Black & Veatch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Black & Veatch Interview Questions

Interviews at Black & Veatch

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch in March 2020.

Interview

Had a short initial screening with a recruiter about 15 minutes long, talked about the position and a couple of standard HR behavioral questions. About a week later I got an email to move forward to the onsite interview. The onsite was about 4 hours, I met with several managers and other engineers. There was one technical interview, diving into specifics about the job I applied for. Others for the most part were just reviewing my resume with a few behavioral questions here and there. Met with HR to review benefits at the end. Two weeks later I received an offer.

Eng Tech Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

There’s probably changes office to office, interviewed with multiple people over an hour to get to know me and ask about different aspects gauging my personality, people skills, relevant skills etc.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for any and all questions   1 Answer

SRE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (San Francisco, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Short list of candidates for interview. 15 minutes to prepare. and answer pre-defined list of questions to a small group. 25 minutes later the Q&A sessions starts. Score given.

Interview Questions

• Testing and commissioning of large scale water treatment plants   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

30 minute interview, asked about resume and had situation questions. Met the interviewer at a job fair but he didn't remember anything we had talked about. Overall, it was okay.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you were presented a task that was unethical.   Answer Question

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Memphis, TN) in November 2019.

Interview

There was a panel interview with two of the project manager and lunch with a young engineer and a lead engineer. The employees were very personable and informative about the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

Applied online and met with a recruiter at a university career fair. Within a few weeks, I was contacted for 30 min HR screening interview. A few days later they called me in for a face to face interview. The interview was 3 hours. Met with several teams and individually interviewed for 30 min with each team. Very laid back. Make sure you dress formally.

Interview Questions

• Besides for whats on your resume, tell me something interesting about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Explain something technical to us. Anything. Use the white board if you want.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your previous work experiences   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Houghton, MI) in September 2019.

Interview

I have interviewed with them twice now and both interviews were fairly short. They a lot you a 30 minute slot initially and after about 10 minutes of questions they expect you to ask questions for them in the remaining time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

The interview was through phone with 2 hiring managers. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. They asked basic questions. I got the offer 3 days after the interview. A background check is required.

Interview Questions

• If there is a conflict between you and one of your co-workers, how do you handle?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in July 2019.

Interview

The process started with a hr person reaching out to me on July 2019.

The interview went well with a bunch of behavioral questions. It seemed to me she was not very interested in the interview process but I didn’t let it bog me down.

I sent a follow up email after the interview thanking for the opportunity they gave me. I reached out to them after a few weeks and didn’t hear anything back. I reached out to them multiple times but no response from their end. A single response of yes or no should have sufficed but you chose not to reply. One of the most disrespectful , unprofessional and rude Human Resources department.

Contract & Operations Manager, Atonix Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in May 2019.

Interview

Originally was contacted by a recruiter for two solid days and had two very lengthy phone interviews (over an hour each); had an in person interview and then a Zoom interview with two other members of the team.

It seemed to go well and the feedback seemed to be great. That was two weeks ago and I've heard nothing. Not a single word. Not a single response to any of my follow-ups.

I don't know how they treated other candidates, but after the energy and time I invested into this process, I expected, at the very least, to get a "thanks, but no thanks email."

Honestly, if a company treats people they are recruiting this poorly then I can only imagine how poorly they treat their actual employees.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my specific experience regarding software and SaaS Contracts.   1 Answer