Banner Health Reviews

Updated May 7, 2021

3.5
Banner Health President and CEO Peter S. Fine
Peter S. Fine
Pros
  • "Friendly atmosphere good benefits Good compensation(in 87 reviews)

• "Great benefits in learning advancement(in 73 reviews)

• Cons
  • "A rather large disconnect from upper management to staff(in 55 reviews)

• "Lab management shows no support for employees and has a hands-off, uninformed approach to patient care(in 51 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Banner Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Love working here

Oct 27, 2020 - Phlebotomist in Fort Collins, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Of course it depends on the department you are working for, but the lab and phlebotomy tech department has been so welcoming, flexible, and friendly. Part time and full-time receive benefits, there’s so many different incentives to perform well other than your own personal drive to be a part of the healthcare community.

Cons

You must be proficient in task management and busy work. Depending on the department you work for you must be able to maneuver through high stress situations as well.

1 person found this review helpful

Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for the feedback on your experience. We strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees, so this review made our day!

2. 5.0

Fantastic Company

May 7, 2021 - Executive Director, Internal Audit Chief Audit Executive in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture - consistently shows they care about team members Innovation - constantly striving to offer integrated healthcare Progressive - settles for nothing less than great

Cons

Remote Worker - struggling with concept like many employers

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

May 4, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Tucson, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started in the Emergency Department as a new graduate and had a wonderful experience working here. The management was extremely supportive and cared about their employees. We were very busy and had all types of patients, but I always felt I had the support and the staff I needed for help. It is a teaching facility and the residents I worked with were all extremely pleasant with the nursing staff. The interdisciplinary dynamic amongst all roles was cooperative and supportive.

Cons

The only con I would have about this job was the pay rate, but I also understand the low pay rate, as it was average for all staff RN positions in the state as well as being a new graduate, I understood I started at the lowest rate.

Sourcing Strategist

We are happy to hear this feedback about your time at Banner Health. Thank you for your review.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Banner Alzheimer’s Institute

May 3, 2021 - Phlebotomy Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Clinical Trials department at Banner Alzheimer’s Institute is a very positive, fun work family. You work independently in the lab mostly doing specimen processing and inventory management. The hours are somewhat flexible and Monday through Friday with no weekends or holidays. There is no daily supervision of phlebotomists. You would just train coworkers interested in learning to draw blood or process specimens. The Clinical trials director will help you achieve your professional goals starting on your first day of work. Management is very open to feedback and asks for it on a regular basis.

Cons

Typical hospital raises and bonuses

Sourcing Strategist

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thank you for being a Banner Health team member. We will be sure to share your review with the appropriate leadership team.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company appreciates employees

Apr 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Casa Grande, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Does frequent evaluations on staff and managers. They keep staff informed in all parts of the business. I feel part of a team.

Cons

We frequently aquire overtime due to providers. I work in family practice, look into 4/10 hour shifts.

Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for your years of service at Banner Health. We appreciate your feedback. So glad to hear your great experience!

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Poor management, Poor Training, Lots of turn over

Feb 26, 2021 - Imaging Service Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

My paychecks still clear the bank

Cons

I have worked for this organization for several years now. I thought as time went on the issues would start to fall away and I would finally hit a groove. Not the case. The turn over of personnel has been horrific. We’ve lost almost half of our experienced engineers in just the past year. When that happens your manager will just dump that guys workload on the people left and expect the same amount of work to be completed. The training has been mediocre at best. As a imaging engineer you would expect to be trained on the systems you work on. Well not at Banner. You are expected to work on everything with little to no training oh and you’re on call and expected to work on the weekends when needed. Banner has now implemented a SOP so that IF they decide to send you to training you will be forced to sign a contract that states you will stay for 2 years or else you will be responsible for paying back the cost of training. Which could possible run 10k-30k or more depending on the modality. Where is the incentive to take on more work???

Sourcing Strategist

It is disappointing to hear this. We take all feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email us at employment@bannerhealth.com to discuss.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Administration needs improvement

May 5, 2021 - Labor and Delivery RN in Glendale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing coworkers, direct patient care, highly rewarding area of nursing, yearly raises, three days a week, support from management (at times).

Cons

Support only comes when patient safety is being compromised (not nursing safety), yearly review process puts more work on the staff than management (aka prove you deserve a raise by filling out a paper), and workload is getting heavier and heavier.

Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for being a Banner Health team member. We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for areas to improve. We will pass this feedback on to our leadership team.

8. 4.0

Rn

May 5, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great start to nursing career

Cons

none to mention at this time

9. 5.0

PCA

May 4, 2021 - Patient Care Assistant (PCA) in Sun City, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

None that I can think of

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love this job, but it needs more staff.

Apr 11, 2021 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working here since August of 2020 and I have loved almost every moment of it. Everyday I get to see or learn something new. The staff is super friendly and the pay is pretty decent.

Cons

The worst part about working here is when they do call outs and understaff our unit. My unit is constantly down a nurse so every other nurse is having to care for more patients.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,058 Reviews