Brocade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.1

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brocade (New York, NY).

Interview

This interview went really well yet they seemed a little unprepared for my application and questions. I asked them where they saw the company 5 years from now and they said that since Broadcom is buying Brocade and splitting the company up, they are unsure. There is a lot of uncertainty in this company right now.

Service Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very basic and easy interview process for a 6 month contract to hire. Phone screen by staffing recruiter and then and then onsite interview with Hiring Manager and a colleague.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview involved a phone screen with a recruiter, a phone call with the potential hiring manager, 1 on 1 in person interview with the hiring manager, and two half day interview sessions with multiple people that the role interacted with.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you go about developing product messaging and positioning?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brocade.

Interview

fairly easy,
    but they flipped on the title last minute and were low balling.

didn't honor job description, poor management and org and hiring experience.

Advice: Ethically speaking, honor what you say in the beginning.

University Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brocade (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There was none - no one ever followed-up with me. The only feedback I got was the confirmation email I received when applying, which I did twice, because I thought maybe their ATS wasn't working correctly. I applied once in January, then they closed the role. The role reopened in February, so I applied again, and both times did not receive ANY feedback or rejection.

This wouldn't bother me so much if I wasn't a perfect match for the role, which should at least merit a phone screening by a recruiter.

After a three weeks I sent a message to a recruiter on LinkedIn and she promised she would like the recruiter assigned to the role know, and promised me follow-up, but I never head anything. I also reached out to the recruiter connected to the role on LinkedIn but she never replied.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Browns Summit, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (Browns Summit, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was online via Google Hangouts. The representative was very professional and detailed. and answered all the questions I had. I was very pleased with the representative and after about 20 minutes, I was offered the position and given instructions as to how things would proceed.

Interview Questions

• How long had I been looking for employment? Did I have knowledge of Word and Excel? How soon could I begin employment? How well do I work under pressure? How long did I think it would take for me to be trained?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brocade in February 2016.

Interview

Applied to an internship around the February and got called for an interview around March. The interviewer was nice and the company is great, but I did not like how long they took to respond to follow ups. I never got an automated rejection email (I would prefer to know I did not go on with the process rather than being on a wait) and it's already being more than 2 weeks. I understand that sometimes the process may take longer because of logistical issues, however, this has happened to me more than once with this company-- I applied before, but decided to give it another chance. It can really deter potential candidates from applying again from the lack of courtesy and timeliness/organization. I doubt I will apply again because of this.

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

3 rounds with members from multiple teams. First round was with the hiring manager and co-workers and senior director. Few days later was with directors from 3 other teams. 3rd day was with a director and VP.

Interview Questions

• Range of very technical questions to problems that I had to deal with and my approach. I was asked to go into many situations that they run into and how I would deal with them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade.

Interview

Interview process had 4-5 rounds of f2f interview and a prior telephonic screening. There were 3 technical rounds followed by interactions with senior managers and directors to understand more on whether the person can fit into culture or not.

ASIC Engineer (Verification) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIN and was contacted by the manager in about a week's time. Phone interview was for half an hour and was highly technical. Was informed that there were more candidates under consideration and that I would be contacted by the recruiter if they would like to follow up.

To my pleasant surprise, the manager directly e-mailed me instead informing me that they would like to schedule an on-site interview. Recruiter contacted me regarding availability and informed me that I will shortly receive a confirmation of the interview date and a tentative itinerary. However, till the last day prior to the interview I did not receive the confirmation, so I had to frantically contact the recruiter and after a lot of confusion, the interview was confirmed for the following day.

The on-site interview was the usual 5 round affair, including the manager and director. It was all technical; neither were HRs involved and nor were there any behavioral type questions. The team seemed nice and seemed to have a lot of people experienced in System Verilog, UVM, Verilog, Perl and the whole shebang. One of the interviewers (let's say interviewer A) had some challenging questions to pose and, seemed to be very particular about the answers and was not interested in my approach. It felt like the result could go either way as I was quite confident about the other rounds.

After a tense week of waiting, the manager e-mailed me again informing me that they have it narrowed down to another candidate and me and would like me to come in for a "tie-breaker" interview. Was another 2 rounds of technical interviews, which of course included the interviewer A. After 2 more days the recruiter finally contacted me to inform me that the team would like to extend an offer to me. Communication and negotiations with the recruiter were painfully slow and the only part that left a sour taste in the mouth in what was otherwise a pretty good and professional interview process.

Interview Questions

• Q: Code a Verilog snippet for clock with duty cycle != 50%.   Answer Question
    • Q: Basics of system verilog classes, creating parent class object using child class handle, $cast concept. Fork-join processes, how is control handed to code outside the fork in the 3 cases; code a watch-dog timer to time out if an event does not occur by the end of certain transaction.   Answer Question
    • Q: Number of test vectors for a priority encoder with "n" inputs.   Answer Question
    • Q: FSM for detecting a particular sequence.   Answer Question
    • Q: Code for algorithm to sort an array of signed integers (can't use any built in language support for sorting).   Answer Question