Big Fish Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Big Fish Games

2.8

Motion Graphics and Video Design Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in February 2020.

Interview

Phone Screen - Very standard. Discussed the role, asked questions back and forth talking about experience, how the role would measure success. etc. In the end they did not want to move forward with me for an onsite interview, and I have since reached out asking for advice on what would have helped them consider meeting me in person. No answer as if yet.

Interview Questions

• How much experience did I have leading a team, What did I know about Big Fish. Mostly it was a back and forth conversation about my experience, me asking about the companies history and what the role would be about. Very casual and easy going.   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Big Fish Games.

Interview

2 phone interviews then an onsite. The recruiter is the worst, they never reply to any emails ever. During the entire process whenever I sent an email it would just get ignored, then I'd get a message about moving forward a week or something later. After the onsite, it was just crickets. What a terrible recruiter, who really needs to learn how to do their job.

Business Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in December 2018.

Interview

Interview process started with HR reaching me out for a introductory call. It was 30 min call 10 min for past experience and the other for SQL test. Questions were basic but went into details. HR was very friendly and encouraging during the 30 min call.
    The next step interview was with the hiring manager, she was friendly asked the basic questions from past experience like tell me when ?this call went on for 20 min and she said she liked me and would love to move forward but unfortunately the role was closed.

Interview Questions

• Sql basics- about 12 questions.   1 Answer
    • Tell me when ? from previous exp   1 Answer

Fraud Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in August 2018.

Interview

Standard process, phone screen with recruiter, then phone screen with hiring manager and loop interview with 4 or 5 people from the team and business.

I was hopeful of an offer especially after finding out a recent hire has/had no technical background and zero experience in fraud.

Interview Questions

• How would you take action against in this scenario.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Fish Games.

Interview

A "senior technical recruiter" sent me an email stating that he would like to setup a time for a phone call and requested my availability. I replied. After waiting for a week, I have heard nothing back, so I have dispatched another email wondering what happened. Again I have heard nothing back, but after a few days I have received an automated email stating that the position has been filled.

Ok. I get it. Something came up, something has changed, the hiring manager had a nephew who was interested in the position, etc, etc, whatever. What threw me off is the fact that the recruiter has stated on his LinkedIn profile that he not only have 10 years of imaginary experience in recruitment, but also...

"Expert at navigating through the full recruitment life-cycle with strong attention to detail and commitment to customer service."

Attention to detail!? Commitment to customer service!? Sadly, some people have no clue about what those phrases are and they simply use it to enhance their LinkedIn profile and promote their "greatness".

Son, when I request an appointment from someone for a phone call, I have the decency AND the courtesy (...I'm sure those are words you have never heard of...) to follow up with them if something has changed or came up.

But don't worry, I'm sure karma is on its way...

Interview Questions

• How would you define commitment to customer service?   2 Answers

Customer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in April 2018.

Interview

I did a phone interview with a recruiter. She had asked very simple questions. Scheduled a long face to face with a group of 3 people. Did a quick tour around the facility and everything ended on a positive note with a promise of a call in a few days.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in April 2018.

Interview

It was a series of round robin interviews and 2 computer response prompts. Each section was about 10 minutes with each person, then the everyone would rotate. You got to meet people from the separate parts of the department and they all had different questions. The computer prompts were tests of writing ability and clarity; things like "describe the process of making a sandwich"

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous customer interactions and how I handled them.   2 Answers

Customer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted via email based on the job application submitted through their site. The recruiter emailed me to set up a time when we could talk. We had to postpone our conversation due to her falling ill, but she was very forthcoming about her situation and proactive in communicating the need to reschedule. Meaning I didn't have to wait until the day of the interview to find out it wasn't happening. Much appreciated!

The recruiter was extremely pleasant, did a great job of explaining what they're hiring for, why they need the position, the job duties, and the company. She asked me pretty standard phone screening questions, but it felt more like a conversation and she seemed genuinely interested in talking with me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in Customer Service Management.   1 Answer
    • What do you like about managing people?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a time you had to coach a struggling employee that lead to their success.   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Big Fish Games?   1 Answer
    • Standard eligibility and salary questions.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

First had a 30 minute call with HR who asked me some easy questions, then followed up by the Director of Product Management for another 30 minute conversation to be followed up by an in office interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe what it means to be a Product Manager   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a 30 minute phone call with someone from recruiting. Nothing unusual to report during this phase. I was then scheduled for an on site round of interviews with some of my potential coworkers.

I arrive at reception, and the two people behind the desk ignored me until I spoke to them. Maybe they didn't see me standing in front of them, but it still seemed a bit odd. I was told that unfortunately, the person whom I would be reporting to wasn't in the office that day. But I still ended up interviewing with 4 people individually, for about a 30 minutes each. After that, a second recruiter spoke to me for about 5 minutes to recap. This person told me I should hear something by early next week.

An hour later, the second recruiter sent me an email asking me to take a survey, rating my experience during the application and interview process. They informed me that the link to the survey was only valid for 24 hours. That means they wanted me to take the survey before I've found out if I'm hired. How can I rate the process, when it isn't over yet? Red flag.

When the recruiter's quoted time frame (early next week) had passed, I wrote to them and asked for an update on my status, and never received a response. It's not a problem if they wanted to choose another person. But, to never respond after I was asked to take a survey, and spent that much time interviewing, is extremely unprofessional. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Standard "How would you handle situation X" questions.   1 Answer