Black & Veatch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Black & Veatch Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2018

2.6

Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

They called me asking for either a few current minutes or for a later phone interview. We scheduled the first phone interview, which allowed me to get a technical interview.

Management Consultant Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I received an email asking what date and time were best to discuss the position, more about BV, and a little bit more about myself. I mentioned a particular day the following week during the morning and set aside previous involvements to make room for this interview. After 15 minutes of waiting for our scheduled time, I sent an email asking if our call was still on. I received a reply stating that they were too busy and would prefer to reschedule to later that evening at a particular time. When that time came, again, there was no call. I sent another email a half an hour after our second scheduled time to follow up one last time. The lack of punctuality is the most disturbing part coming from a company that is deemed as proclaimed as BV.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Denver, CO).

Interview

Contacted by HR for initial screening. Then gave me a list of locations to choose from, then followed by a techincal interview on phone. Talked to an engineer from the specific location and he asked about my experience and why I wanted to switch and what I wanted to do. Then I got a call for onsite interview. They requested change of my availability to match their specific needs. Then flew me in for a interview.
    HR on the interview panel was not even present during the interview.
    The day after the interview they say they do not have a need for the position in the team and sent a reject.

*If they did not have the need for a location why did they put me through all this effort and then reject for no reason.

Civil/Environmental Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (San Marcos, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a short interview at a college career fair then was asked to come in for an interview at their office. The office interview consisted of meeting employees from varying places in their career and discussing their experience at B&V and what my goals were.

Interview Questions

• No real interview questions. Just discussed goals and talked about their company structure.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch in November 2017.

Interview

Attended info session and follow up on career fair. After a week I received call for an interview. Initially it was informational phone interview then technical phone interview and lastly onsite interview

Interview Questions

• What do you know about company?
      Why you want to work here?
      Mostly behavior questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, KS) in October 2017.

Interview

I met with them a couple times at an info-session and the STEM fair on our campus. They asked me for an interview the next day. I received an email about a week later saying they were still reviewing all of the candidates with the hiring managers. A couple days after that, there was an email with an invite to the on site interview, which was 5 interviews in a row; each about 30 minutes a piece. Very relaxed and very simple.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were team and communication based.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a recruiter and a phone interview was scheduled. She asked me questions about past experiences and projects listed in my resume, promised to get back to me but later received an email that they have moved on with a better candidate

Project Controls Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview and then on site interview in Michigan. Got a call from the HR after two weeks to say that the position was cancelled due to final quarter budget reallocation.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2017.

Interview

Two Step Interview Process. Heard back after a week of my first interview to come back to the second. After the second interview they called me in a week and offered the job with two weeks to decide.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in September 2017.

Interview

RUN! I can accept that statistically we all get turned down for more jobs than we get interviews and offers. I can even appreciate that sometimes things dont go beyond a phone screen. But when the experience is so amateur and unprofessional then you learn it's just not a place you'd ever want to work. So, phone screen #1 the recruiter states he mixed up time zones. Recheduled, phone screen #2 no call no show recruiter again. Excuse: I lost my phone over the weekend. So you're not given a phone at your desk? Rescheduled, phone screen #3 no call no show, no response. I email asking to be handed to another recruiter since he clearly has something happening in his personal life that's causing this behavior. We connect, he apologizes, we talk about multiple HR spots, he states there are internal moves, he'll know the net the following week, we connect again, and he says he'll put my resume in for two of the open spots. Then the tumbleweeds start rolling by. I follow up. He states he'll send me an invitation for a phone screen with the two Ops heads the role would support. Tumbleweeds. Then two weeks later the canned autoresponse, "thanks but no thanks" comes. Just run. There is no integrity to this company or their recruitment procedures. If I was not qualified then I understand. If I am, and I'm vetted by the recruiter and then he takes this very misleading and deceptive course then to be quite honest, thank God I didn't get the job.