Big Fish Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 26, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a 30 minute phone call with someone from recruiting. Nothing unusual to report during this phase. I was then scheduled for an on site round of interviews with some of my potential coworkers.

I arrive at reception, and the two people behind the desk ignored me until I spoke to them. Maybe they didn't see me standing in front of them, but it still seemed a bit odd. I was told that unfortunately, the person whom I would be reporting to wasn't in the office that day. But I still ended up interviewing with 4 people individually, for about a 30 minutes each. After that, a second recruiter spoke to me for about 5 minutes to recap. This person told me I should hear something by early next week.

An hour later, the second recruiter sent me an email asking me to take a survey, rating my experience during the application and interview process. They informed me that the link to the survey was only valid for 24 hours. That means they wanted me to take the survey before I've found out if I'm hired. How can I rate the process, when it isn't over yet? Red flag.

When the recruiter's quoted time frame (early next week) had passed, I wrote to them and asked for an update on my status, and never received a response. It's not a problem if they wanted to choose another person. But, to never respond after I was asked to take a survey, and spent that much time interviewing, is extremely unprofessional. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

A couple of email based responses, scheduled an interview where there were about four other candidates. There were five stations, two with computer writing prompts with fifteen minutes at each station.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you had to make a difficult decision in a work environment.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to diffuse a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Big Fish Games.

Interview

The interview was pleasant, and questions weren't so hard. First, he told you about what you were gonna be doing for the position and asked if you had any questions regarding the information he just gave you. The rest of time was you talking mainly, he would step in to ask one or two questions, but no tricky questions, mainly just for clarification.

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

I got a phone interview, after that I was invited to come to their office. The phone interview lasted around 20 minutes. We discussed some of my previous Android projects and my role in creating them.

Interview Questions

• Have I worked with Android Oreo before.   1 Answer

Creative Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

7 interview back to back with no warning, told to just pop in for a quick chat by recruiter. Interview where 30-45mins long watch no break in-between. Some questions where to big to even answer unless I had experience in the company and role. Would of really of liked feedback on interview questions. Never heard back . Also design challenge or brief to have a chance to showcase my designs, instead of just speak about them.

Interview Questions

• How can you change the website we currently have to be more successful   1 Answer

Android Software SDK Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Big Fish Games.

Interview

First was a phone interview, then was a coding interview. I had a good experience during both of those things, as both people I interviewed with gave me positive feedback and were friendly. The reason I rate this experience as being negative overall is because when they rejected me they gave the reason of me not having enough experience. If they didn't feel I had enough experience then they never should have given me a single phone call much less a phone call and then a code interview. I feel I was used to give those 2 employees practice for interviewing actual candidates. This was possibly even done by big fish to try and get H1B1 visa candidates by saying there are no qualified Americans.

Android Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

first 30min recuiter phone interview,have heard big fish before, tell yourself, project, sponsorship, relocation, when available next interview, ask recruiter questions. nice chat and very easy not prepared well. hope will work in this company someday!first 30min recuiter phone interview,have heard big fish before, tell yourself, project, sponsorship, relocation, when available next interview, ask recruiter questions. nice chat and very easy not prepared well. hope will work in this company someday!

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with Recruiter: simple weeding questions.
    Phone screen with BI Manager: Half soft skill questions, half technical SQL questions via a code sharing site.
    Interview: four or five 45-minute one-on-one interviews. All of them were focused on a different aspect of the job. Interpersonal questions, general analytical ability questions, specific technical/language questions.

Had many opportunities to ask questions, which I took advantage of, and everyone was friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions were based around past experiences with taking initiative, solving a problem where I didn't have the required skill set, or how I keep my skills up to date.   1 Answer
    • SQL questions: different types of joins, aggregate functions, groupings,   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Fish Games (Oakland, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me, and I had a standard phone screening with her. After that, I had a 30 minute phone call with their head of Product, where he asked me general questions about my experience.

The onsite process was fantastic- their recruiter obviously put a lot of time into structuring the interviews. First, I met with head of Product, then two of his other PMs. Each of them had a specific problem they wanted me to talk to them about. They would present me with an issue, and then asked me to walk through my thought process, challenging me and asking questions along the way. They also had me have lunch with several other employees, who talked to me about culture and got to know me personally.

The recruiter made sure I understood what was happening between each meeting, so I always felt like I knew who I was talking to.

It seems like a great company, and I was really disappointed to not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• They showed me a sample dataset, and asked me to describe hat I thought was going on with it.   Answer Question

Media Buyer Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Big Fish Games.

Interview

The progress of the whole interview was decent. I got the email for a phone screen. Scheduled a call. Answered a few questions. And got the feedback in time too.