Biogen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Biogen Interview Questions

Interviews at Biogen

2.9

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

The first part of the interview process was the phone screen (<30 minutes) with HR, next is 30 minute phone screen with hiring manager, and last is the 4-5 hour interview which includes multiple 1:1 interview plus a 15 presentation and panel Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of an instance where you "failed" or did not succeed and how you would manage it now.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen in June 2020.

Interview

This was a very tedious process. A little slow at times. But well worth it for the opportunity to work with such a wonderful company. Overall, great people, great culture, great place to be long term.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biogen in March 2020.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, the recruiter was very aggressive and then once I accepted my offer she was completely hands off. Lots of interviews, maybe 10+. Questions were not hard at all, very generic about the company elements and how you fit in. Could definitely already see some egos and conflicts between coworkers already based on their interactions with each other. Difficult to get an honest answer, as interview pairs are usually one higher level paired with one entry level.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to have a difficult conversation?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen in March 2020.

Interview

Great people, very punctual and asked good questions. Very conversational and easy to chat with. The hiring manager was very open about expectations of the role as well as gaps and opportunities in developing the team. I was excited about the new developments and we discussed that as well

Interview Questions

• asked me about handling difficult personalities and leadership potential   Answer Question

Director, Portfolio Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

Applied online through Biogen Portal. Contracted interviewer called me. I have had this experience previously a couple times and it went well. The third time was not good. Interviewer rescheduled 5 minutes before phone call, then contacted me that she would be up to 30 minutes late for rescheduled interview. She then got angry when I asked not to be leveled at Associate Director due to my years of experience and job experience. She seems to want to just fill positions to get commission. I also think she blackballed me in Biogen's system! Unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you managed a portfolio in R&D at a biotech company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Atlanta, GA) in February 2020.

Interview

one phone call with two directors; smooth and professional folks. Knowing about the company and their current interests/vision for the future will help you. Be honest and upfront with them and they'll do the same

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen in February 2020.

Interview

First had initial phone screen with HR and then follow up with hiring manager. Good logisitics and follow up to setup the interviews, everyone was on time. Questions were primarily future focused on build up of capabilty not currently within the team or function.

Interview Questions

• Experience in devlopment of procurement function capabilities, strategic sourcing, analytics COE, P2P, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biogen.

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring manager. Had a good conversation and then talked with the director. They are nice people. The whole process took about a week and they replied emails promptly.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

Emailed about a position I applied for a month prior to see if I could come in for in-person 2 days later. No phone screen or anything prior. Candidate care team set it up and I went in for 2- 45min interviews with the hiring manager and a Director level employee. Half time was spent reviewing my experience, strengths/weaknesses, why Biogen, why this position, and some tell me about a time when, the other half was left for me to ask questions. I was told they want to move quick and hire quickly and was never given direction that there would be more interviews or what the process would be. HR was unresponsive and then emailed asking for availability to come back in for more interviews. I gave them 4-5 half days of availability and never heard back for a week other than they were targeting one of the dates. It was the day before and I hadn’t gotten any confirmation despite attempts to follow up. Finally they confirmed with what would have been less than 24h notice and when I got the schedule it was for the wrong date when I wasn’t even available. Once I actually got back in for interviews it was with a group of people that weren’t sure about the position and that I wouldn’t actually be working with. They all said they don’t have any power over who gets hired and mostly couldn’t answer any questions about the position. I followed up with all my interviewers and HR with thank yous. I asked HR about timing and next steps as I was also waiting to hear back about another position multiple times and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background. Why Biogen? Why this role? Why do you think you’d be the best candidate? Strengths / weaknesses.. Tell me about a time when....   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Biogen (Cambridge, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

The initial interview with the recruiter and hiring manager went well. They were really interested in bringing me on and then radio silence. Less than 24 hours before they wanted me to come in for an interview, I received an email from the hiring coordinator that they wanted me onsite for interviews in less than 20 hours. Who does that? Where is the professionalism? I told them that it wasn’t possible and they would need to reschedule for the following week. When I went to interview, the sr director of the group was late and there was no explanation as to why. The next person was remote and no one was informed so that delayed the start. The person after that had the wrong room. So far, not a great start. When it finally came to meeting the hiring manager, she appeared nice and when asked what her ideal candidate was, she said that it would be someone like her contractor who went through her calendar and made PowerPoint decks for her. They had made her an offer but the contractor would rather remain a contractor, which I think speaks volume to the group.