KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are good and they are changing the way healthcare is being delivered to their patients(in 244 reviews)
  • "Being hired at Banner Health saved my life.. people first and the people are great!(in 132 reviews)
  • "I had great coworkers and a manager that made themselves available to us for resources and help with issues when they arose.(in 94 reviews)
  • "Great staff very friendly thank you(in 58 reviews)
  • "They are patient focused and the scheduling is flexible.(in 37 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management tried to transfer and they approved it twice only for it to fall through(in 168 reviews)
  • "pay is low for medical assistants they start office back office medical assistants the same pay rate as medical records with no experience.(in 147 reviews)
  • "An example of management's poor leadership is as follows.(in 42 reviews)
  • "certain upper management give you promises that they know they can not keep.(in 41 reviews)
  • "Micromanagement can be a problem when 3 or 4 different managers have to talk to you about the same issue.(in 34 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Banner Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Banner Health: Best Place to Work

Jan 23, 2022 -  in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Banner really cares about their employees. They make sure that their salaries are competitive. I have been able to maintain a good work life balance.

Cons

Healthcare is a challenging profession anyhow, but COVID has made it even more challenging.

Continue reading

Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for your many years of service at Banner Health. We appreciate your feedback. So glad to hear your great experience!

2. 5.0

Great Experience

May 20, 2022 - BSN Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, amazing patients, great new grad program , good education and training

Cons

Income, management changes, lack of representation.

3. 4.0

401K

May 19, 2022 - Pharmacist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is decent especially for patient care jobs

Cons

Work opportunity to advance could be better

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

May 17, 2022 - Cardiac Monitor Technician in Tucson, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worked at another hospital many years and regret not coming to banner sooner

Cons

None that I can think of

Sourcing Strategist

We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees, so this review made our day! Thank you for being a Banner team member.

5. 4.0

Must be an RN

May 16, 2022 - EMS Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, work out in the field periodically, not stuck in the office.

Cons

Depending on the facility, differences in budgets for outreach and leadership support.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work

May 17, 2022 - Medical Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and work morale

Cons

Hours are limited for certain job fields

7. 5.0

Amazing company

May 12, 2022 - Scheduler
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company, great pay, and great work enviorment!

Cons

No cons to report. Amazing compnay

Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for your service at Banner Health. We appreciate your feedback. So glad to hear your great experience!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

May 12, 2022 - New Grad Registered Nurse (BSN) in Gilbert, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The staff is nice and the atmosphere of working there is great.

Cons

The new grad program is a year long so you're stuck there until you're done with the program.

Sourcing Strategist

We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees, so this review made our day! We are privileged to have you as an employee!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

RN

May 11, 2022 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Gilbert, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the people I work with.

Cons

Banner is experiencing, as most companies are, nursing shortages.

Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for your years of service at Banner Health. We appreciate your feedback. So glad to hear your great experience!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Banner Empolyee

May 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Good Benefit Program -Team Building Opportunities

Cons

With office job have to use personal PTO or sick pay on holidays to make up your time

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,720 Reviews

Banner Health Reviews FAQs

Banner Health has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 2,857 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Banner Health to a friend and 47% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Banner Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Banner Health. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

58% of Banner Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Banner Health 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Banner Health to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Banner Health Job Seekers