Chatham Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chatham Financial Interview Questions

Interviews at Chatham Financial

3.1

Contract Negotiator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chatham Financial.

Interview

They required a phone screen interview first, which was.about half an hour. The following day I was invited to interview on campus for two hours. At the on campus interview I was given a 45 minute math test and interviewed by two employees.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennet Sq, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennet Sq, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR two weeks later to schedule time for a screening call. Several days after the call I was contacted to schedule a two hour interview at their office in Kennet Square. I found the timed "visual games" and additional questions to be challenging, although I was familiar with the majority of them after reading an article from inc.com outlining Google's Toughest Interview Questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Chatham?
      How would you describe what Chatham does to someone who does not know anything about finance?   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chatham Financial.

Interview

I applied online and got a link to do the codility test. It was a pretty easy test. I think I managed to solve all the questions but got a reject from them.

Interview Questions

• The codility test included:
      2 Java array problems.
      1 Javascript question.
      1 SQL question.
      1 behavioural question.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial in March 2018.

Interview

Start with HackerRank Code Assesment:
    "Anagram" and some Multiple choice questions.
    After that skype Interview with two persons. Ask technical stuff.
    Please look through your resume and think how it will be helful to them.

Interview Questions

• "Anagram" and some Multiple choice questions.
      Reverse the string   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA) in March 2019.

Interview

easy hackerrank questions then video interview, interviewers were nice, your usual soft skill questions then live coding algorithm question, brutalforce solution is easy but optimal solution is tricky and I didn't solve it in the given time

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennet Sq, PA

Application

Interview

I took a personality quiz and a couple of math problems when I applied online. Afterwards, I was given a HackerRank challenge, which consisted of 4 questions reviewing my Java, HTML, and SQL skills. I then proceeded to a Skype interview with 2 software engineers, who asked me to reverse a string. I did it in Python, but they asked me to do it in Java. They noted some things they didn't like when I coded in Java, but overall they seemed quite happy. That was why I was surprised when I was notified I did not get an offer. They never explained why.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Phila, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

First the Coding Challenge, Skype Interview which they ask you to code and then they fly Onsite Interview (you will meet 12-15) people at least 2 on 1 interviews. And they take one week to give their decision.

Interview Questions

• Onsite Interview Consists of 6 Rounds Including lunch interview, Walk through resume and Few Technical Questions and Programs like Tree Traversal, Merging Sorted Linked List and Brain Teasers, first they will give an application to modify according to best coding practices.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Interview consisted of a Skype session with a few pseudocode programming problems then later an in person programming session and meetings with multiple groups. Groups asked about resume and then each had a brain teaser.

Interview Questions

• Take a sample of a poorly coded application and make it into something better. Very open ended.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chatham Financial in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through online and HR scheduled a technical phone interview with one Senior Software Engineer and a Data Analyst. They were impressed with the technologies that I have worked on during my academics. They asked me show few demos of the projects that I have developed. And I was rejected as I didn't had all the required technical skills they asked for. During the interview one of the person said that the team is made up of Phd peoples from top universities.

Interview Questions

• Questions in Unit Testing.
      Few Demos   1 Answer

Software Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennett Square, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chatham Financial (Kennett Square, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

A 15-minute phone call, 1-hour skype interview, 4 hours on-campus interview. The process took in total about a month. They are really picky about who they hire, base things more on your personality than skills but then neglect to ask anything about your personality or outside of work hobbies and goals. So be sure to speak out about personal hobbies that align with the company. Interview process was between average and difficult.

I have no doubt that I could have performed or even outperformed in this position, though am humble enough to know that I do not know everything. I was extremely nervous during the interview because of how much I knew I wanted the position and to work with for their company. So things may not have come across as well as I liked. Though regardless, everyone was amazingly nice and super friendly.

The company is growing rapidly, would be a great place to build a career or even stay at for your entire career. Also, the campus and work environment is absolutely beautiful.

Tips:

1. Be yourself, and don't be nervous.
    2. Research the company as much as I did, then when you think your done research some more.
    3. Don't get your hopes up. You are extremely lucky to get hired at this company. But from what I can tell only 5% or 10% of their candidates get an offer.
    4. Be prepared for minor brain teasers, but be sure to write out your steps on the whiteboard instead of just solving it out loud.
    5. Be humble, I was, but make sure to amp that up by 10 when you go through.
    6. Good Luck.

From what I have seen it is an absolute honor to work for Chatham and to become a Chatamite (what they call their employees). You should feel proud of yourself if you get any position here. I would be honored to get a job cleaning their floors, that's how amazing they are.

Tips For Chatham: Do a longer skype interview and a shorter on-campus interview. It is pointless to have a working candidate burn over a day of vacation time to ultimately get rejected at the last stage of the process. Let alone waste 1 hour of every employees time for someone you are not 98.99% set on. Turn more people away during the skype interview. Nothing asked on campus couldn't have been asked in the Skype interview. Then narrow your pool down to one or two candidates and invite them in for a full day to judge their social skills etc. If you wanted it as bad as I did, it's like teasing a kid with candy showing them this beautiful company, campus, and culture, then ultimately ripping it out from underneath their feet. Would have been much easier to get rejected after the skype interview.

Regardless, It was an absolute honor and pleasure interviewing with Chatham. Good luck to future candidates that may be reading this, I'm sure you will do just fine. :)

Interview Questions

• Why Chatham?
      Whats one thing you like about your current position?
      Whats one thing you don't like about your current position?
      Why are you looking to change companies?
      Tell me about your background?
      How would you handle (example given) situation?
      What tools do you use to stay organized?
      How would you describe Chatham?
      Relaxed back and forth interview banter questions and responses.
      Not many "typical" interview questions throughout.   Answer Question