Chatham Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2017

3.5

Financial Hedging Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA).

Interview

I applied through my graduate school after Chatham did an on-campus information session. First round Skype interview with someone in HR, second round Skype interview with a Consultant there, final round was in-person in Kennett Square. The process moved very quickly, I received notice of next round and offer within one week of each interview. For the final round they flew me down to their HQ in Kennett Square, PA for a full-day consisting of a tour of the office and several quantitative tests followed by 5 two-on-one interviews throughout the day, with lunch provided in the middle. Everyone I spoke with was candid and seemed to genuinely enjoy working at Chatham. The questions were challenging and varied significantly from the generic questions you typically hear, plus they typically asked interesting follow-up questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst day or moment in your career? What was the best?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial in November 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was very straightforward, and a fairly quick process. I did a Skype interview first where the recruiter asked me questions about my background and why I was interested in Chatham. The second interview was a half a day group atmosphere that consisted of a group lunch, 2 types of tests, and 4 rounds of 2 on 1 interviews. One of the 2 on 1 interviews consisted of brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• If you could change any answer you gave today, what would you change and why?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chatham Financial.

Interview

Came to school. Asked about resume and wanted me to go through it with them. Also we discussed the company and what would be required of interns. From what I gathered it was very analytical. All in all it was a good experience.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA).

Interview

Attended their excel boot camp in the winter, first round was a Skype interview with someone from the real estate risk management division. Consisted of behavioral questions as well as some technical questions about making leveraged real estate investments. Got invited to their super-day in the spring. Had to take a GMAT based exam as well as a short quiz testing ability to recognize patterns in data, followed by 4 30-minute interviews with people from different divisions throughout the company. A lot of behavioral questions and questions relating to my resume. Last round of interview was mathematical brain-teasers, had to show work on a white board.

Interview Questions

• If you have a 10x10x10 cube (think rubics cube) how many individual cubes are visible from the surface?   Answer Question

Summer Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Northampton, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was over Skype, and I applied through my school. There were two people interviewing me, one person from HR, and the other was an alumna from my school. There were mostly questions pertaining to my resume and why I made certain decisions (why I chose this particular institution to attend), but they tested a bit on mental math as well.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chatham Financial in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through online and HR scheduled a technical phone interview with one Senior Software Engineer and a Data Analyst. They were impressed with the technologies that I have worked on during my academics. They asked me show few demos of the projects that I have developed. And I was rejected as I didn't had all the required technical skills they asked for. During the interview one of the person said that the team is made up of Phd peoples from top universities.

Interview Questions

• Questions in Unit Testing.
      Few Demos
      1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA).

Interview

The process is long, but I think this is good. Phone screen was basic, just talked about background and the company. First in person interview had a brain teaser and some basic SQL questions, along with talking more about my background. The third round consisted of a few different pairs of people interviewing me, asking various brain teasers, talking about my experience, and what my goals were at the company.

Interview Questions

• You have to figure out the 3 fastest horses out of 25. You are only allowed to race 5 horses at a time and the results only contain their relative placings. What is the minimum amount of races you can run to figure this out?   1 Answer

Externship Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

The application required a cover letter and resume to be sent to the Chatham Financial headquarters. I had my resume reviewed with the Career Development Center on campus, and I was sure to let Chatham Financial know how excited I was to receive an opportunity to gain exposure into the financial advisory field. The process involved no verbal interview, as it only required the submission of a cover letter and resume. However, it is highly important that applicants to a Chatham Financial externship show a high level of interest in either of the financial advisory or technology solutions fields.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to learn form this externship experience?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chatham Financial.

Interview

On campus interview. The interviewer asked me a few questions about my resume, what I knew about the company and why I was interested in finance. There were some behavioral questions and questions about my five year plan.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Position was initially brought to my attention via a recruiter. Once I expressed interest, my resume was forwarded to the company. I then spoke via phone for approximately 30 mins with a technical manager to discuss my background and experience as it relates to the position they were looking to fill. I then was offered an on-site interview with technical staff members .

Interview Questions

• Asked to discuss my background, projects and technologies involved with, and reasons for interviewing.

Asked how I would troubleshoot a performance problem relating to their website that they had experienced.
      Answer Question