CareerBuilder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA).

Interview

I went through an initial screening interview, a very difficult written evaluation with actual CareerBuilder scenarios involved, and then a panel interview with the Product Owners and managers I would be working with and a panel interview with the Agile Project Management team.

The questions required excellent knowledge of Scrum and Kanban methodologies as well as questions about Lean and internal CareerBuilder terminology. I did a lot of research for the interviews.

The interviews were warm, welcoming, and light-hearted--the experience was excellent.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions were pulled from current and real dilemmas faced at CareerBuilder, I used the STAR method to respond since it was both a matter of book knowledge and behavioral response.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Interview

Hiring process is fairly streamlined. Initial screen via a recruiter, then behavioral interviews with a local manager. Meeting other members of the team may be included to establish a cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• You may have to create a sample business case, depending on the particular manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Referred by an employee of the company. Interviewed through phone. Asked about the project I did and resume check. Asked about knowledge in machine learning such as text ming and SQL.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview

Was recommended to the position by a friend who works there, the interview was done via Skype and I was asked a range of questions... all of them pretty standard for the industry. It was a fairly relaxed process and not unpleasant at all.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was whether or not I have allergies. Apparently allergies are no joke in GA.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

A hiring consultant did a phone screening, which was difficult to judge if I did well on. A week later I came in for a formal interview by two different team leads. I had a couple simple whiteboard programming questions (greatest sum, and string reversal) and one more difficult one (multi threading and load splitting) which I didnt know the complete answer to. I was then invited to come back by one of the team leads to interview with the members of the team. They were very nice and asked basic personality questions. I was impressed with how smart they were and their dress attire, which was basically jeans, a tshirt, and flipflops on one. After that interview i was called back and asked when i wanted to start.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways to reduce bottlenecking when running a multi million emailer batch process with 3 subroutines?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

First was interviewed over the phone, general questions. A week later I was called in for a second interview at their office. Consisted of technical questions, data structures and a couple of white board questions. The whole process went great but in the end they decided to take on someone graduating early than I was.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that converts Roman numerical to decimal   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

Technical questions started simple - from greatest sum of two adjacent integers in an array, to posing challenging real world problems that they are trying to solve at CareerBuilder.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them the offers I got from other places I interviewed for, they made a competitive offer fairly quick.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on school career services website. Started with a phone interview and then a coding question which was email to me after the phone interview. On side interview was fairly straight forward, mostly talked about past project and team work experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview

2 phone interviews, In the first they asked about my resume what all projects I did in any previous internship and second one was technical where I was asked questions about databases and given a scenaio

Interview Questions

• what did you do in your project in the previous internship?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview

A phone screen involving an online coding exercise, then an in person interview that was basically just whiteboarding and soft skills. The coding questions are not very hard, the kind of thing that you will find on most interview prep websites.

Interview Questions

• Design a scalable solution to a problem involving removing duplicate messages from a queue.   Answer Question