Blue Square Concepts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Blue Square Concepts

2.0

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

They have you come in and fill out the application while sitting with several other applicants. Then they call you to the back and ask the traditional interview questions. During that time they ask if you would be available the next day because they might call you later to come in for a second interview.

I was offered a second interview. However I didn't go because I read the Glassdoor reviews about it being a scam and during the interview they were rather vague about what the actual position was.

Interview Questions

• Are you competitive? and will you work to make a sale?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on a Wednesday and I got an email replied on Thursday morning that they want to interview me on Friday. I went there for my first interview on Friday around noon and the interview took less than 10mn. Then, she told me that They will get back to me the same day at 6pm no matter the outcome. Around 5pm, i got a called saying that I have been selected for a second Interview which took place on The following Monday. That day, they introduced me to the team I be working with and I didn't know it was a door to door sales/marketing.
    You can learn a lot with them but know that its like a pyramid scheme, you have to build your team and sell some Comcast bundle in order to get pay. For me its a waste of time and I wasn't feeling myself at the neighborhood we were marketing the product. Then we came back to the office, they gave me a formulas to file and i mentioned on it that I am not interested.

Interview Questions

It's a door to door sales and in order for you to make money, you have to meet some requirements. You can learn many marketing strategies from them. You will be working outside, door to door sales for at least 6 months and after building a team of 4 people, you move to the next step.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts.

Interview

An absolute waste of time. Please tell your candidates that you are applying for door to door sales selling cable. Interviewer was incredibly rude. No matter what you apply for this is what you will end up doing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Scheduled for 4 pm. Got me in at 4:45 pm. Interviewed me for 5 minutes.

ATTENTION

*This company is a total joke*
    *a real scam*

When I got in, more than 10 people (all age range!) were crammed in a lobby, where the managing director Anamika Sharma was playing super loud annoying music.

EXCUSE ME??? I have never had an experience where the interviewer was almost an hour late than the scheduled time. I have never had an interview less than 30 minutes.

Even during the interview (and even though it lasted less than 5 minutes), the interviewer was constantly looking at the clock on the wall - As if he was rushing to meet a certain number of interviews to conduct and could not spend time on each candidate.

***PLEASE STAY AWAY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!***

***I should totally trust the other reviews and decline this firm upfront!***

WHAT A SHAME.

Even at last the interviewer said in an extremely sassy way: "if you don't hear back from us in an hour, then GOODLUCK!"

Wow an hour and hear back?! What company are you?! I do not need you scam company to tell me goodluck!

I don't know where the good reviews are coming from. EXCUSE ME?

Interview Questions

• They didn't even ask me a question except at the beginning "tell me about yourself," which they even not bothered to hear. I was forced to stop in the middle because I was so offended by the interviewer constantly looking at the clock.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

It was such a strange interview. They stuff a ton of people interviewing into one tiny, cramped room. There was loud, off-season pop music, and I could already tell it was going to be a bad fit for me. The questions all seemed geared toward seeing if you could fit potentially on some sort of sales team. When you answered questions with geniunely, they did not seem to be too interested or connected. You just have to answer with whatever they're looking for to assure you could be good in Sales. Since I already knew I would not fit in well, I did not really try to cater my answers to this. If you would like to do Sales with them, then I recommend you gear your answers accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Would you want to be the glue, foundation, or bricks in a brick wall?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Conferable and non confrontational. Direct questions and they appreciated direct answers. I had the impression that my attire helped me as I had on an expensive watch that my father gifted me. Dress to impress works here. A tour of the facility along with unexpected questions. Be ready to start the interview long before you even sit down properly with the interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

----CAUTION!-----

If you think you're getting red flags from this company, listen to your gut. I didn't, and ended up wasting my afternoon on this scam of a company. Hopefully my experience helps to save you some time!

