Black & Veatch Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 245 of over 245 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Black & Veatch

Application

I interviewed at Black & Veatch

Interview

A phone interview with a recruiter was followed by a video interview with hiring manager. Company seemed interested in my many extra activities and asked to describe them and why I was a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do I have and how it would be helpful for the position.
    Answer Question

Black & Veatch

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Black & Veatch

Interview

Really easy and relaxed process! Enjoyed the interview and got the opportunity to talk about all of my previous experiences. The whole process was great and there was great communication at all times.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Black & Veatch

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Black & Veatch

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch

Interview

2 phone interviews that seemed to go very well. Then I never heard anything from them ever again. I emailed multiple times and no response. Turns out the HR rep for this position went on maternity leave and no one decided to keep up with the hiring process for this intern position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Portland, OR) in Aug 2021

Interview

I went through two rounds of interview. The first round was with the B&V recruiter. My initial impression was not great considering the B&V recruiter was late to the phone interview by 45 minutes and provided no notification. After the first round interview I was enthusiastically told that the hiring manager was impressed with my credentials and that they would be scheduling an interview with the hiring manager and department manager within a couple days. They were very keen on a quick hire. A week went by with no response but then wanted an interview with not even a day notice. The second round interview was not even with hiring manager or department manger but two individuals in a different engineering role. The interview progressed as if I was interviewing for a completely different job. After the interview I did not hear back for a couple weeks. When I followed up, I was told they were just informed that I was not offered the position with no reason why. I asked for feedback and was given a blanket statement that I did not have enough experience. Please do not waste time with rounds of interviews if, 1) you do not plan on hiring anyone, 2) hire an internal candidate 3) have no real interest in the candidate. Resumes have the details of experience listed. If it did not meet the departments expectation or the initial screening interview, then it is OK to decline moving forward. If you actually go through multiple rounds of interviews, please respect the candidate and provide some constructive feedback if they are not selected.

Interview Questions
  • No interview questions at all except "please provide an overview of your work experience". No technical questions or question of any merit to determine ones technical ability or professional ability
2 people found this interview helpful

Black & Veatch

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch

Interview

Rather lengthy process, went through an HR screening and four teleconference video interviews that all went fairly smooth and then was ghosted even after following up. No word from anyone after the interviews.

Interview Questions
  • The questions are pretty standard and focused around management and what I would do for my 30-60-90 day plans.

Black & Veatch

Application

I interviewed at Black & Veatch

Interview

I had a call with HR in early November. Then later the same month I had another interview but with 6 different people. They call it a super day where you interview with leaderships / current employees.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you were working on a team and your teammate didn't contribute to the full extent that they should have

Black & Veatch

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch in Jul 2021

Interview

4 different interviews with 2 panel interviews over a 4 week period then 0 communication from recruiter or hiring manager. Very Poor candidate experience and makes you wonder how they treat their people

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Black & Veatch

Application

I interviewed at Black & Veatch

Interview

Very systematic & technical approach of interviewer and very friendly environment during interviews. You will not feel any pressure during discussions with interviewer .Overall experience is satisfactory. They will check will technical competency and willingness to work on different sites

Interview Questions
  • All quality related processes will be asked during interview

Black & Veatch

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch

Interview

Pre-screening interview then first interview with no technical questions, just talking about company values and how you would solve problems among people. Final interview with some technical questions but more of a conversation with the management of the office you are applying to.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Falkirk, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Falkirk, Scotland)

Interview

Telephone screening by internal recruiter, followed by 2 in person interviews. The first was with the person who was vacating the post and a senior colleague. The second with the direct line manager and the local director.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 245 Interviews