Commerzbank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commerzbank Interview Questions

Interviews at Commerzbank

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Organized but getting a chance to be interviewed is tough.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commerzbank (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Very friendly, the questions are not that hard. But I have not prepared well. Very nice company. Very friendly, the questions are not that hard. But I have not prepared well. Very nice company.

Compliance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commerzbank (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process consisted of two interview sessions about a week apart. Each session I met with 3 people and it lasted about 90 minutes total. It was a fair process overall that took about two months from start to finish. I had a positive interview experience.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

standard hiring and interview process.

Negotiation

very little room to negotiate.

Trader Interview

Interview

I applied through college job board and got interview invitation 2 months later. Walk through my resume. Ask about the time management, career path, the market expectation given a quote, why I want to become a trader, why it is fun to you. Not very technical questions.

Vice President - Compliance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Commerzbank.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter about the position. Met with local CCO, who was more than 15 minutes late to the meeting. Learned that the open headcount was due to a current team member leaving for Morgan Stanley. Conversation covered standard questions - what do you do, why do you want to pursue a career in Compliance - and CCO spent bit of time discussing the current makeup of the team and expectations of the open role.

Conversation went well until subject turned towards compensation, at which point CCO explained that although Commerzbank does not pay as well as other banks, one would get gain more subject matter expertise because scope is greater here than at other shops. Admitted that this role would be a "springboard" to larger roles elsewhere, and that salary would be equal to what I was already making.

I was advised that the next round would entail returning to meet with others from his team. I told recruiter later that day that I would not be interested in pursuing and did not hear from Commerzbank again.

Interview Questions

• What's the most difficult thing you worked on related to Dodd-Frank?   Answer Question

Quantitative Solutions Group Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commerzbank.

Interview

First they asked me about my backgroud. Then, they asked me general finance questions, something about the Greeks (delta, gamma...), to talk about my master thesis and questions regarding excel functions like vlookup.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commerzbank (City of London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

One hour written technical test on core Java in a room with a dozen other candidates. Company never bothered to let me know if I passed the test so I assume that meant I didn´t pass. It doesn´t take much effort to send candidates an email so not impressed with the company (although the offices are very nice).

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Commerzbank (Prague (Czech Republic)).

Interview

At the start of the interview I was asked about some standard Java, JavaEE technical, design and implementation questions, then we switched to English to prove my English communication skills and at the end we spoke about offered projects, details about these projects and also I got answers to my questions.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

There was a minimum of two interviews required and at least two people. Please bare in mind that this was many years ago. Since then I would be unable to comment on exactly how it is done other than no one else knows it is occurring.