Pre-interview:
    - Vague emails boasting Marketing jobs. I'll get back to the vagueness later.
    - Sloppy/nonsensical emails: typos galore. I was sent multiple emails: first acknowledging my application (fine), then trying to set up a preliminary phone interview (to which my response via email and voicemail were ignored), next saying they could not reach me by phone (I confirmed that the phone number I provided them was correct, and I didn't have any missed calls/voicemails) and then saying "congrats, we'd like you to come in to our office for an interview".
    - I tried calling several times on both lines provided to me via email. I ended up leaving two voicemails: the first attempting to confirm an interview slot, then second hoping to glean more information on what roles were available in order to educate myself prior to the interview. I was skeptical having read some other negative reviews here on Glassdoor and wanted to confirm A) these were salaried positions, B) they are not door-to-door salesmen jobs and C) there are non entry-level roles, as some job posts vaguely suggested. Anyways, all calls and voicemails went ignored.

Interview:
    - Office was fine, although it seemed like something they rented purely for the purpose of interviewing (there was a lobby area for candidates, and only about three offices connected).
    - Waited over 35 minutes alongside multiple other candidates. This was not apologized for, let alone acknowledged.
    - Went in and was given this entire spiel. I was barely asked about my experience - basically the girl went on a long rant about the definition of marketing. Erm, not to be pretentious but if you had a look at my resume (6+ years of varied marketing experience), you wouldn't be giving me this remedial spiel about the definition of marketing.
    - Was told there are ONLY entry level positions - this is how the company works (anyone else smell a pyramid scheme?). If only you had just answered my voicemail/emails - I wouldn't have wasted either of our time showing up.
    - Was given extremely vague answers about pay - I literally had to pry in order to get any information. At first she said there were multiple pay structures, depending on what works best for the candidate: fully salaried, fully commissioned, a mix of both. I continued to ask questions as she tried to change the subject or give me vague answers. Finally after showing her two job postings I had printed out that stated salaries (~45-55k), I got her to admit that there AREN'T any fully salaried jobs (at least not for the entry level jobs - which every job was...). She said that those postings only give an approximation of what you'd be making on commission.
    - Finally, what I feared the most: THIS IS A SALES JOB. I had to straight-up ask them this, because they skirted around this question with vague descriptions of what marketers do. They falsely lure people in under the premise that these are marketing jobs. They are not - they are CANVASSING/door-to-door sales positions. I was given two options: canvass neighborhoods going door-to-door for Verizon, or go to low-income neighborhoods and run a booth on-site for a welfare mobile carrier. They boast quick promotions to manager level, like 4-6 weeks, but I have a feeling that that means basically recruiting other people to do your sales work and scamming others.
    - THE KICKER: I was asked to come in again the next morning (9am-1pm) and work onsite at a booth for their welfare mobile company...unpaid of course. The purpose was to 'vet me', but really they're just running more games on you. Firstly, they're getting free labor. But what really irked me is that throughout the interview, they skirted around several questions (salary/pay, role expectations etc), saying that "we'd discuss that more after [I worked a free day for them]". So they'll try to get a day of work out of you without explaining the pay (or lack there of) or what your day-to-day responsibilities would be. What a scam.

Complete lack of transparency, a scam of a company. I also have a strong inkling that many of the shining reviews on here are fabricated by Blue Square. I'm excited to see how Blue Square responds to this post, as they have to other negative reviews. Playing dumb and blameless. Quick questions for the person that responds: Do you feel good about what you do? Deceiving others for a paycheck? Or are you literally so brainwashed by this company?

Cheers!

Interview Questions

• Would you rather work on on the streets going door-to-door for Verizon or work in low income neighborhoods at a booth representing a welfare mobile company?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts.

Interview

Applied online, heard back the next day wanting to schedule an interview that had to be in the next couple of days. First interview was short, still unclear on the job description and role. Interviewer was nice and personable. The front desk person was very nice and welcoming but there was very loud music playing.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

It was pretty laid back at first but they get more challenging if you get to come back for the next round. Definitely focused on finding someone who fits with the company and has the same kind of values. I started with a sit down interview with a manager and got brought in again for a longer interview that was about an hour or more. That was more intense, but they still were really friendly and wanted to actually get to know me. I got offered a position after that and accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

2 interviews. 1st one in an office that was clearly just thrown together. 2nd one they had me go to the worst part of Philadelphia outside the welfare office in 95 degree weather.... To make it worse they had another person interviewing alongside to start some competition. It was absolutely ridiculous and I do not recommend them in the slightest. It's a pyramid scheme. Although the people working there were really nice.

Pyramid scheme.