Constellation Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.9

Promotions Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and moved along quickly. The recruitment manager kept me in the loop on everything that was happening and was an absolute delight to work with. There were two phone interviews and then I was brought in for a panel interview at the office. The entire process was very professional and I was impressed by the caliber of people that I spoke with/met within the organization. All in all a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you challenged your manager on an issue you believed to be right and describe the outcome.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The recruiter Kim has kept me updated along the way with phone calls and emails which I have really appreciated. Everyone I have interacted with has been very positive and enjoyable to talk with.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (Park City, UT) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was great. The communication from the recruiter was consistent and she always kept me in the loop. The process started with a recruiter phone screen followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager. The following stage was a panel interview with the hiring manager and two others. I then did 3 one-on-one interviews with the leadership team and finally ended the interview process with a phone call from corporate HR.

Interview Questions

• There were many behavioral based interview questions.   1 Answer

Public Relations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had 4 interviews throughout the process: 1 phone screen interview with HR, 1 phone interview with the hiring managers, 1 in person panel interview and a final phone interview with a VP. The 1st two interviews were mainly to find out about my background, past work experience and why I wanted to work for Constellation. The panel interview was all behavioral questions to dig a little deeper into who I was and what time of worker I was. The final interview was fairly brief and was just a double check to see if I would fit the culture. Overall it was a pretty stress free process, it did take several weeks but I never felt stumped in my interviews.

Interview Questions

• What brand in Constellations portfolio do you connect with most and why?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Danielle (Recruiting Manager) was a pleasure to work with. She was professional, engaged, positive, and thorough during the interview process. Before the following my interview, her communication was clear and timely. I am thrilled to have accepted my offer and looking forward to working with her.

Interview Questions

• What were your greatest accomplishments in each of your prior positions?   Answer Question

Marketing Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen with HR and then Hiring Manager. Once I spoke with the hirining manager is was claear that they did not want anything beyond a traditional "cheaper" background. Was not knowledgeable of San Francisco business culture. Wants a MBA that can drive costs down, knowlwedge of Marketing or stragetic thinking does not seem to be a part of this job. Seems directives will come from HQ and you will follow that lead.

Interview Questions

• Why do you thinking knowing marketing is important, this is about driving cost down?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Constellation Brands.

Interview

If you have a chance to apply for a job at Constellation Brands, do it. Everyone from the HR Manager to the VP of Marketing was incredibly respectful and transparent about the role and company.

I was scared the interviews were going to be cold interrogations, but in reality they were comfortable & friendly. Each step of the process was clearly marked with expectations. Constellation gave me the chance to not just prove my worth, but also learn about its company, people and values.

A friendly tip: Because you will probably need to talk to 6+ people about your experience, make sure to put together a flawless elevator pitch for yourself. Come prepared with situational answers, and don't be afraid to say 'I don't know.'

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a decision that wasn't popular.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

One of the most efficient, straightforward and pleasant interview experiences that I have had.

Applied via LinkedIn and was contacted by the Recruiting Manager about a month later. The initial phone screen was followed by a call with the hiring manager, an onsite panel interview with four members of the marketing team, and then a phone call with the CMO. Each person I met was incredibly gracious, warm and professional. During the onsite interview, the team acknowledged that a panel interview can be awkward and did all they could to make it conversational and relaxed. Each interview was preceded by a clear explanation of the agenda and expected outcome of the conversation.

The Recruiting Manager is fantastic and felt like my partner in the process. She was well informed, enthusiastic, and provided timely, clear communication every step of the way. I let her know during our first call that I was deep in the interview process with another company (and in fact I received another offer two days later), and she and the team bent over backwards to accelerate their process to accommodate my timeline.

Overall the experience served to provide a very positive impression of the company and, as I weighed two job offers, assured me that accepting Constellation's offer would be a great decision.

Interview Questions

• Almost all questions began with, "Tell me about a time you..." and probed on areas relevant to the role.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation Brands in April 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening with their HR representative, followed by a telephone interview with one of the Marketing Directors at Constellation Brands. On both occasions we walked through my resume, my expectations from Constellation Brands as an employer, and how I'd like to grow professionally. The HR recruiter was very helpful during the interview process, and I can tell that she truly has a passion for helping others grow their career.

Interview Questions

• How do I see myself as a manager, and how do I like to be managed?   Answer Question

Winemaker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gonzales, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (Gonzales, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

There were some initial inquiry phone calls from Recruiting Manager followed by a phone call with the Director of Winemaking. Then, there was a site visit and meeting the team. Then, there were some phone calls and then I got the job! The Recruiting Manager was extremely thorough, friendly, competent, enthusiastic, professional, and helpful. The Director of Winemaking and his team were energetic, smart, passionate, and high level. All in all, a completely positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you have been most proud of in your tenure at your last job?   Answer Question