Biogen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Biogen Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from the HR person a few days later, asking for a phone screen with the manager of the department.

Day after the phone screen, got invited to do an on-site interview. The interview was great, everyone was friendly and welcoming. I interviewed with 8 people, one of which was over video conference.

Sadly I didn't get the position, but when the rejection letter came, they described the qualifications of the people they hired, which I found unprofessional. They should have left it at "We decided to pursue other candidates" and not mention information about the new hires.

Overall it was a good experience, but the way the rejection was handled left a negative impression.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by Biogen to interview for a summer intern position. HR contacted me and we had a pre-interview conversation. Biogen really seemed like they wanted me to do well. HR was very prompt and easy to communicate with, which has been rare for me while applying for intern positions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with SolidWorks?   1 Answer

Senior Associate I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen in March 2017.

Interview

The process was great until the hr person dropped off and went out on leave . This dragged out the whole process for over a month. The replacement hr person was completely disconnected and had no idea of prior discussions. This was the most frustrating experience of my career.

Be careful of biogen very unfair interviewing and discrimination against candidates. All my emails labeled external candidate in bold letters. Why?
    If I was just filler then why waste my vacation day and your time biogen!!

Doubt anyone will be treated fairly

Interview Questions

• All situational questions

How to motivate a team or team member
      Answer Question

Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from HR within a few days to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. About a week and a half after the phone screening, HR invited me in for an onsite interview which lasted about 4 hours. Interviewed by several people in the department in roughly half-hour time slots, which made the whole process less intimidating. Overall, I had a great experience but unfortunately was not selected for the job as they chose someone with more experience.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions: strengths, weaknesses, personal goals   Answer Question

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Biogen (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

The interview process was pretty normal/standard. They take you upstairs on either 3rd or 4th floor and invite you into a room to discuss yourself a little, what you are looking for, and basically explain to them how you can be of assistance to them. They do advise you may have to work until 10pm but usually the work schedules are 11am-8pm EST.

Interview Questions

• Is working until 10pm going to be an issue for you?   1 Answer

Neurology Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

Phone screen. General questions
    Interview questions. Google the
    Star or SOAR interview questions were used in the interview.
    How you would handle certain situations in the job, within the team and with your customers.

Interview Questions

• They asked STAR interview questions   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a difficult situation with a partner, boss or teammate?   Answer Question
    • If I asked your manager to describe you, what would he tell me?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to choose between right and wrong?
      What did you choose? What was the outcome?
      Answer Question

Manager, Medical Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Took about a month, great process throughout. Heard first from a recruiter, then we had an on-site interview with potential manager, medical directors, and colleagues. This interview was in Cambridge and was informative and illuminating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer via phone, then official offer via email. Recruiter walked me through the offer on the phone, very helpful.

Vendor Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone interview and one face to face . Pretty quick response, they paid for my flight to and from the interview. Had lunch with the director, great people and great locations

Interview Questions

• Strengths ? Weaknesses ? Basic standard interview questions.   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

HR called first to discuss the position, compensation package, and working authority. The hiring manager met me in person afterwards. They seemed that they needed someone to fill the position urgently. However, they suddenly became silent and updated me the status until 3 months later when I sent an email to the manager. They organized a one-day on-site interview (totally five candidates for this position). On-site interview included seminar plus meeting with current employees.

Interview Questions

• describe how you manage people if they don't perform well.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

A mix of technical and behavioral questions, focused on personality fit for the group. Senior people were welcoming and professional. Explained expectations for the role pretty well. However, communication with HR and scheduling seemed challenging. HR sent to wrong building address for interview.

Interview Questions

• how to manage conflicts regarding ownership of projects amongst team-members in a team.   Answer Question