Big Fish Games Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 66 of over 66 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Big Fish Games

Application

I interviewed at Big Fish Games

Interview

Met on campus and then had in person interview. The process was simple where you met with 6 hiring managers where each room focused on a different aspect (behavioral, technical, and work).

Interview Questions
  • Write a program to print out the data in all leaf nodes of a tree.
    Answer Question
3 people found this interview helpful

Big Fish Games

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Fish Games in Mar 2021

Interview

The interview progress at Big Fish was great. I was contacted by my recruiter who screened me and gave me next steps in the process. She was transparent and guided me through who I would be speaking to. I spoke to the hiring manager first and then scheduled to speak to 4 people in various departments the role would interact with. Each person I met with was friendly and candid about the role. Everyone was so friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Why Big Fish? What is your experience with game industry events?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in Jan 2021

Interview

Phone call prescreen - easy and enjoyable. Their recruiters are great and very friendly. It was probably the best interview I have had thus far. Second interview with team member went not as well. She was neutral but I felt that she was looking for specific characteristics - almost like she had a set person in her mind. Not that professional, in my opinion. Also - it is concerning that Big Fish doesn't know who their major competitors are....being told there are "a lot" is a no brainer - you have to have brands/companies..... Follow up from another team member saying the following interview was cancelled. I mean I understand you don't want to waste time but at the same time I felt I didn't do poorly enough to warrant an immediate dismissal. Especially considering the interview questions were sparse and required me to do more of the asking. I would suggest Big Fish reconsider how they hire folks on....it seems super disorganized.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself. What type of experience do you have?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in Feb 2020

Interview

Phone Screen - Very standard. Discussed the role, asked questions back and forth talking about experience, how the role would measure success. etc. In the end they did not want to move forward with me for an onsite interview, and I have since reached out asking for advice on what would have helped them consider meeting me in person. No answer as if yet.

Interview Questions
  • How much experience did I have leading a team, What did I know about Big Fish. Mostly it was a back and forth conversation about my experience, me asking about the companies history and what the role would be about. Very casual and easy going.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in Oct 2019

Interview

The interview consisted of three parts; two behavioral sections and one technical proficiencies section. The behavior portions were mostly a mix of typical personality questions, work/school experience questions, and questions related to the type of work that the hiring manager's teams were doing. The technical portion was just a few questions about software engineering and a whiteboard coding problem.

Interview Questions
  • Write pseudocode to print all the nodes of tree in order.

Big Fish Games

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Big Fish Games

Interview

2 phone interviews then an onsite. The recruiter is the worst, they never reply to any emails ever. During the entire process whenever I sent an email it would just get ignored, then I'd get a message about moving forward a week or something later. After the onsite, it was just crickets. What a terrible recruiter, who really needs to learn how to do their job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in Dec 2018

Interview

Interview process started with HR reaching me out for a introductory call. It was 30 min call 10 min for past experience and the other for SQL test. Questions were basic but went into details. HR was very friendly and encouraging during the 30 min call. The next step interview was with the hiring manager, she was friendly asked the basic questions from past experience like tell me when ?this call went on for 20 min and she said she liked me and would love to move forward but unfortunately the role was closed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in Aug 2018

Interview

Standard process, phone screen with recruiter, then phone screen with hiring manager and loop interview with 4 or 5 people from the team and business. I was hopeful of an offer especially after finding out a recent hire has/had no technical background and zero experience in fraud.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Big Fish Games

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Fish Games

Interview

A "senior technical recruiter" sent me an email stating that he would like to setup a time for a phone call and requested my availability. I replied. After waiting for a week, I have heard nothing back, so I have dispatched another email wondering what happened. Again I have heard nothing back, but after a few days I have received an automated email stating that the position has been filled. Ok. I get it. Something came up, something has changed, the hiring manager had a nephew who was interested in the position, etc, etc, whatever. What threw me off is the fact that the recruiter has stated on his LinkedIn profile that he not only have 10 years of imaginary experience in recruitment, but also... "Expert at navigating through the full recruitment life-cycle with strong attention to detail and commitment to customer service." Attention to detail!? Commitment to customer service!? Sadly, some people have no clue about what those phrases are and they simply use it to enhance their LinkedIn profile and promote their "greatness". Son, when I request an appointment from someone for a phone call, I have the decency AND the courtesy (...I'm sure those are words you have never heard of...) to follow up with them if something has changed or came up. But don't worry, I'm sure karma is on its way...

Interview Questions
  • How would you define commitment to customer service?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in Apr 2018

Interview

I did a phone interview with a recruiter. She had asked very simple questions. Scheduled a long face to face with a group of 3 people. Did a quick tour around the facility and everything ended on a positive note with a promise of a call in a few days.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Interviews