Bluewolf Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bluewolf Interview Questions

Interviews at Bluewolf

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bluewolf (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The process was long. I first was contacted by one person, then forwarded to a recruiter, who called me for an intro phone interview. Then, after the interview, is a coding challenge. It was fairly easy, so after that, there is an onsite, which was a mix of behavioral and technical questions. After that, there is a second coding challenge, which was much more challenging but had much more flexibility in implementing a solution . After that, I received an offer. This took around a month to complete. Everyone was pretty down to earth on the onsite, so that drove me to do so much for them.

Interview Questions

• Given an array with 1,000,000 integers between 1 and 1,000,000, one integer is in the array twice. Find the duplicate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bluewolf (New York, NY).

Interview

Met recruiter at job fair event, pushed through interview rounds, code testing, phone & in person. Finally given the no-call treatment, which is typical when your short of qualifications, since companies do not have the resources to explain to every candidate why they don't qualify (which can be emotional, and they are a business, not career counsellors). Ultimately, they had an idea of who they wanted to hire, and according to my recruiter they weren't able to find anyone to fit the job. They were flexible about technical background, provided you are a competent programmer in general, since they use a proprietary backend. If you are proficient in just one language, do not possess critical thinking, or don't understand design patterns - you probably won't be hired.

Interview Questions

• Write a function in the programming language of your choice to solve the following problems. Each function should be an accompanied by a unit test.

1. Given an array of integers between 1 and 1,000,000. One integer is in the array twice. Find the duplicate.

2. Find the first non-repeating character in a string:("DEFD" -> E )

3. A standard deck of 52 cards is represented in an array. Each card is represented as an integer. Write a method to shuffle the cards.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluewolf in August 2017.

Interview

I was given a coding challenge and recruiter emailed me to set up a phone interview. After completing the challenge the recruiter called a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your previous projects   1 Answer

Nov 1, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your review. Insights like yours help us to make the changes necessary to create an amazing interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bluewolf (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

1) Initial HackerRank Challenge with 3 or so toy problems and a bunch of multiple choice. Make sure to complete or at least attempt all questions.
    2) Technical and behavioral phone screen with a developer. Study up on your basic programming knowledge (ie. data structures, algorithms, etc)
    3) Second coding challenge. This is a fairly lengthy one, and you have 1 week to complete it. PLEASE plan your time accordingly. If you have web development experience, or if you completed a bootcamp program, you have no excuse for not doing well on this portion.
    4) On-site. Make sure you have good communication skills as this job does involve contact with clients. If your only real experience is bootcamp (no CS degree nor CS classes taken), MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING!!!

Interview Questions

• Algorithms, Object Oriented Programming, SQL, Software Design Patterns   Answer Question

Nov 13, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a positive interview experience and appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on our recruiting process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bluewolf.

Interview

My experience with Bluewolf HR dept was extremely unpleasant. I was so excited applying to the company with a hope that I can contribute 110% if I got hired. But then, I realized how unprofessional the HR dept was. I am sure Bluewolf is a good company to work for based on reviews I read in glassdoor. Therefore, this review is only for one particular employee in HR dept. I don't want to blame Bluewolf for the action of one person. I got contacted by a talent scout through emails. She then scheduled me for a phone interview. However, she has never called me or emailed me regarding why she let me hanging like that. I had to take sometimes off from my current job to prepare for the interview because I really was looking forward to speak with her. Please re-train your HR employee. Please let the candidate know if you are not able to make it and reschedule or you are interested in someone else. It was a waste of time for anybody involved ! Thanks, CK.

Mar 8, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Associate

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed the hear about your experience. Our Talent Acquisition Team is listening and making the changes necessary to create an amazing interview process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluewolf (Atlanta, GA) in November 2018.

Interview

Interviewed through Hackerrank, spoke with a recruiter from BlueWolf who was very helpful and insightful. The embedded IDE in Hackarrank allowed me to pick whichever language or version I felt most comfortable programming in.

Interview Questions

• True or False, POST is read-only?   1 Answer

Social Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bluewolf (San Francisco, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Drawn out and unprofessional. Interviewed first via phone with a hiring manager; then had a second interview via phone with the creative director; then was asked to prepare an in-depth creative presentation to then present to on video conference call with the creative team; and then another separate phone interview with a senior member of the marketing team. This was over the course of 5 months. The hiring manager was very positive and really did a lot to "keep me on the hook," so to speak. Unprofessional in how optimistic she encouraged me to be.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a presentation with creative strategy campaign suggestions.   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bluewolf (Atlanta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview process was good.
    1st round was online test.
         13 questions get all of them correct. 3 of which are algorithm questions.
    2nd was onsite interview.
           1 algorithm question. 1 system design question. 1 code review question. and some standard OOPS questions along with some behavioral questions.

Client Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bluewolf.

Interview

5 step interview process -I have completed 3 steps.

Considering the recent acquisition, I would expect some growing pains and a miscommunication or two, but this interview process has been unprofessional from the start. All three of my phone calls have been rescheduled at the last minute. Each conversation has been enjoyable and informative, however, the process as a whole leaves a lot to be desired. If I didn't already have contacts within the company vouching for its legitimacy, I would've not pursued this from the first rescheduled meeting.

At the beginning of the year, after several emails to the recruiter, I received an email that I was BCC'ed on (so it was obviously mass emailed to the pool of candidates) asking us to reapply as they had migrated to a new recruiting software. Within a few days, I had logged in and my application was marked as "no longer under consideration". I sent a pointed email to the recruiter asking for the professional courtesy of some feedback and apparently, my application being marked this way was a mistake. I was put back in process and had my third call. After 2 months of waiting and no word, I checked my application status again and have a message that says the role has been filled, yet when I search openings, the same position is listed.

I have reached out to the recruiter and have yet to receive a response. If this is how they handle other candidates, I'm sure they have missed out on a lot of quality applicants for a) the amount of time the process takes b) the poor communication and c) the lack of organization throughout the process.

Interview Questions

Bluewolf Response

Mar 8, 2018 – Talent Sourcing AssociateTalent Acquisition Associate, Social Media & Recruitment Branding

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that each conversation was enjoyable and informative, even with a few set backs. Here at Bluewolf we are committed to creating an interview process... More

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bluewolf (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was more like a conversation than anything else. We didn't focus much on compensation. We focused on my previous experience. I asked most of the questions. I was asked about my experience with Salesforce.