BlackBerry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2018

2.9

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

fine all good I do not know why you are asking me all of these questions because all I want to do here is search for jobs and compare your website to indeed and craigs list

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2018.

Interview

1 phone interview with the Data Science team. Spoke about projects and role in projects. Went over the resume. Reasonably easy interview. The interviewer was friendly to speak with and explained the projects they work on well. I was offered the position and then my offer was cancelled due to immigration policies. This is one of those rare occasions that this happens and I did not expect it from a company like BlackBerry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some of the projects that you worked on as a part of your course and what was your role in it.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Arlington, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an outside recruiter very early in November. She set up a phone interview with the internal recruiter. Two weeks later I was set up for a call with the hiring manager, and it continued that over the next two months I interviewed with two members of his team via phone and then the Lead over the Product Marketing group in person (at a Starbucks for 30 minutes) and then a 30-minute cal with the CMO. All of these interviews concluded the week before Christmas at which time the recruiter told me that I was one of two final candidates and an offer would not be made until after the new year. So three weeks go by and radio silence. Not even a touch base call before the holiday. January 3rd I emailed the internal recruiter and asked about status. She said nothing had changed and she had no new information.

I was frustrated and was also interviewing with two other companies, so if they were interested I needed to know. I was also frustrated as it appeared that they were going to make a decision without my ever meeting my would-be boss in Dallas. The other company that I was interviewing with indicated I would receive an offer in the next couple of days. I emailed blackberry, both the internal recruiter and the guy who would be my boss in Dallas and let them know and still. No mention of serious interest or even an upcoming offer so I took the other offer and let them know I was no longer interested. The crazy thing is that I was later told by my recruiter that I was their #1 candidate and they were going to make an offer in a few weeks. Too bad that they didn’t even make me feel like they were interested or I would have tried to stall. Overall I think I made the right decision. I would want to meet my would-be boss. And if their hiring processes are anything like their internal marketing processes, no wonder they are having a hard time building positive momentum and having high turnover.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the nature of your relationship with sales organizations with your past employers   1 Answer

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Ramon, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Group Interview with a group of 14 candidates. interview with 2 current employees. 1 recruiter and 1 Manager. Segment the candidates and have a quick 10-15 interview and then a 3 minute presentation on why you should be hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with our former competitor and hp   1 Answer

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of one phone interview and then an in person interview. The phone interview was pretty basic about past experiences, certifications, educations, etc.
    The in person interview was more of a behavioral interview and few technical questions that were tricky and hard. One question consisted of many parts (5-6 parts).

Interview Questions

• Past Experiences and technical components of a computer and troubleshooting questions   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It is a whole day interview process. You have to be ready and there are a lot of group activities you have to do with 3-4 people. You really have to show your personality in order to stand out. Some people are hired by individual interviews.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Mateo, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of the phone interview and in-person interview in the final round, First round was more technical coding related questions and second round was technical more conceptual questions.

Interview Questions

• REST vs SOAP, Inheritance, overloading, Wcf vs Web Api, OAuth Security,   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2017.

Interview

I had the WORST experience ever!I applied online and someone from BlackBerry contacted me about the position. I got a phone interview with their head of design and everything went well. They contacted me next day letting me know that got the job!The starting day supposed to be two months after our conversation and I send them all of my documents SSN number and everything to initiating the background check. They told me it will take 10 days to do the background screening and then I can start on the last Monday of August. After two weeks not hearing from them I contacted them, by the way, you need to send 3 emails and 4 phone calls to somebody get back to you!!!! The hr told me they forgot to start the process they will fix the problem and get back to me! I gave my company the two weeks notice and now after one month nobody even answer my emails and I'm no longer with my previous company!!!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Blackberry? How do you see the company future?   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (McLean, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Disjointed. I had a scheduled 2pm call. They called my at 2;43pm. I had a scheduled face to face meeting scheduled for Wednesday. They called me 30 minutes before to reschedule for the next day. I was told in late August a had a verbal and they wanted me to start on October 1st. Then, they called me on September 8th saying the particular hiring manager had no req openings. Then, circa September 28th, they wanted me to complete the background check, si I can get in the October 14th training class. Back check completed, passed, now more radio silence. I had to call recruiting to see my status, They told me they are in a holding pattern. What a gong show !

Interview Questions

• Unsurprisingly, what did you W2.   1 Answer

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Long, Long and...LONG! Might be the biggest waste of my time professionally I have ever experienced in an interview process!! The hiring manager seemed cool and very interested. I had over 7 interviews all 1-2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What didn't they ask me...most questions were no relevant to the position. Seemed like they were trying to convince me that BlackBerry is not an old company.   Answer Question