Chatham Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

3.4

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

A combination of brain teasers, logic puzzles, math tests, and extensive behavior questions. Everyone was very friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed which definitely put the interview nerves at ease.

Interview Questions

• In a 10' by 10' cube composed of 1' by 1' cubes how many cubes can you see exactly 2 sides of?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chatham Financial in October 2017.

Interview

Combination of behavioral questions and brain teasers. The behavioral questions were relatively standard, and the interviewer was nice and helpful. They just want to see how you think and are not cutthroat.

Interview Questions

• If a dictator set the rule that every family had to have kids until they had exactly one daughter and one son, what would the expected # of children be per family?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial Skype call with questions about my past experiences and motivations. Then I was invited onsite, which was a paid flight across the country, rental car + hotel. The onsite interview consisted of quite a few rounds (I think 4) of technical, brain teaser, and cross functional interviews.

Since I answered all other questions quite well, I expect the reason I did not get an offer was because of my performance on the brain teaser I was given. That being said, I haven't found myself performing brain teasers very often while developing software, so I'm not sure why they ask them. I performed quite well on all the coding interviews, which I imagine would be a better indicator of programming skills.

Interview Questions

• Develop an algorithm to count islands in a grid. The question can be found on leetcode: https://leetcode.com/problems/number-of-islands/description/   1 Answer
    • You've got 4 jars of pills with 3 jars contained 1 gram pills and 1 jar containing 1.1 gram pills. You have a scale that can weigh them only once. How do you figure out which jar has the 1.1 gram pills.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennet Sq, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennet Sq, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR and 2 execs. The call lasted about 30 mins. They spoke to me about the position and asked why I was interested in working with them. They wanted to know what my average day at my current employer was like and why I wanted to leave them. Basic stuff but I have to admit as bad as I wanted the job there was no synergy at all. Maybe I was just off that day as I normally interview really well.

Interview Questions

• What is my biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Phila, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

First the Coding Challenge, Skype Interview which they ask you to code and then they fly Onsite Interview (you will meet 12-15) people at least 2 on 1 interviews. And they take one week to give their decision.

Interview Questions

• Onsite Interview Consists of 6 Rounds Including lunch interview, Walk through resume and Few Technical Questions and Programs like Tree Traversal, Merging Sorted Linked List and Brain Teasers, first they will give an application to modify according to best coding practices.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Interview consisted of a Skype session with a few pseudocode programming problems then later an in person programming session and meetings with multiple groups. Groups asked about resume and then each had a brain teaser.

Interview Questions

• Take a sample of a poorly coded application and make it into something better. Very open ended.   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennet Sq, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennet Sq, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR two weeks later to schedule time for a screening call. Several days after the call I was contacted to schedule a two hour interview at their office in Kennet Square. I found the timed "visual games" and additional questions to be challenging, although I was familiar with the majority of them after reading an article from inc.com outlining Google's Toughest Interview Questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Chatham?
      How would you describe what Chatham does to someone who does not know anything about finance?   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I took a personality quiz and a couple of math problems when I applied online. Afterwards, I was given a HackerRank challenge, which consisted of 4 questions reviewing my Java, HTML, and SQL skills. I then proceeded to a Skype interview with 2 software engineers, who asked me to reverse a string. I did it in Python, but they asked me to do it in Java. They noted some things they didn't like when I coded in Java, but overall they seemed quite happy. That was why I was surprised when I was notified I did not get an offer. They never explained why.

Financial Hedging Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA).

Interview

I applied through my graduate school after Chatham did an on-campus information session. First round Skype interview with someone in HR, second round Skype interview with a Consultant there, final round was in-person in Kennett Square. The process moved very quickly, I received notice of next round and offer within one week of each interview. For the final round they flew me down to their HQ in Kennett Square, PA for a full-day consisting of a tour of the office and several quantitative tests followed by 5 two-on-one interviews throughout the day, with lunch provided in the middle. Everyone I spoke with was candid and seemed to genuinely enjoy working at Chatham. The questions were challenging and varied significantly from the generic questions you typically hear, plus they typically asked interesting follow-up questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst day or moment in your career? What was the best?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty tough interview process. I had four interviews, one skype and three via phone. The skype one was more a "get to know you" type deal. The phone interviews, on the other hand, were harder. A few personality questions and then one or two harder math questions. The problem was that at times I didn't understand exactly what they were looking for in the answer. And that's what got me in the end...

Interview Questions

• If a ruler decides that a family can only have a boy and a girl, what is the expected value of having two boys?   1 Answer