CareerBuilder Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at CareerBuilder

2.7
HardAverageEasy
Found 188 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL)

Interview

A recruiter from CareerBuilder reached out to me on LinkedIn in a cold email. She said she was hiring for a specific role and was attaching the job description and benefits to the LI message. I responded and let her know the JD was attached, but not the benefits, and asked her to send it. She never sent this, but did respond to my other question. We set up a time to interview and she confirmed the time and my phone number and said she would call me. When the day and time we had agreed on rolled around, I waited eight minutes before sending her a message on LinkedIn asking if this was still a good time for her. She never responded to this message and never called or followed up at all. Really disappointing experience and unprofessional of the recruiter.

Interview Questions
  • n/a; recruiter ghosted me and I never had an interview
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (United States)

Interview

Recruiter reached out for an interview. I provided available times, and then I never heard back. It's been a few weeks so not sure what happened but maybe the holiday week changed their interest?

Interview Questions
CareerBuilder
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (United States)

Interview

was fairly straight forward. didn't ask technical questions and very open to mentoring and ready to have interns from different experiences and colleges. overall, i think the interview process was good

Interview Questions
CareerBuilder
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (New Delhi) in Oct 2020

Interview

It was good. there were 3 technical round.in 1st round it was basic .net related question. 2nd round was manager round and it was process related round like git, CICD, Code reviews and 3rd round was with company CTO related to recent project and other work related questions.

Interview Questions
  • CICD pineline implementation, How to do code review in project, 2-3 basic coding questions etc
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at CareerBuilder (United States)

Interview

Their hiring team reached out to me in regards to a resume submitted via their internal hiring process. I first spoke with a recruiter who asked about my general background, then in a few days came in for a formal interview with two of the sales managers. The managers asked me questions relating my former experience in metric based sales to the metrics at CB.

Interview Questions
CareerBuilder
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at CareerBuilder (United States)

Interview

The interview process was normal for sales. They talk about your prior experience and then behavior based questions. It really depends on the hiring manager you are speaking wtih

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you struggled to get in front of a valuable client and what actions you took
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2020

Interview

One phone interview with the internal recruiter. Lasted about 25 minutes it was all about my background, she did not have much information on the job itself, did not know about territories, team sizes, etc. I emailed for a response after 8 days to which I got an out of office that she was on vacation, I emailed again 2 weeks later to close the loop to where she said "we just wanted to take time to thoroughly review candidates"

Interview Questions
CareerBuilder
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Bangalore) in Nov 2019

Interview

First Round Aptitude , 2nd round technical on java, oops , data structures and multi threading. Technical round was bit easy. Core Java basic question, collections specially hashmap implementation and treemap implementation. different ways of creating threads . Exception handling. Inheritance , Deadlock and Synchronisation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in Oct 2019

Interview

Initially, I received an email directly from a recruiter at CareerBuilder with a description of the account executive position. I replied back and said I would be interested in having a discussion. So, the next day, I had a phone interview with the recruiter who actually didn’t seem to know very much about the job itself, were the sales metrics that they use to measure success. She then scheduled a second interview with another recruiter a couple of days later. That recruiter called me as scheduled, but told me that she didn’t even know that she had an interview scheduled and she seemed distracted. During the course of our very brief and awkward conversation, I kept hearing her baby crying and noises from traffic. She later admitted to being in the car and not having my resume in front of her. Eventually, she told me that she thought I would be a great fit and that she was going to send me over more information about the job and the benefits of working a career builder. She also promised to get back to me by Friday. I was speaking with her on a Wednesday. I sent a thank you note after the interview, but never heard back from her on Friday. I attempted to follow up and heard nothing. Then, on the Wednesday of the following week, I received a generic rejection letter in my email encouraging me to apply for other positions at CareerBuilder. Based on the interview experience that I had, i’m not sure why they thought I would have any interest Fatou in working in such an obviously disorganized, unprofessional, dumpster fire of an organization.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions around meeting sales goals and where I was in terms of my annual quota.
Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Atlanta, GA) in Oct 2019

Interview

The interview process was effective and efficient. Here are the details: - Referred through former CB employee - Received call from CB recruiter within 24 hours - Was scheduled for an in-person interview with the hiring manager within the same week - Was scheduled for an in-person follow-up session to present 90-day business plan the following week - Was scheduled for final call with another member of executive leadership All of the information that I've received, at various touchpoints throughout the process, was accurate and informative. The entire team was extremely welcoming and professional throughout the process, from the receptionists all the way to the top of the house. Great job CareerBuilder!

Interview Questions
  • Sample Questions: - Tell me about your background - How would you facilitate/manage a change in business process
Viewing 1 - 10 of 188