Centene Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Centene Interview Questions

Interviews at Centene

2.7

Interview

It was pretty straightfoward. First there was a phone interview with some very simple high level questions.
    Afterwards, there was an in person interview, that was also very straightforward. Questions were for an entry level position, and were very simple, like what is Objected Oriented Programming, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is Objected Oriented Programming?

What are different types of SQL joins?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Really great interview , they listen to what you have to say and you can talk about different experiences you’ve had to relate it to the position you’re interviewing for .

Human Resources Manager Interview

Interview

The problem with Centene's recruitment process is that you never hear back from them. You never receive correspondence from them via email just to let you know your status. For example, I have applied for numerous positions in the past few years. You never get a to let you know the position was filled or you were not selected. Recently a recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. She had no clue what position she wanted to talk to me about. The interview was not an interview. She just asked me some questions. Pretty poor approach to sourcing candidates. This is not a company that I would consider employment with.

Great Job Interview

Interview

Awesome coworkers, great benefits, relaxed environment and awesome bosses who are very helpful. It’s also a very quiet job being a claims analyst because you’re staring at a computer all day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful situation that occurred repeatedly on your last job and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centene (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2020.

Interview

First round is recorded video interview. you need to record your answer and you actually have time to prepare all the questions. I think it is not difficult. Just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• skills, working environment, what is analytics, etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Centene in July 2020.

Interview

Great! I also like before the interview I was fully made aware of what would be expected of me in this position. I like the fact that I was told at the time I would have overtime and such.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle employees that you may not get along with in the workforce   Answer Question

Claims Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Centene in July 2020.

Interview

I submitted an application online in June 2020. Almost immediately after submitting my application, I received an email asking me to complete a skills/behavioral test. I did not hear back for an interview for a month, though I now understand that some of these delays were due to COVID-19.

My interview took place a week after it was scheduled via Zoom. There were two interviewers, both of whom were incredibly nice and friendly. They really put me at ease because I was very nervous.

We went through a variety of "tell me about a time.." scenarios, so be prepared with STAR-format answers. Prepare yourself for any kind of "tell me about a time..." question. The final question was the dreaded "why should we hire you over anyone else", so be prepared with a solid answer for this as well.

I heard back with an offer two days after my interview. Overall, it was a pleasant but lengthy process, though much of the lengthiness has nothing to do with the company and more to do with the current pandemic environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a great manager you've had in the past. What did you like about their leadership style?   Answer Question
    • This position requires you to work with various programs at once. Do you have any experience doing this? How many programs at once?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you made a mistake at work. What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a performance review. How did you handle the feedback?   Answer Question

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centene (Fort Myers, FL) in July 2020.

Interview

One to one with recruiter then panel interview with supervisors. Everyone was easy to talk to and I got to know them very well. Phone then zoom, I was referred by a friend and was very thankful for the opportunity to work from home and be able to work with disabled kids.

Java Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centene (Houston, TX) in July 2020.

Interview

First a Video interview and then Hr phone screening. 1:1 interview with the hiring Manager.
    The Interview questions were about my previous company and related to my projects. How did you handle a difficult Project. What are your strengths and weaknesses.

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centene (Austin, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

First interview was with the HR Recruiter where the recruiter explained more about the position. Second interview was with three hiring managers for the department, where they asked more behavioral questions and asked for specific examples from my professional career.

Interview Questions

• What is the most creative thing you've done in your professional career?   1 Answer