Biogen Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 332 of over 332 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Biogen

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in Jan 2021

Interview

I received an email from the recruiter 1 month after I applied for the position on Biogen website. I had a brief phone call with the hiring manager to discuss about the relevant experience and skills that I have. Few questions about my future and visa sponsorship in the future. After 3 weeks I had a panel interview with the team members for 30 minutes each via Teams. The questions were mainly based on my previous experience and aptitude. Two days later I received a positive response from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Why do you think if you are a good fit for this job? 2) Any experience with a difficult co-worker? 3) How do you contradict your colleagues when you know they are making a mistake? 4) What is your future goal? 5) How do you feel about switching in between the tasks? 6) What is your understanding about the industry workflow?
    Answer Question
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA)

Interview

The recruiter was nice and personable, and very professional. The panel interview was 4 hours, and Biogen typically interviews based on their 4 core values (the only one I can recall is agility) so the questions I got asked were almost identical to those I was asked when I interviewed for another position earlier this year. The interview itself honestly felt like they ran out of coffee in the office that day. The team was very disengaged. Some of the more junior folks could definitely yse some training on what not to ask during interviews.. The hiring manager said he would get back to me about some answers he did not know about the position (which was strange in and of itself), but never did.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when your company's needs were competing with the customer's needs and how you resolved it
  • Describe a time when you disagreed with your supervisor and how you approached that
1 person found this interview helpful

Biogen

Application

I interviewed at Biogen

Interview

4 phone screens, 1 onsite full day 6 interviews. There was one followup interview on the phone and then the recruiter called me a three days alter with an offer. The interview process was largely behavioral only a few were technical. The "elements of biogen" were the core interview themes - like how to deal with conflict, what are your biggest failures and successes?

Interview Questions
  • Explain how to debug this problem. What would you do in this situation?

Biogen

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen

Interview

Hiring process involved two interviews, both were panel interviews (i.e., 2:1, 3:1). The first was typical behavioural and the second was a case (on the spot). You are given an overview which lasts about 10-15 min, then you have the remaining 45 min to prepare. Then you have to present the case in the following hour. Half of that time is your presentation and the other half is questions about the case presentation / additional questions from the hiring manager. The case itself was pretty broad - an overview of the disease area and market is provided. It is based on real data but is scrubbed quite a bit. Some basic market research data (charts, etc.) are included and you are tasked to review the information and come up with considerations and recommendations. (Nothing atypical for a case presentation)

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? Why transition from your existing role to this one? What additional fact, outside of work, should we know about you?

Biogen

Application

I interviewed at Biogen

Interview

Short 15 minute phone interview about behavioral questions with the recruiter. A few days after, I received a call scheduling the next interview with a panel of hiring managers, which was technical based.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Biogen

Application

I interviewed at Biogen

Interview

I applied six month prior, then two phone interviews: one with HR and one with a manager Once selected, I was invited to a one day onsite interview, with technical and fit interviews

Interview Questions
  • What are your qualities? Why would you choose Biogen? What are your qualities?

Biogen

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen in Apr 2021

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter online, who requested my CV and from there set up a phone call. After that was a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then finally a full day panel interview with the team. The technical and scientific team was so awesome - super talented and knowledgeable, with a real desire to learn about me, my background, and my potential fit within the company. The recruiter, however, was awful. Communicated wrong information, suggested I was a great fit for the role when I felt pretty clearly I was overqualified (I was), had no knowledge of the online history of this position, and then, unprompted by me, jumped the gun via email and suggested I was on the inside track for the role after the interview and promised I’d hear from her by end of week, only to ghost me later. Terribly unprofessional. After getting rejected, couldn’t even bring herself to call me (just sent me a short email with no feedback). Worst experience with a company recruiter I’ve ever had, and so bad that I’d actually think twice about applying to a Biogen position in the future.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to put the needs of the broader company before the needs of your immediate work plans.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen (Durham, NC) in Apr 2021

Interview

I had three separate interviews through Microsoft Teams and it went really well. The interviewers made me feel comfortable. I interviewed with the shift manager and the supervisors. I felt good about the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Biogen

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Biogen in Apr 2021

Interview

A Friendly environment with Straightforward questions and clarifications for the role. Offered alternative role asked for my current salary and my hard skills experience . I was informed to expect an answer whether it wa a rejection or not

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Biogen (Atlanta, GA) in Apr 2021

Interview

They asked me to talk about myself, asked some questions about my resume, and wanted to know what I wanted out of this experience. They answered questions about the role during the interview. I talked to two members of the company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and why you want to work at Biogen. What are your future goals? How did you get to this point?

Biogen

Application

I interviewed at Biogen

Interview

Phone interview, asked to describe my experience up to now and why I felt I was a good fit for the company. Asked what familiarity I had with analytical techniques mentioned in job description and to give a little bit of insight into how these techniques worked.

Interview Questions
  • What analytical techniques are you familiar with? (picks a technique) Tell me how you would explain this technique to a high schooler
Viewing 1 - 10 of 332 Interviews