CNO Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CNO Financial Group

2.4

Sort:

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview which I did well on and was supposed to move onto an onsite interview. We were planning an onsite interview and coordinating through email but then the contact person told me that they were "going to pass on scheduling an on-site interview" suddenly. Out of nowhere. It was extremely unprofessional. Goes to show the type of company it is. Full of debt and poor management anyways. Don't waste your time here.

Leadership Role Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group in January 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with HR rep and had me come in for a face to face interview. Wasn’t impressed with the ladies that interviewed me. Both were managers and not the director who I’d be reporting to. I don’t feel this is a good use of anyone’s time as you should be interviewed by who you’ll be reporting to. The peer to peer interviews are a waste of time and unfair.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Trick question of what hours do you prefer to work.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on indeed received an email and was offered an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two managers. Once you receive an offer you will begin the process of receiving your license to sell life insurance. Very vigorous training process

Interview Questions

• What sales experience you have   1 Answer

IT Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2010.

Interview

The initial communication with Conseco was good and I had a couple of phone interviews before my first 1:1. The 1:1 interview went well lasted about 4 hours and approximately 3 days later I was asked to come up again for a second round of interviews. After this set of interviews again 3-4 hours long, I never heard anything back from the company, even after repeated emails and calls to find out the status.

Flash forward a month and I get a call from Conseco's recruiter who asks me to take time to come in and interview for another position in the company. I agreed and again took time to go to Conseco for a 1:1 session, again lasting approximately 4 hours. After this set of interviews, yet again I heard nothing back and again I have sent emails and left messages requesting a status.

This lack of a courtesy shows how little they value people and their time.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was normal and there were no difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Overall negative experience !
    30 mins interview back to back with 4 people. One of them came 10 min late. Two of them didnt show full attention to the interviewing process and were looking at their laptop. Dont know why they accepted the interview meeting in the first place. The Talent Acquisition did not respond to emails or voicemails. Overall, tells me how I will be treated if I accept their offer.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

phone interview by HR department, followed by a personality test distributed through email, and then finally a one on one interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • What type of management doesn't work well for you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group.

Interview

The actual interview is real chilling but the competition is thick. Two interviewers per candidate in a conference room full of candidates. I recommend advanced preparation, dressed to impress, and tell the truth.

Summer Interview

Interview

Terrible- applied online in early October- heard back a few weeks later about a phone interview. My phone interview was quick and went well- the hr person/recruiter that spoke with me told me that she seemed very interested, explained how i’m qualified & a strong candidate, and even asked me what days of the week i’d be free for scheduling an in person interview soon. She told me that the timeline is that they planned to do phone interviews the week that we spoke and that they would finish up and make decisions for in person interviews the following week, it’s been 4 weeks and there has been no communication! Terrible! She basically told me to plan for an on site interview and then never contacted me back!

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Carmel, IN) in August 2010.

Interview

Phone interview by HR followed by a situational/behavioral interview by Manager of department. After that meeting with Executive for a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had the opportunity to improve a process? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Pay was too low and the company's culture is very shaky due to recent massive layoffs

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Carmel, IN).

Interview

It was relatively quick, I had only one interview. The handoffs through HR and the hiring manager were disorganized. Hiring Manager complained openly about the process. Human Resources representative was chilly and not welcoming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My situation was unique. I shouldn't comment.