Change Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Change Healthcare (San Francisco, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

World Class organization. I have worked for and interviewed with large health insurance companies, I am used to being treated as just a number.

Change Healthcare treated me with dignity! From the phone to the in person interview pure class!

Interview Questions

• My background is extensive and matched the job description   Answer Question

Oct 25, 2018 – VP Executive Recruitment

So glad to hear you had a positive candidate experience! Now that you have accepted our offer I hope that you continue to have positive experiences with your team and colleagues. One of the reasons... More

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Change Healthcare.

Interview

Worked with a temp agency who placed me on HEDIS project. No previous call center experience. Drug tested, typing test and easy questionnaire. Temp agency did interview me for a few minutes to make sure I would work on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Customer Service experience   1 Answer

Oct 25, 2018 – VP Executive Recruitment

It sounds like it was a fairly seamless process working through an agency to receive your position at Change Healthcare. I hope all is continuing to go well. Congrats!

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glens Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Change Healthcare (Glens Falls, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Was late because I had no idea the parking would be so limited. Was supposed to be interviewed by two people but one had to go to a training session. Interview itself went fine and I was offered the job and accepted it, but the lack of organization was evident.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation. What did you do? How did your actions influence the outcome?   Answer Question

Oct 25, 2018 – VP Executive Recruitment

We appreciate the suggestion that more detailed information regarding parking and logistics should be provided to the candidates coming in for interviews. I will make sure this is passed along to... More

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Change Healthcare in March 2017.

Interview

It was a one on one interview with a supervisor. Went through my resume and asked any questions he had. Because I was applying for a bilingual position, he also went through a role playing situation for a Spanish speaking patient attempting to schedule an appointment.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to someone who was rude and attempting to schedule an appointment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Change Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a hiring manager. This manager seemed bent on talking me out of working there, it worked. I asked a few questions to gauge the quality of the software and the release cycles. There seems to be no build process, very little Q.A. and high complexity, leading to problems that are difficult to solve. I wouldn't recommend working here until they make software a priority, define some build processes, start utilizing continuous integration, and implement much more testing.

Interview Questions

• What kind of software development do you see yourself doing, don't you want to get into mobile development?   1 Answer

Mar 11, 2016 – On behalf of Change Healthcare

I am disappointed to hear you feel you were talked out of an opportunity to be a part of our team. While we are always continuously evaluating and improving our solutions, we do have established... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Change Healthcare (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I was put on a series of calls to different people on the team. Everyone was friendly and they really seemed to care who was joining their team and making sure the culture fit is correct. I think they would be a great team to work with for the right people.

Interview Questions

Change Healthcare Response

Oct 13, 2018 – CEO

I am sorry it didn't work out for you to join our team, but thanks for your post, and best of luck in your career.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Change Healthcare in February 2018.

Interview

I met one of the engineers at the college career fair. I received a call from a recruiter 2 weeks later to set up an initial phone screen. Five minutes before the interview the recruiter emails, I am busy and will call in the afternoon. Then, five minutes before the afternoon call, the recruiter emails - I can't see the position in the system. Will get back to you later. Trying ever since to get a response. Never got one! This was very unprofessional and disappointing.

Oct 25, 2018 – VP Executive Recruitment

Having a daughter in college I can appreciate the stress of interviews and the highs and lows along the way; (as I am updated daily with the phone calls my own daughter). It is important to get... More

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Change Healthcare (Brentwood, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

About an hour or two; mostly a combination of technical and personality fit questions: "What's your favorite language and why?"; "How do you find answers to problems?"; and so on.

Not incredibly formal or high-pressure. Spoke with other developers, manager, and CIO. Transitioned to what I would call a "normal" getting-to-know-you kind of conversation after we were done with the serious questions.

Interview Questions

Change Healthcare Response

Apr 6, 2016 – On behalf of Change Healthcare

We love to hear about candidates who successfully come to us through our employee referral program. I’m glad that your interview experience reflected the “not incredibly formal” culture of our... More

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Change Healthcare (Nashville, TN) in September 2011.

Interview

There will be different levels of interview; the first one will be just for the name sake. The HR recruiter will be talking to you to know about your expectations. Do your market research and let them know your expectations. The second round will be a technical; for most of the departments, the interview will be very cool. Just keep true to whatever you have mentioned in your resume. Most of the questions will be routine textbook questions. However there are couple of teams which will be trying to grill you due to some reasons. If you apply for those teams, 'all the best'. Once you clear the tech interview, you are almost 99% IN.....

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Oct 25, 2018 – VP Executive Recruitment

Thank you for your comments about the technical interview process. I am always encouraged when employee referrals are hired. The time frame and technical screens may very, but hopefully you are... More

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Change Healthcare (Nashville, TN) in April 2008.

Interview

sent my resume online..got a call few hours later from the corporate recruiter. the following week, the compny flew me to Nashville. Interviewed with three IT executives...Great interviews, gret location.
    Got the offer 2 days after the interview, very quick process, very proactive corporate recruiter.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question...it was more like a conversation   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Change Healthcare (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

After an initial screening by the company's recruiter to verify my skills and experience for the position, I was scheduled to speak with the [decision maker] via phone. When the [decision maker] called he seemed unprepared and distracted. It was obvious that he hadn't taken the time to view my resume and didn't know who I was or what relevant questions to ask. His opening question was "So tell me about yourself", so I proceeded to outline my past experience and skill set. He interrupted me twice with "Hold on" while he left the phone to deal with something. When he returned he asked me to repeat what I had been saying. His responses to my answers to his questions were utterances like "mmm" as if he wasn't paying any attention, didn't care, or just wanted to get back to whatever issue he was dealing with. After only 6 minutes the call ended with him saying "Ok, got it." In my 20 years as a professional being on both sides of the interview table, this was probably the rudest and more dismissive person I've ever encountered. He clearly doesn't understand or appreciate the time and effort required to get to a stage in the process to be on the phone with him. If it was a bad time for him he should have requested the interview be rescheduled. But to not make any effort to conduct a proper interview that is respectful of the candidate is not only a waste of everyone's time, but it speaks poorly to him and his company's reputation.

Interview Questions

Change Healthcare Response

Dec 2, 2016 – On behalf of Change Healthcare

We want the interview process to be thorough and in-depth in order to gain as much information about the candidate as possible and provide him/her with a good understanding of Change Healthcare. We... More