Blue Coat Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Coat Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at Blue Coat Systems

2.7

Contract Position Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems.

Interview

Extremely fair in the hiring and interview process.

Inside Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Plano, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Took about a month for them to reach out to me after initially submitting my resume online. First interview was with the recruiter who was extremely nice and helpful. Second was a phone call with one of the inside sales managers. Third round they had me into the Plano office where I met with the manager from the second interview face to face and then with a technical member of the sales team. No crazy questions or behavioral questions, just straight forward asking about experience and explaining the role. Did not get an offer due to lack of security experience in comparison with other candidate (which was fair as I am trying to enter the field from general IT).

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with networking devices, at home or professionally?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Draper, UT).

Interview

I reached there around 45 minutes early. People were good. Found cheerful and happy environment. The interview was taken by senior app manager and one of the people working under her. It was more like a conversation on what they do, what they expect me to do and what is my past experience

Interview Questions

• php, documentation of code, past project and work experience.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in May 2015.

Interview

First was a phone interview: Discussed the opportunity, what they were looking for, what I was doing now and if I was interested.
    Second was a Panel interview: Everyone was very relaxed so it puts intervewee's at ease. There was about 4 people to the panel and it lasted about an hour and a half.
    Third was a one on one: tested my skills with another team member who was not a part of the panel.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was very nice. People are good. From start to finish it was very smooth. HR called few times and had few telephonic interview before the in person interview. After technical interview, there were manager interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate well.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was lengthy and thorough involving all teams: engineering, development, program and product managers, executive managemtn

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer and there was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Draper, UT) in February 2014.

Interview

I had a technical phone interview, an in-person technical interview, and a standard interview with the manager totaling 3 hours. The interviews were very thorough to test skills and personality.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain a technical concept to a non-technical person?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in July 2013.

Interview

Boxborough, MA location, applied last year. Applied as a referral. Hiring manager called and did a phone screen. One on-site interview. Fairly easy interview, one networking technical question. The main thing is that the interviewers wanted to make sure I understood the position and the challenges. After the single round of interviews (~5 people), ended up playing telephone/email tag for ~2 weeks until I found out that they were unable to match the compensation I requested.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail (all layers) how a TCP connection is made.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in March 2016.

Interview

My interview was a horrendous experience. It's supposed to be a technical phone interview for a position in bay area. Interviewer was very defensive, it's not possible to communicate with him at all. He didn't ask any technical question but making very insulting remarks. I will not recommend anyone interviewing with this company, I can't imagine working with someone like that.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and brought in. They asked me some simple questions at first. The questions got harder and harder as time went on. Overall I didn't find the questions too challenging. Stuff about HTML/CSS, Java and Javascript. Nothing was that intense. They ended with some white board questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you center a div on a page   Answer Question
    • Write an algorithm to traverse a binary tree and build a list of all the nodes in order of depth.   1 Answer