CNO Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.3

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Carmel, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

Contacted by their recruiter and met for an in-person interview a few days later. Pretty straightforward. I met separately with two people in the department. They asked very detailed questions about my experience and were very detailed about the demands of the job and the work environment.

National Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed specifically for "PMAU"...Vetted by a recruiter, phone Interview with future Manager, F2F interview with future Manager. Come back for F2F with Director, receive phone offer. I should have run. Fast. In a phone interview, the Manager described the work as "We are an Agent Manufacturing Machine"... I thought she was being cheeky; she really meant that. I started looking for another job within 6 weeks of hire. I spent all day on the phone "training" people, which consisted of calling them to verify their address. Preparing sales kits and sending them via FedEx, Calling them to check on their progress and go over the answers to any quiz questions missed (which they also received via email). Mostly, I spent all day doing Data Entry / Training Coordination. I'm a Trainer and Instructional Design Professional. I'm not a Training Coordinator. They do have a GREAT Training Coordinator - but she also does a lot of the same tasks as a National Training Consultant. VERY High turnover.

Interview Questions

• Conversational interview. "walk me through your resume". Very untraditional for today's top companies. No Behavioral questions, or discussion with HR prior to Hire.   1 Answer

COE Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through Company's website, got an onsite interview. The interview process was one round, but I talked to several people 1 on 1. The whole interview lasted for about 1.5 hours because I talked to 3 people that day, normally it should be 4.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about CNO Financial? And they asked about the things on my resume.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview which I did well on and was supposed to move onto an onsite interview. We were planning an onsite interview and coordinating through email but then the contact person told me that they were "going to pass on scheduling an on-site interview" suddenly. Out of nowhere. It was extremely unprofessional. Goes to show the type of company it is. Full of debt and poor management anyways. Don't waste your time here.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Overall negative experience !
    30 mins interview back to back with 4 people. One of them came 10 min late. Two of them didnt show full attention to the interviewing process and were looking at their laptop. Dont know why they accepted the interview meeting in the first place. The Talent Acquisition did not respond to emails or voicemails. Overall, tells me how I will be treated if I accept their offer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Carmel, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty quick. Phone round with HR and then hiring manager the following day.In a week one more round in person with 4 more individuals other than hiring manager. The total process from applying to getting an offer was about 15/20 days. I have heard that the process has improved a lot in the recent days.

Manager Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Carmel, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

This HR department really needs to get their act together with their HR processes. I interviewed for a job and never heard back. I called the recruiter I was working with, Jonathan, and left several messages and my call was never returned. Several times since then, I have received a voicemail message from a different recruiter there saying they would like to speak to me about an opportunity. I called the recruiter back and left a message. They never return your call either. If this is an indication of how the organization is run, I would not want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you wished you handled a problem differently.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Initially, an in-house recruiter got in touch with me via LinkedIn. After a brief phone screening/interview, I was invited to an in-person interview session on site where I interviewed with the recruiter again as well as with the two team members I was going to work with. Finally, I was invited to another interview with the VP of marketing. The whole interviewing experience was very fair and cannot necessarily be described as a "grilling" process.

Interview Questions

• I forget the questions in detail (it's been over a year), but I remember that it was more informal and targeted at work experiences.   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CNO Financial Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial phone screening with recruiter. About a week later I had phone interview with the hiring manager, then an person interview with team members. Next a steps would of been an in person interview with hiring manager but never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral based questions, questions about my background and current role.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you implemented a process improvement.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

The hiring process was horrible.... they kept pushing my start date back.
    A month later and they still did not have my access to the system and wanted me to wait longer to start..... NO SIR.... either I start this week or find someone else.

DON'T QUIT Your job till you actually start there.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions.... name a time when you had a difficult task how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation