Banner Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Queen Creek, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banner Health (Queen Creek, AZ) in June 2018.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone screen to go over experience, educations, skills. Was scheduled the next day for an hour Skype call with 3 women (supervisors, managers) to further discuss the position, location, office culture, and answer 5 behavioral questions. They really are looking for a calm and collected individual that can be a quick thinker and keep the patient calm, comfortable, and happy. Don't sell yourself short, make sure to be very confident. Relax, be yourself, friendly, joke a little when and where appropriate. They want a team player who can get along well with the others.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where the outcome was not positive. How was it handled?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to stand up for what you believe in   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate client/customer/patient   Answer Question
    • Was there ever a time where one your ideas was implemented successfully? What was it and how did it turn out   Answer Question

Contracts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

2 days, no agenda, no list of questions on either side and 6-8 people randomly coming into conference room asking sometimes un-related questions of the role. Scattered and unorganized at best. Left me feeling very uncomfortable with department and how it was run and the hiring manager sat through the entire process without interjecting any guidance to anyone, except one time and that was not nearly enough. Maybe this "test" was the point of this chaotic process? Doubtful, I think they operate this way and I am glad I avoided it entirely with no offer. Huge RED FLAG.

Interview Questions

• How my previous job experience related to the role   1 Answer

Patient Accounts Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2007.

Interview

Interviewed with supervisor and separately with manager. Straight forward questions. No situational questions. Test was simple math. Process was positive and expectation was a positive outcome.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I might have been able to get slightly higher wage.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

I spoke with recruiters at Banner University's career fair and was called in for an interview. It was a quick behavioral based interview followed with a tour of the unit. I was called by the recruiter later that day regarding the status of my interview.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I put in an application for the labor and delivery unit. I was called a week or so after. They went over hours, job description and if that would work for me and then set up a time for an interview. I interviewed with two managers from the unit they had 12 questions to choose from and asked me six. They were all behavioral based and they don't ask much about you personally so I had to describe my qualities and skills through my answers as well. I got a call back within the next 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where someone didn't hold up their load of work and how you had to handle that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the recruiter in about 5 days. You must know someone as a referral to get your application pulled. I have applied about 20 times before and never received a call, so knowing someone at Banner is vital. Scheduled a phone interview a few days later. Pretty basic questions some behavioral questions, but nothing to difficult. I then was ask for a 2nd interview with the Nursing Manager I would be working for. The Nurse Manager was very warm and really wanted to get to know me better. It was one of the best interviews I've had. Behavioral questions were the main focus but they also lead to a discussion about past experiences. One week later I received a call and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were in a group and what role did you have and the outcome of the project.   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Quick 15 minute interview with supervisor after an initial phone interview with HR. overall easy and mainly a description of the job with few real questions about myself. Best way to prepare is research the position and be prepared to answer questions on a patient care technicians role

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banner Health (Mesa, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very positive and friendly. The manager was very caring and I felt really comfortable. I got a tour of the unit and the people I would possibly be working with. I was very confident and felt that I would get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banner Health (Mesa, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very simple, and the interview process was easy. Management was very nice and was open about the great things about the job and the nit and grit about the job. Such as being a transporter sometimes you take the brunt of it from the surrounding staff and the patients if they had been waiting a long time for your arrival when in honesty the RN forgot to put in the transport request, or they put the wrong info in.

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banner Health (Gilbert, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

I received a call from Banner HR. No phone interview. They just set a time for the interview. Panel interview with two of the transport managers. Pretty basic behavioral questions about 5 questions. Joe wrote notes the whole time. Kellie asks the questions. Both are very nice and friendly. Just be calm and come prepared for behavioral style questions. Took about 20 minutes. I was told they would call me sometime in the week. She called like an hour later and said I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and a coworker worked well together.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banner Health (Tucson, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

Quick, HR was on top of the applications within a week or less, and I was in for a face-to-face interview in a week and a half. Two interviews- one with HR rep and one with hiring manager for the department.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake in a workplace. How did you deal with it and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with someone you didn't agree with or someone who didn't pull their wait in the job title. What did you do/how did you deal with it and what was the result?   Answer Question