CareerBuilder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.7

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

1. 30 min phone call with CareerBuilder recruiter
    2. Sent 2 easy coding questions over email from recruiter
    3. Brought onsite to interview with the team. Coded a question on a whiteboard and had technical chat.

All of the questions are below.

Interview Questions

• Question #1 sent over email:

Given a string, write a function or method that takes in that string, and returns the same string in reverse order.
      · Example: Given the string “Hello”, your program would return “olleH”
      · Do not assume that “Hello” is the only string it will handle
      1 Answer
    • Question #2 sent over email:

Given a string, return the character count for each distinct character in the string.
      · Example: "abacca" -> a: 3, b: 1, c: 2
      · Once again, do not assume that “abacca” is the only string it will handle
    • Whiteboard question onsite:

Write a function to convert any roman numeral string to its equivalent integer. You may assume that we we not send it anything that is not a valid roman numeral string.
      Answer Question
    • Tell me about inheritance, interfaces, and abstract classes (in a back-end language).   Answer Question
    • Tell me about hoisting, closures, scope, and callbacks (in JavaScript)   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was a phone interview, lasted about 20 minutes. A friendly senior researcher interviewed me, asked me about my experience completing various clerical tasks. Explained that the position did not have a lot of growth and that the position was a support role. Even though the position says research coordinator, the needs of the company are mainly administrative and are not as research focused as the name implies.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with four people from the team, and had a 30-minute talk with each of them. They were very nice. They introduced the company, position and benefits to me. Pretty common questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• 1. Strength and weakness.
      2. How do you relax when you are under stress?

Training Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview

Fast interview. Short 30 minute conversation with recruiter and then a 1 hour interview that included a 15 minute training presentation. The interview questions were fairly standard and the interview process was fast. The recruiter reached out to me for a 30 minute conversation and I was brought in within the week to interview with 2 people in person. By the following Monday, I had accepted the offer and began working shortly after.

Interview Questions

• To talk about the impact I made on my previous employer   Answer Question

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA).

Interview

Overly difficult and lengthy interview process. I had to wait over 2 months for my second interview for a position they said they needed filled right away. I will never apply for a Careerbuilder position again. It was a horrible experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What is your change management methodology?
      What is the last professional book you read?
      What did you learn from the book?
      Tell me about a process improvement you made
      What would you have done better and why?
      Where did you store your Knowledge Base and FAQs in past positions?
      What do you think are the downfalls of using SharePoint?
      and a whole bunch of other very off the wall questions.
      I had three people in my interview and they were relentless with the questions. Most of the questions they ask were upper management level questions and were not tailored to the job description of the position I was interviewing for of Client Support Manager. They were very tough critics for a job that doesn't pay six figures.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview

Overall the process is pretty quick. I applied and was hired less than two weeks later.

I first had a phone interview with HR. It went pretty quickly and was focused on examples of my previous sales experience.

After which, I had an in-person interview with the managers and the regional manager. Here, they asked more concrete questions about my experience, goals, etc. They had me sit down and listen in on some calls, and had me practice calling with the managers on the other line.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Today I have been contacted 9 times by careerbuilder for different medical positions at sutter health. I have ZERO healthcare background
    There is no way to stop this spam unless i make my resume private. It is a rather annoying situation. An indication of how messed up this company is

Interview Questions

• If I was interested in the job   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a marketing position at CareerBuilder. After 30 days of not receiving a reply from CB, I was suddenly called by a recruiter for the position. During the phone interview the recruiter was very professional, helpful and forthcoming. She then scheduled a phone interview w/the hiring manager. That call happened the following week. The call w/the hiring manager was equally professional and thoroughly enjoyable as he described what they were looking for, where they were going and why they had selected me to interview. This call was followed up with a in-person interview in CareerBuilder's offices in downtown Chicago. This was a 1:1 with the hiring manager and lasted more than 90 minutes. In the end, I did not make the final selection or receive an offer but I came away impressed with CB's professionalism in the hiring process.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. One phone screen with a recruiter, one phone screen with my future manager and an in-person interview with three managers. I was suppose to create a presentation about two of their products but was never asked about it. They really want to see how you are over the phone since most of your job is talking to people on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Are you competitive? Why sales? What is the best working environment for you? Why CareerBuilder?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty difficult interview. Manager is very polished, extremely sharp and certainly on the fast track to corporate leadership. Manager made interview a friendly environment and asked fair but difficult questions that in my mind I felt prepared for but in reality I was way off base. They have discovered the process that makes their reps successful and simply want to know that you are able to identify that process and implement it into your sales process should you join the team. Overall it was a positive experience. Be ready for deep conversation.