Clinique Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Cosmetics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clinique (Buffalo, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process overall was a great experience. I applied initially by forwarding my resume through indeed. I heard back that day and was told to complete the talent plus portion of the interview. This part of the interview was tideous, but customer service based. I did that part right away and then again heard back and was told to fill the application out for the department store that was hiring. After I did that while submitting a resume and cover letter I was asked to come in for an in person interview. It was a normal interview procedure and I got to ask a lot of questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever applied cosmetics to others? Are you open to touching other?   Answer Question
    • How do you get customers to come back and buy from you?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clinique (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2017.

Interview

FaceTime interview, followed by phone interview, then hr interview. The second interviewer was the rudest person and should not be handling interviews. She would ask a question and interrupt me in the middle of my answer every time and start asking something else. Super unprofessional. I had questions at the end and she ignored me and said that she was complete. Wouldn't work here for anything knowing this is how they treat people.

Interview Questions

• Do you like yourself? Why?
      Do others like you?
      What's one specific time you were having a rough day at work? What did you do about it?
      Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Clinique.

Interview

Telephone interviewer did not end up calling me. I had to call them and was given the run-around, but in the end it didn't matter because they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• My interview process was unique like I stated above because of me ending up having to reach out to them when I had a scheduled phone interview already in place. I wasn't upset that I had to reach out, I was actually worried. But, I wouldn't say that any of the questions were out of the ordinary. Mostly scenario questions.   Answer Question

Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Clinique (Miami, FL).

Interview

First Interview with store HR, Second Interview with Cosmetics Manager, Talent Plus Online Test, Third Interview with Clinique Retail Manager, Talent Plus Phone Interview, Phone Interview with Clinique AE
    Talent Plus Phone Interview very difficult.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Clinique (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I was discovered on indeed . I had a phone interview , then a group job hiring search and interview with multiple brands , then was selected by the parent company Estée Lauder . I originally just applied as an artist , then I was offered a counter manager position , then recommended for counter manager, then offered the position , but then after more thought recommended account coordinator

Interview Questions

• What do you think you could offer the company ? Are you salespeople , a goal person , or an events person   Answer Question

Clinique Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clinique (New York, NY).

Interview

it was quick and easy i was an internal transfer from a different department, the interviewer was sweet we talked about gift and reaching goals
    about hourly pay and about pre sale

Interview Questions

• how so i feel about working holidays and weekends   1 Answer

Clinique Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clinique (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Basically I put in an app on belk. I say maybe 3 weeks later a counter manager calls me in for a interview. Then 3 days later I meet with the business manager and I waited about an hour to meet the cosmetics manager for belk and I get the job. I will say the process is shorter if you go on cliniques web page and complete the talent plus assessment before the interview with the counter manager which I did!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite Clinique products?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you gave excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Clinique (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Over the phone interview with Corporate with 2nd interview with Local Mangement via Facetime. Final intervew was with Store Management where position needed. Process was quick, timely and fair.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience with cosmetics but focussed on sales/retail experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real room for negotiation as it is up to the Store and thier budget.

Clinique Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clinique (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. You must first pass a test when you apply. After I passed, I had a phone interview with the store manager. She was very nice, asked pretty basic questions about my work experience. I then had a phone interview with my Clinique manager. Same type of questions. It was a very comfortable interview. The last was a talent plus interview. There's no give and take. It's almost robotic. They ask, you answer. I'd keep my answers short and sweet, because they will give no feedback. If you stay with the company, they will group your answers into your strengths and weaknesses. It's actually very accurate. The interview process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• If the store is having a slow day, what would be your steps be to make goal?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clinique (Downey, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got called to interview, met 3 different managers on different days, the managers were very polite and not intimidating. They made it felt like a pleasant conversation! It made me feel calm. Offered me the job and I accepted. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company   1 Answer