CareerBuilder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CareerBuilder Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview

1 recruiter phone interview, 2 manager phone interviews, presentation, then 3 follow up chats prior to offer. Stretched it out too long but came to find was nervous based on previous bad hires.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you have sold into accounts in the past along with the deal size and duration to close.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview

Its a shame that an organization that is dedicated to the recruitment experience/process and an organization that writes articles about interviews is not even able to follow best practices. I went through a few different phone interviews and came in two different times for in person interviews. When all said and done, I received a simple standard written email stating that I did not get the job. It would be nice if employers would phone any candidate who took time out of their day to come in for an in person interview to give them the news. Its all about the candidate experience even if I did not receive a job offer.

National Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 separate meetings. Phone screen, in person, and mock presentation. Typical sales interview. Being a recruitment company, the process was great. I met with multiple managers before I got the job. Everyone was very nice and respectful.

Interview Questions

• Mainly talked about previous sales experience   1 Answer

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Kansas City, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

They sent me texts about the position and to call them as they were "stoked" to hear more about me. I called in and immediately knew it was a call center because I could hear others in the background.

Interview Questions

• She said she was beginning the interview by reviewing my basic information and said my name and phone number. Then she asked me for my address.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CareerBuilder in May 2017.

Interview

Was reached out by linkedin recruiter and went though phone screen. Proceeded to have a video conference call where I whiteboarded a question through an online code editor. Coding question was pretty straightforward and interviewer provided helpful hints when needed.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There is an initial phone screen, followed up by a first in person interview with 2 hiring managers in which i had to do several mock sales calls, then another in person interview with the regional sales manager on a different date. Each lasted about 45 minutes to an hour.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was my first interview so I was probably more nervous than I should have been. I interviewed at the Norcross campus. We spoke about my experiences then had a whiteboard problem. They seemed like they did not value my college compared to places like GA Tech/ UGA. I did not do as well as I would have liked to on the whiteboard because I am new to the JavaScript language and not comfortable writing in it yet. While I was at the whiteboard the two men were checking their phones and not paying attention. My biggest mistake was looking around the office while listening to them talk about the job. I'm sure they took this as rude, and I did apologize.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes in a Tic-Tac-Toe board and determines a winner.   Answer Question

HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone screen with the recruiter. Then a phone interview with hiring manager followed by 2 in person interviews with the hiring manager and the team you will be working with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience?

Why are you looking for a new job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

One phone interview and an in person interview. Phone interview was easy, asked basic questions regarding OOP. In person was a group interview with 3 other people. There was a white board question.

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

1. 30 min phone call with CareerBuilder recruiter
    2. Sent 2 easy coding questions over email from recruiter
    3. Brought onsite to interview with the team. Coded a question on a whiteboard and had technical chat.

All of the questions are below.

Interview Questions

• Question #1 sent over email:

Given a string, write a function or method that takes in that string, and returns the same string in reverse order.
      · Example: Given the string “Hello”, your program would return “olleH”
      · Do not assume that “Hello” is the only string it will handle   1 Answer
    • Question #2 sent over email:

Given a string, return the character count for each distinct character in the string.
      · Example: "abacca" -> a: 3, b: 1, c: 2
      · Once again, do not assume that “abacca” is the only string it will handle   Answer Question
    • Whiteboard question onsite:

Write a function to convert any roman numeral string to its equivalent integer. You may assume that we we not send it anything that is not a valid roman numeral string.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about inheritance, interfaces, and abstract classes (in a back-end language).   Answer Question
    • Tell me about hoisting, closures, scope, and callbacks (in JavaScript)   Answer Question