Clinique Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clinique Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2018

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clinique (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

I found the interview to be very engaging and straight-forward. The personailty test is in-depth and extremely accurate in determining where you will fit within the company. It's provides lasting insight, not only for the employer, but also yourself regarding your career goals and/or path.

Interview Questions

• If you witnessed a colleague giving away free products, how would you handle the situation?   2 Answers
    • Asking the same question twice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Clinique (San Antonio, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

the interview was outstanding, I was explained the meaning of my talents that is part of the hiring process with any lauder company called
    Talent Plus Interview

Negotiation

I was offered a pay competative to my former pay with my past employer. I am happy

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clinique (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Very easy going. The interview process went better than expected, just be prepared. I was interviewed by both the account executive and counter manager, so it was a good thing that I came with an extra copy of my resume! The interview was more of a conversation, it wasn’t anything nerve racking like a structured question interview would be.

Interview Questions

• How do you persuade people to buy products?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clinique (Downey, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got called to interview, met 3 different managers on different days, the managers were very polite and not intimidating. They made it felt like a pleasant conversation! It made me feel calm. Offered me the job and I accepted. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company   2 Answers

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clinique (Chicago, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

I had two interviews, the second interview consisted mostly of behavioral questions.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

The interview process is long and includes a talent assessment interview done only by phone after initial screening, then followed by interviews from the sales director, all the way up to the SVP level.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be an asset to brand?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Clinique.

Interview

Very long process. Started in October with phone interview then November a in person one and I am still waiting to hear back and it's the end of December. Followed up and was told they haven't made a decision

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clinique (Pullman, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

-1- I responded to craigslist ad with short cover letter/resume
    -2-recieved email back requesting an interview. I accepted and scheduled one.
    -3-interview consisted of scenario questions such as "a man asks for help choosing a lipstick, what do you do" and "a woman comes in with foundation 4 shades too dark and wants even darker shade, what do you do" the interview went really well. interviewer was extremely professional and made me feel valued and interesting. Asked questions that were pretty easy to answer without too much forethought although I recommend thinking about questions such as those I just mentioned.
    -4-at end of one on one interview, the counter manager conducting the interview asked if I was willing to interview by phone by the Estee Lauder Talent Plus company, I accepted.
    -5- four days go by and talent plus calls and schedules an interview
    -6-three more days and I interviewed finally
    -7-talent plus phone interview was conducted on 4 applicants who passed the first interview including myself. The third and final interview would be conducted and job-offered to the applicant with the best talent plus interview. the interview was 45 minutes exactly and consisted of questions such as "do you think about work outside of work hours? Describe a time that happened" and "from one to ten how organized are you, and why do you say that?" and "what to you is an ideal customer". I answered as best as I could.
    -8-phone interview went well, I was asked to interview for a management position as well. I accepted. we took a 5 minute break then I was called back and interviewed for another Hour and a half or so. Same type of questions as the first phone interview but more oriented around situations such as "two young female employees of yours are becoming catty and its interfering with sales, how do you handle this?" and " How do you make employee scheduling choices and why?". after concluding the 2+hours of interview over the phone, I was told I would be contacted in two days or less.
    -9- 5 days later ( i interviewed the day before thanksgiving so I understand) I received an email from the counter manager again asking for me to come in and speak with her. I agreed and scheduled a time about a week later at her request. I came in and she asked me if I was willing to interview with the store manager (as a makeup counter employee I would be hired by the store the counter is located in) I agreed and scheduled a time.
    -10- Interviewed with store manager and was offered the job. Final interview was very simple and basic about honesty, am I a team player etc. Immediately sat down with counter manager afterwards and signed papers and got introduction to working here.

Interview Questions

• A man asks for help choosing a lipstick, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • A woman who NEVER wears makeup comes in and asks you to show her how to do her own makeup for her wedding in two weeks. What do you do?   2 Answers
    • One of your fellow co-workers is excessively drinking off the job, do you, and if so - how do you respond to this?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Pay is negotiable by experience. Play up your experience!

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Clinique (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I was discovered on indeed . I had a phone interview , then a group job hiring search and interview with multiple brands , then was selected by the parent company Estée Lauder . I originally just applied as an artist , then I was offered a counter manager position , then recommended for counter manager, then offered the position , but then after more thought recommended account coordinator

Interview Questions

• What do you think you could offer the company ? Are you salespeople , a goal person , or an events person   Answer Question

Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Clinique (Naples, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

what you think and know about the brand, what you like about the company, customer service questions, sales goals you met and exceeded throughout your career, and experience in the cosmetics and customer service its pretty standard and very easy interview