Centene Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Centene (Clayton, MO).

Interview

Phone screen, then face to face with VPs. The phone screen consisted of finding out about my background and skills, after the phone screen I was set up with a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and his boss. The interview consisted of behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were working on a project and the specifications stayed the same but the date changed what did you do?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Centene.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough. Interview included session with the hiring manager, peers and potential direct reports. The meetings were more conversational rather than interrogations. This process allowed for a better flow and gave opportunity to gain more knowledge about the job requirements and departmental culture.

Management Role Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Centene.

Interview

Interview process took forever. The communications happened every couple of weeks. It just seems like everything happens after much deliberation at the company. During the process, I met Sr. VP, Directors, Associates and HR. The interviews went well but the team didn't disagree with me when I questioned about how getting things done can be really slow at the company. They have become too big for their own good. The budgets are usually stretched and the decisions are top heavy. This is the feedback I received from one of the senior professionals at the firm too. An offer was made after a long background check & other budgetary approvals but due to my experience during the interview process I decided to take another competing offer.

Medical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centene.

Interview

Before meeting in person, interview process also included over the phone interview with recruiter.Met at a table with a company director/manager. The process was very easy. The manager was aas excited about the company as I was the interview.

Marketing Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Centene (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. HR contacts very professional and timely. Spoke with two MKT representatives via telephone interview with the dialogue very disorganized. One individual was never engaged or asked anything. I felt they never looked at any of my background or resume except during the interview. I prepared by looking at LI profiles and GD interviews for the same position in other locations to determine which areas to cover during the interview. I used the S A R (Situation Action Results) technique to highlight previous successes at past employers using LI peer information and the position job description duties. I have been a hiring manager in similar situation before so I know what they should have been seeking in a candidate. Both were nice individuals but seemed unsure about how to probe for action/results instead of switching to different subjects. Also, it would have been better to take turns asking questions that have one individual dominate the discussion. The questions I asked where not answered very well. I feel bad for the company since I'm sure I could have really helped beginning Day 1 with my local knowledge and professional network but that's life in the corporate world.

Interview Questions

• How many people have you managed?   1 Answer

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Mount, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centene (Rocky Mount, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Most interview questions are based on a 1-5 scale. Very welcoming and respectful company. They give you time to answer interview questions effectively. Managers will tell you the overview on the company and what to expect as an employee and also the job description.

Interview Questions

• How effective are you working on teams?   1 Answer

Management Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Centene.

Interview

Interview went extremely well. Had opportunity to interview with VP, incumbent, direct reports and HR. Process as explained by HR. Final candidate selected, perform background screen and then offer is made. Centene performed a background screen and I passed. I was told the offer was next. Communication came to a halt other than a few excuses about mgmt causing delays. Three months later, I received the form email stating they had gone with another candidate. I have no idea what happened. Was a frustrating experience but I am trying to not let one bad experience cloud my opinion of the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an ethical situation   Answer Question

Concurrent Review Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centene.

Interview

Comminicated with talent acquisition via email. Actual interview very quick and laid back. She only asked four questions, all revolved around policy. Half of the interview was her talking about the position itself.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Centene (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

You get to interview with the hiring supervisor its about 30 minutes to 45 min. Received offer but after background cleared I was told position closed no further explanation. I was just told keep applying to other positions but you see same position posted.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of situations on previous employments   1 Answer

Provider Data Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Centene in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. HR email invitation to interview on site. Site interview with one supervisor and one Business Analyst. Interview got too technical, unprofessional and disrespectful real quick. I couldn't wait to get out of there. They had standard 8 to 10 behavioral questions. They did a great job talking about themselves and department politics/changes. What a culture.

Interview Questions

• I can see that you have been a manager throughout your career. How would you feel having someone else managing you?   Answer Question
    • Coding is done by a different department and not required in this position. Do you know how to code   Answer Question
    • I see that you recently relocated. Briefly explain what brought you to the area and what you have been up to in the the last month and a half   Answer Question