Black & Veatch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 28, 2018

2.6

Construction Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

They make sure to screen for the best, so only the best come through their screenings. They will want experience or a great reference. If the experience is not their then they ask for a high GPA. After that, you must be able to answer questions thoroughly on the fly. In what ever the application is, be sure you are an expert and bring to the table something that interests them. I gauged my audience and changed up what I was previously going to say. Be prepared I was interviewed in front of a panel and was prepared for such.

Interview Questions

• Why shouldn't they hire you   1 Answer

Construction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at a job fair. I explained my intentions for my job search, and he explained to me that my intentions as an Electrical Engineer in the construction industry are valid. After a few minutes, he asked me about an interview, and I accepted. The interview was the following morning. It wasn't too tough an interview -- he asked pretty normal questions for an internship interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe one experience where you had to practice time management.   Answer Question

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

With the Operation manager. I received a call from him. He described the work. ...................

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you fit for this position?   1 Answer

Analyst Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in May 2007.

Interview

Very good experience. interviewed with 3-4 people on a 1 on 1 basis. Open and friendly interviewers. Emphasize experience in utility / energy or water and any engineering background

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much flexibility with negoitating salary

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall the experience was extremely laid back. Throughout the interview process I spoke to several individuals and was asked very basic behavioral questions regarding to communication and team environments. The only fall back to the interview process is how long it is. 30 minutes per person.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a problem in a work environment with a certain individual, if so how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

I was called from state far from BV's HQ. The hiring team made sure i was comfortable from the time got off the flight till I boarded my return flight. The hiring process was straight forward applied online, got a call from a recruiter within 2 weeks. they expressed an interest in me and offered me an interview. everyone there was very warm and welcoming and so where the interviewers.
    I was interviewed by 4 people, half an hour each, mostly behavioral questions. The HQ undergoing some construction work but otherwise it is spacious and clean, has an awesome cafeteria and a really cool gym. I could see myself working there.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, pretty much the same questions any career advisor would recommend to be prepared for like weaknesses, strengths, why this field?, why this company? etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Went to career fair. Applied with req number. Got a call 2 months later. Interviewed with one individual in conference room, then over the phone with two others. Conversations were easy going.

Interview Questions

• Why I should stand out over the others they were considering   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did no negotiating as a potential intern.

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with recruiters at my university's career fair. Next was an hour long on-campus interview. Then I received an email for an in-person interview at their headquarters 3 weeks later (three 30 minute interviews, back-to-back. One interview was with a department head.)

Interview Questions

• Have you faced any conflicts at work?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between 1st world and 3rd world countries?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What other companies are you interviewing with?   1 Answer
    • Have you had experience working with teams?   1 Answer
    • What’s your favorite class?   Answer Question
    • What are you interested in working with ________?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online before talking to the B&V reps at my university career fair in September. They called me later that night for a next day interview. I have not yet heard back from the company, though they said it would take 2-3 weeks to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to solve a problem quickly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, KS) in October 2017.

Interview

I met with them a couple times at an info-session and the STEM fair on our campus. They asked me for an interview the next day. I received an email about a week later saying they were still reviewing all of the candidates with the hiring managers. A couple days after that, there was an email with an invite to the on site interview, which was 5 interviews in a row; each about 30 minutes a piece. Very relaxed and very simple.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were team and communication based.   1 Answer