BlackBerry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackBerry Interview Questions

Interviews at BlackBerry

2.9

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

The recruiter I spoke with was very nice and patient, the phone call interview took about 30 minutes, and then followed up with scheduling an on site interview. Standard procedures. Overall a relatively thorough process.

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

The interviewer first talked about the company and what projects they are doing. Then, I need to introduce myself. Later, I was asked questions about my resume (talk about one project in detail), and some basic questions about machine learning

Interview Questions

Interview

Was asked to do a phone interview where they asked about experience and coursework. Soon after the interview, I was offered the job. The interview and application process was quick and easy.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Interview was average difficulty. The interviewer asked me to a few behavioral questions, preceded by few oral questions on Java. The interviewer also asked me to write a few short programs on paper.

Research Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Research intervie wRes earch in tervie w Rese arch inte rvie w Res earch interview Research interview Researc h interview R e searc h inte rv iew Res ear ch interview

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irvine, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

This is actually for Cylance in Irvine. It has been acquired by Blackberry but most of the staff is still Cylance. I was interviewed by one of the Cylance guys. The interviewer was intellectually hostile. He was one of these PHD type guys and it seemed his main goal was to prove that, "You don't know what I know". lol Like peeling an onion, he just kept digging at everything I said with basically, "why?". That is till you got the point where you couldn't explain anymore because it was too detailed and he wouldn't stop till you hit a dead end.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mountain View, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Strange. It was very quiet in the office like no one wanted to work there or was afraid to communicate with coworkers. Nice location. Interviewer was pleasant and business like. Business is not heading in the right direction. Feels political based on what was shared.

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Austin, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

Had a ten minute face-to-face interview with one of the senior managers.

Heard back sometime later and was offered an interview. It lasted about 2 hours and was split between two panels, one focusing on behavioral questions and the other focusing more on technical.

Incredibly enjoyable experience, the people were interesting and it wasn't like talking to a brick wall like other places.

Quick responses and kept in touch throughout the entire process.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

I received an email form a recruiter and was asked to bring my resume to an interview that was being held at a hotel. They had time slots allotted for each of the candidates and everyone waited in a waiting room while they were being called in.

Interview Questions

• Very disorganized and were very technical questions for a role that was described as a PM role.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2019.

Interview

Just an awful experience...it is clear why Blackberry is in such bad shape.

I applied online. HR contacted me to set an interview time...it took almost 2 weeks for to get something scheduled since the HR person was so unresponsive.

Anyway, the phone interview starts and its like talking to a 24 year zombie straight out of college...she obviously didn't want to be there. I answer a couple of questions and try to ask a couple myself...to which I got the reply "We have limited time and I have to get through all of these questions".

Ok, so be it...the questions were just terrible...ambiguous and ones that a new college grad would be asked rather than someone who would be managing a global team of sales people. When I asked her to clarify a question or two she said ..."i don't know, just answer the question".

I couldn't take the big company corporate junk anymore and ended the interview.