Centene Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Centene

2.7

1. Featured Interview

IT Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Centene in April 2019.

Interview

I received a text to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview itself was listening and answering a couple simple questions. After a few days, I received another text for a follow-up phone call which consisted of one more question and the job offer.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Centene (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

3 phase. First interview was face to face with VP and the dept manager. Second phase of the interview process I sat down and talked openly with other managers which gave me the opportunity to get an idea of both the day to day activities and how my department works with and collaborates with other departments and where responsibilities may overlap. The Third phase of the interview process was with possible co-workers to see if I was a fit with the current employees and the day ended with another interview with the dept manager and manager of collaborative dept. for any final questions I may have and for the managers to ask about my interest in the position at the end of the process and my opinion on what it would take to do this job successfully

Interview Questions

• What do you believe the duties and responsibilities of this job should include?   Answer Question

Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centene (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Human Resources followed by department interview with the Director and the Supervisor of my department. They asked questions about my experienceand current job and past work history.

Special Investigator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Centene.

Interview

Very polite and professional. Described the company and the position thoroughly. Two part interview process. 1st was a telephone call with HR, 2nd was face to face with a department manager.

SQL Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centene.

Interview

Applied online and interview within about a month. Simple interview, one with HR and one with hiring manager. Behavioral based questions and then easy technical questions. Received offer within two weeks of interview.

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centene (Tampa, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position nov 8 . Received notification nov 14 it was being moved to the next step . Nov 30th I was contacted to schedule a face to face interview . Interviewed that Friday December 2nd . Was told they were doing interviews for the next 2 weeks . December 15 I was notified I would be moving to the next step which was the background check . I received a call December 19 with an offer for employment . Process took a little over a month start to finish .

Clinician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centene (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2018.

Interview

I put in my application and three days later received and email from HR letting me know I had been selected for the interview process. The interview was scheduled for 2 weeks out and I was given the location and name of the person I'd be interviewing with. On the day of I met with my interviewer who took me to a conference room and we had a general discussion about the company, the position, and my background. Following that more conversation style portion of the interview I was then asked 5 or so behavioral interview questions. This part of the interview was a bit more formal where there were notes taken about my answers and what not. Over all the process was very fair, well executed, and I felt a perfect balance of pressure to give good information and at the same time like I was getting to know my interviewer as much as they were getting to know me. Very positive!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time in my past career(s) I felt I was faced with an ethical dilemma and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Clerical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Centene (San Marcos, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Sit with two supervisors and the manager. Ask situational questions, about 30 minutes and will either hire you on the spot or call back. The staff seems laid back and casual and usually discuss amongst each other

Nurse Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centene (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

When I got there she did not have my resume in front of her so it was awkward at first, then after she finally found it then we were able to proceed.

Interview Questions

• Basic, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Centene (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2018.

Interview

Highly disorganized. Multiple rounds on the phone and in person. Several red flags when visiting the campus. I got the sense that they don't trust their employees, most of the interviews were focused on people talking about how other departments are not holding their weight and how a person needs to be savvy and know how not to step on toes if they are going to be successful. More of a negative tone than positive during the process. Just my opinion. Kept on stating that they pay so well but when it came to the point of an offer they wanted to negotiate on the spot and lock in at a much lower comp.

Interview Questions

• How would you disagree with another person or team if you didn't agree to their plan?   Answer Question

Centene Response

Oct 26, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for leaving a review of our interview process. Your feedback regarding the length of the process has been passed along to HR leadership for review.

WFM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Interview

I had an interview scheduled for Workforce Analyst position after first of year. I got extremely sick and asked if I could reschedule the interview. I was very disappointed that they would not reschedule. I did explain that I was contagious and very sick and asked for opportunity to meet one day the following week. I knew I was very qualified for that position and had been in previous position before applying there and won awards for my dedication and experience as a WFM Analyst. I found this company very discouraging and thought maybe they already knew who they wanted for the position. I deserved a chance ans an interview and they dismissed me due to being sick . I would think twice before applying with this company .