Banner Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.7

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied online, then filled out a couple hundred personality test online. The following week a recruiter called me, and I wasn't able to get a hold of her until the following day. She then went over my background/resume and told me the manager was holding interviews the following day. She sent me instructions to my e-mail, and thank goodness for Google Maps because that was more helpful. I arrived 20+ mins early to the interview, and waited awhile until the manager arrived. The 2 people I interviewed with had the flu, which I still hope I dont get sick from them!!! I wish they would of told me before I shook their hands, sorry but it is very contagious and extremely severe in AZ at the moment. The interview was pretty quick, they had 5 standard set of questions that only dealt with past experiences. There were absolutely NO technical questions, any questions about my resume, past experiences, or skills. It was very strange to not be asked any of those in an interview!

Interview Questions

• Describe a past experience where someone got credit for the work that you did   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview

I was contacted first by a recruiter in HR. She then set up an interview with manager, I was given a tour of the unit, and allowed to ask any questions I had. I then followed up with a second group interview with some of the current staff, and they would give me scenario like questions to answer as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult patient, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Clinical Coder Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview

Panel interview of intimidating management members. Horrific experience not once but both times I applied here. Disappointing experience, as I believed I would be a wonderful asset to this employer but the management seems less than accommodating to my hire.

Interview Questions

• All pre-determined behavioral based and asked without inflection or intonation.   Answer Question

Patient Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banner Health (Loveland, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

I had received a phone call about a week after applying to 3 different opportunities for an interview in their Loveland, CO location. I lived in IL during that time so they were prepared to interview over the phone and through skype but I was headed that direction for the Thanksgiving holidays so I was able to interview in person. The first interview was with their Family Clinic. I really enjoyed the manager and how they are all about team work and patient focused. However I wasn't going to be in the area until after Christmas of 2017 and the manager really needed someone immediately. She did press on to the HR rep, who was amazing, that she really liked me and wanted to hire me on the spot. It was just unfortunate that I was unable to start immediately. I recently had another interview with a different department and I am still waiting on the managers to come up with a decision.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with other co workers?   1 Answer
    • How well do you take copays?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banner Health (Greeley, CO).

Interview

I was given a phone interview with a recruiter, I was asked why Banner Health and why I chose nursing. Then after this interview she connected me with three different hiring managers from areas that were currently seeking RNs. I was interviewed over the phone by three people. And asked behavioral questions such as, explain a time when you had to change a plan of care in order to establish the original goal?
    I was called back and offered two positions to choose from within 24hrs, it was very nice to have such a rapid response.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond   1 Answer

Medical Coder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banner Health (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Interviewed one on one with manager of department asked about my education, certification through AAPC, my experience, my work ethic, was I dependable, reliable, was I able to work along side co workers, was I willing to be trained to code multi specialties within the department.

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I put in an application for the labor and delivery unit. I was called a week or so after. They went over hours, job description and if that would work for me and then set up a time for an interview. I interviewed with two managers from the unit they had 12 questions to choose from and asked me six. They were all behavioral based and they don't ask much about you personally so I had to describe my qualities and skills through my answers as well. I got a call back within the next 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where someone didn't hold up their load of work and how you had to handle that.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banner Health (Greeley, CO).

Interview

The process began with an online application that included personality / behavioral survey questions. The online application is detailed and lengthy. It does allow for import of a resume which requires further cleanup to correct items not picked up in the resume import. Telephone Interview followed by in person panel interview

Interview Questions

• Think of a time that you were responsible for a project that did not go as planned. Describe the project and what went wrong. What did you learn from that experience   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Interview

I recently applied to a position at Banner Health. Overall, I did not enjoy the application process, so much so that I am writing this message.

At the end of the application, there is a questionnaire. Many of the questions were either unclear or weren't applicable to the job I applyied for. It was not an enjoyable process feeling like I may be screened out simply because:
    1) There wasn't a suitable answer to a given quesiton.
    2) The question was too ambiguous.
    3) I had to guess an answer because the question wasn't applicable to me.

I came out of the application process feeling like I wasted my time answering so many generic questions (there were ~100 questions). If you need to screen out candidates, please don't make me feel like I'm wasting my time in order for you to do so; it doesn't matter what reasons you have for having each of these questions.

In answering the questionnaire, I accidentally marked a question wrongly and was unable to go back to correct it. I would have no problem with a system that doesn't allow for correction if it wasn't such a long questionnaire.

One of the last questions asks me to explain why I am the best person for this job. Please don't ask my why I am the best person for this job; I don't know the other candidates; I don't know the work culture or the specific tasks. If for some reason you still think this is a good idea to ask this question, please don't only give me 100 characters to make my case.

I know working at Banner Health will be a different experience than the application process, but the application process is the first real glimpse of company culture that applicants get. Utilize that time to show off the culture; do not squander that opportunity by making the application feel dehumanized.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best person for this job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Banner Health.

Interview

I witnessed 3 scenarios: 1. Interview with 2 managers, 2. dept manager and dept supervisor, 3. dept supervisor OR dept manager and future coworkers.
    Typical interview, with typical questions