Canadian Tire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Shipper/Receiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Miami, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

You go in to posh office talk to the boss who is fat , smoking a fat Cuban cigar. smile , answer a few idiotic questions and scenarios. if they like the way your breath smells they may hire you.

Interview Questions

• when you get up in the morning what trouser leg do you put on first right or left? This is not a trick question.   1 Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview process took almost 2 months. The first step was a phone interview with their HR specialist. That person asked me about my previous experience and the scope of my current role. Then I had 3 additional interviews at their head office in Toronto, one with the hiring manager, one with the AVP of Marketing and a final interview with a couple of Brand Managers that worked on the same team. The first one was focused on my qualifications for the role, whereas the other two were more about fit and my career plans.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you led a project from start to finish   Answer Question

Journeyman Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sechelt, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Sechelt, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

interview sounded promising as usual. Received a telephone interview first, shortly afterwards made the interview in person. they noted plenty of work and benefits, eg: bonuses, profit sharing and more career advancements.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were related to work topic, automotive mechanic skill sets.   1 Answer

Stock Boy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lindsay, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Lindsay, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied when I was a high school student, able to work part time. I was asked about my strengths and weaknesses. I was told that as a student I would have to work my way up to an actual department. I started off on carry-out. Pushing carts into the store and helping customers bring things to their vehicle. After six months here, the store Dealer promoted me to Logistics and Fast Find because of my work ethic and performance. I would never leave this department, it has many, many perks.

Network Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2018.

Interview

It was a good experience with Candian Tire. very organized. Recruiter, team manager and team members are very nice! they make you feel comfortable during the interview.
    1. Recruiter telephone screening.
    2. Team manager and team members in-person interview.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

very relaxed and straight forward Asked very direct questions that didn't need a lot of explication to answer explained the job well and how it is a warehouse position you could still be assisting customers up front

Interview Questions

• Asked about what i liked and disliked about previous jobs, what made decide to apply with them. and what i was looking for in a job   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2008.

Interview

I went into the customer service desk with my resume. I was asked to fill out an application which was pretty standard. Afterwards, received a phone 2 to 3 days later. Did an in-person interview at the store and was hired about five days later.

Very basic questions were asked, tell us about yourself, experience and skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, pretty standard minimum wage position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Had 3 interviews - 1) phone interview with HR, 2) interview with direct manager, 3) interview with manager's supervisor. The entire process went smoothly, however their HR is very lacking. There were a couple of aspects where HR really dropped the ball but the part that I found to be disappointing is their inability to follow through. Was told by the supervisor and manager that I would receive a call by the end of the week, regardless of whether I got the position. HR continued their terrible job and of course did not call. Overall, everyone is great except them.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you completed a project with little or no direction - basically they were all a little similar to this, just normal interview questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Application, Phone Interview, In-Person Interview, Background check, Offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Moved quickly and they provided a response within the specified timeframe. From the initial call al the way through to the final call to advise that I was successful took about two weeks. The panel who interviewed me were very friendly and did their best to put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• How have your previous roles prepared you for this role?   Answer Question