

Full day of interview at their site in Geismar. They brought us out and gave us a nice dinner and hotel with 4 interviews and a plant tour the next day. Very nice and appreciative of the time you took to go out there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BASF (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy. Had a behavioral and technical portion. Both were doable. You have to think on your feet. The technical portion wasn't that technical, more so business oriented. It was more behavioral though.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you used another point of view to answer a question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BASF (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I was invited to interview with the company for their PDP internship program after speaking with recruiters at a campus career fair. I was given two interviews: one behavioral and the other technical. The company seemed very focused on processes rather than outcomes. They were willing to hire multiple engineering disciplines for the chemical engineering positions.

Interview Questions

• I was given a distance from one point to another on Earth and asked to approximate the circumference of Earth with this information.   Answer Question

PDP Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

I had two 30-minute interviews in the same day. The first interview was with a current employee at a location of theirs and he asked behavioral as well as basic technical questions. The second interview was with the internship coordinator for the program and was all behavioral questions. I got the offer 2 1/2 weeks after my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BASF (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through college career website. On-campus interview two 30 minute interviews with engineers from a nearby site .

Received an invitation to 2nd round interview the next day. Had three 30 minute interviews engineering and HR managers and a tour of the facility. Behavioral questions in all of them and then two or technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that you did not meet a customer's requirements.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Apply online and through your school's career website. Visit the career fair and reqeust to be interviewed if interests match on both ends. Typically get feedback within 1 week of the interview