Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Interview

I applied to be a program assistant (intern) in October and was contacted for an interview in early January. The interview wasn't too hard but wasn't too easy either; they asked about my background, why I was interested in the CFPB, and several situational questions to gauge my experiences. Later, I received a job offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a cross-functional/multidisciplinary team.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process appears to be rigged, they already plan to hire their friend/relative/relative of a friend, so they just go through the motions of interviewing you to waste your time. Most employees are related to or are friends with a current employee.

better opportunity

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

I had a nice interaction with the two directors at CFPB. CFPB is a relatively new agency established by the current President to oversee the consumer market. There were 2 1:1 interviews, one fit and one case. The case was not very hard, but candidates must be organized to solve the case. Candidates must really be interested to work for a government agency and really know what CFPB does in order to be moved forward in the recruitment process.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

They set up three hour time slots to take an online exam. Initially, they scheduled them on a federal holiday and had to reschedule. The exam tested one's basic financial analysis skills.

Interview Questions

• Of these four credit cards, which would be the most likely to have clients who tend to make late payments?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied to the job through a posting submitted to my career services department at my college. Within a week or so, I was notified by phone that I had been selected for an interview. As I would be passing by the area at the right time (Washington, DC), I let them know I could appear for an in-person interview. I was interviewed in their office by two junior members of the Mortgage Analysis team and one senior member. I was notified I had gotten the internship within a week following the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked in detail about my experience working with large datasets and the full process of procuring the dataset, cleaning it, what tests I ran, what results I got, and how I packaged and presented those results.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initial interview round consisted of interviews with several panels within the division. They use a structured interview model, so interviewers are required to only use questions from the official interview book. This makes the interview somewhat stiff and it's harder to make a personal connection. On the other hand, it's intended to ensure a fair interview process, so it makes sense.
    It took FOREVER before I got a call for the final interview (several months). I had assumed I just didn't get the job. The final interview was with two supervisors and followed the same structured interview format.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to research an entirely new topic and describe your research process step-by-step.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Interview

Telephonic and then in-person interview with panel.

Interview Questions

• Normal attorney interview designed to determine experience level .   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted a few months after submitting an application through USA Jobs. I was interviewed once by a panel of 4 people in the Supervision, Examination, and Fair Lending Division for roughly ~30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were challenged in the workplace and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (Washington, DC) in July 2011.

Interview

There was an over the phone interview with 4 people. The interview lasted one hour and was primarily based off my resume. I asked a lot of questions and they were very honest about the organization being unstructured. One thing that they did promise is that everything would be top-notch from training to benefits. Once I completed the over the phone interview, I was invited out to DC for a face to face interview opportuntiy. I had to pay for it myself. The face to face interview was the exact same as the over the phone interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted within a week or two of applying. The first step was a roughly hour long written assessment, which was essentially a case study of a financial market. While most of the questions could be answered qualitatively I think they're looking for you to use quantitative methods, e.g., run regressions. It was all done over email. After that came a series of three phone/Skype interviews which were a mix of behavioral and technical questions. I wasn't terribly impressed with the interview process. Several of the interviews started late (15+ minutes.) I was also told they would all be Skype intefviews, but some were phone interviews instead.

Interview Questions

• Based on a data set, is there reason to believe a given variable influences another variable?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

After the application date closed on the the website portal, it took approximately 2-3 weeks to hear back regarding the interview process. The first step was a two hour skills test based on real life financial case studies.

Interview Questions

• Auto loans are regarded as a fairly safe loan class. Why do you think consumers usually

pay their auto loan payments before any other type of debt they carry, even their

mortgages?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think the vast majority (approximately 80%) of consumers finance their

purchase through the indirect financing channel?   Answer Question