Brocade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

3.1

Support Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Contacted by the HR rep and spoke with him for about 45 minutes. The HR rep setup a meeting with the hiring manager and after interviewing with the manager I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• The interview took place 8 years ago do not remember.   1 Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Pretty standard types of questions. The hiring managers were very specific. But no real grilling. It was professional but informal, and it was closer to an informational interview rather than a full-blown job interview.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brocade (New York, NY).

Interview

This interview went really well yet they seemed a little unprepared for my application and questions. I asked them where they saw the company 5 years from now and they said that since Broadcom is buying Brocade and splitting the company up, they are unsure. There is a lot of uncertainty in this company right now.

Service Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very basic and easy interview process for a 6 month contract to hire. Phone screen by staffing recruiter and then and then onsite interview with Hiring Manager and a colleague.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview involved a phone screen with a recruiter, a phone call with the potential hiring manager, 1 on 1 in person interview with the hiring manager, and two half day interview sessions with multiple people that the role interacted with.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you go about developing product messaging and positioning?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brocade.

Interview

fairly easy,
    but they flipped on the title last minute and were low balling.

didn't honor job description, poor management and org and hiring experience.

Advice: Ethically speaking, honor what you say in the beginning.

University Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brocade (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There was none - no one ever followed-up with me. The only feedback I got was the confirmation email I received when applying, which I did twice, because I thought maybe their ATS wasn't working correctly. I applied once in January, then they closed the role. The role reopened in February, so I applied again, and both times did not receive ANY feedback or rejection.

This wouldn't bother me so much if I wasn't a perfect match for the role, which should at least merit a phone screening by a recruiter.

After a three weeks I sent a message to a recruiter on LinkedIn and she promised she would like the recruiter assigned to the role know, and promised me follow-up, but I never head anything. I also reached out to the recruiter connected to the role on LinkedIn but she never replied.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Browns Summit, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (Browns Summit, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was online via Google Hangouts. The representative was very professional and detailed. and answered all the questions I had. I was very pleased with the representative and after about 20 minutes, I was offered the position and given instructions as to how things would proceed.

Interview Questions

• How long had I been looking for employment? Did I have knowledge of Word and Excel? How soon could I begin employment? How well do I work under pressure? How long did I think it would take for me to be trained?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

stick to the interview schedule, feedback is received quickly, HR provided detailed information on the job requisition, interview schedules were set up efficiently, flexible with the interviewee's schedule, offer was reasonable

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brocade in February 2016.

Interview

Applied to an internship around the February and got called for an interview around March. The interviewer was nice and the company is great, but I did not like how long they took to respond to follow ups. I never got an automated rejection email (I would prefer to know I did not go on with the process rather than being on a wait) and it's already being more than 2 weeks. I understand that sometimes the process may take longer because of logistical issues, however, this has happened to me more than once with this company-- I applied before, but decided to give it another chance. It can really deter potential candidates from applying again from the lack of courtesy and timeliness/organization. I doubt I will apply again because of this.