Banner Health Reviews
56% would recommend to a friend
(3468 total reviews)
Peter S. Fine
43% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good and not that expensive." (in 272 reviews)
- "Being hired at Banner Health saved my life.. people first and the people are great!" (in 147 reviews)
- "I had great coworkers and a manager that made themselves available to us for resources and help with issues when they arose." (in 137 reviews)
- "Great staff and nurses." (in 79 reviews)
- "They are patient focused and the scheduling is flexible." (in 50 reviews)
- "Poor management tried to transfer and they approved it twice only for it to fall through" (in 217 reviews)
- "pay is low for medical assistants they start office back office medical assistants the same pay rate as medical records with no experience." (in 198 reviews)
- "An example of management's poor leadership is as follows." (in 61 reviews)
- "certain upper management give you promises that they know they can not keep." (in 44 reviews)
- "Micromanagement can be a problem when 3 or 4 different managers have to talk to you about the same issue." (in 41 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Banner Health and is not affected by filters.
Found 3,468 of over 4K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWJan 18, 2023Outpatient Coder IICurrent Employee
Flexibility, work to life balance
Can't think of any cons1Banner Health Response11mo
We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees, so this review made our day! We are privileged to have you as an employee!
- 4.0Nov 15, 2023Registered NurseFormer Employee, more than 1 yearTucson, AZ
I enjoyed Banner as a place to get my start in nursing. Great preceptors. Movement into the ICU after one year in the PCU. Fair compensation and shift differentials for a new graduate nurse. PTO and 401K match. Overall, I would recommend Banner UMC Tucson as a place to work.
I was told by the new graduate HR hiring woman that I had to begin in the PCU because that unit was short staffed even though ICU was where I wanted to begin. Many of my peers with other hiring HR persons were able to start in directly in the ICU. I found out later that the woman who hired me into the PCU no longer worked for the company and I was able to transfer into the CVICU a year after I started.Banner Health Response2w
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your time at Banner Health. I will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team.
- 2.0Dec 1, 2023TherapistCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsTucson, AZ
Colleagues are hard working and there is a sense that they want to do a good job.
Under staffed, relentless push for discharging patients. MDs and CMs regularly ask for help solely to get the patient out, not to actually treat them. Little to no growth in the department, dead end. No training, mentoring, or con ed. Executives cut department leadership from 3 people to 1, overnight.
- 5.0Dec 3, 2023Registered Nurse, BSNCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsTucson, AZ
It is the best hospital that I have worked at and that may be due to my specific management but I like it here
It has flaws like any hospital but nothing too bad
- 1.0Nov 20, 2023POS Charge SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsMesa, AZ
Remote working environment. And insurance is comparable to other companies.
After working 24 years with the company and having stellar reviews. All of management either quit or transferred. Then my new boss gave me more work then anyone could finish in 8 hours. Then systematically bullied me tell I was a nervous wreck. During my last meeting with management they hung up on me. And I was told by my doctor that I needed to quit because it was making my condition worse. I sent out a 2 week notice. I was told to get off my computer right now. This was a day before my 25th anniversary with the company.1
- 1.0Dec 4, 2023Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)Former Employee, less than 1 yearGilbert, AZ
Patients are very nice and appreciative
Abusive management like I have not seen in 35 plus years of work. Preceptors are shockingly mean, abusive, drive 100 plus mph on freeway due to extreme time pressure, never enough work, work off clock scheduling patients, charting and more. Horrible company that needs to educate management on basic issues
- 1.0Nov 30, 2023Transplant Coordinator (RN)Current Employee, more than 3 yearsPhoenix, AZ
low pay with workload far exceeding what is possible to achieve. Constantly asking team to do more with less.
caseload of 400+ patients, with only 2 RNs, other staff with VERY high turn over due to lowest pay in the city and senior management team that simply doesn't listen because they do not care.
- 4.0Nov 26, 2023IT Security ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsPhoenix, AZ
Profit centers are well supported. Health care is high quality. Well respected in the community. Information security is a high priority.
Cost centers are not well supported. Many are struggling with not enough resources.
Banner Health Reviews FAQs
Banner Health has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 3,650 reviews left anonymously by employees. 56% of employees would recommend working at Banner Health to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
56% of Banner Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Banner Health 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.