Cotton On Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cotton On Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cotton On (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied in store and was interviewed by the store manager the next week. She was sweet but to the point, and the interview only lasted about 20 minutes. She was also very accommodating to my schedule as a college student.

Interview Questions

• If you could only bring 2 things with you to a deserted island, what would they be and why?   Answer Question
    • What did you like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cotton On.

Interview

I was contacted by a regional recruiter at first about my interest in the company and to see if my interests and goals lined up with their values.

After two phone interviews with the recruiter, she set up an in-person interview with the store manager I would be working for and the district manager. I interviewed with both of them simultaneously in person about a week later. After them, they had the branch manager contact me and tell me about the brand, the values, the role, and the goals. After this, I was contacted a day later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cotton On.

Interview

Originally filled out application online, after finding out from in store that they were hiring. Ended up bringing outdated resume to interview, and they didn't care too much, as long as the resume looked professional.
    A week later, they called me and scheduled an interview the next day. I asked what clothing they wanted me to wear, and they said casual, so I ended wearing a button-up with pants and close-toed shoes.
    Walked in 15 minutes early, but they already starting interviewing another candidate, so I waited 20 minutes for them and talked with the other associates working there.
    Waited a little more after they came back, and followed them outside to a table to interview.
    Interview was very relaxed, and questions were standard. I asked a few questions, and then was told I got the job and to meet them the following week to sign papers.
    Overall, not very stressful and just take it easy.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cotton On (New York, NY).

Interview

For the Hiring process, it was a walk-in, I asked if they were hiring and they were actually having interviews the following week, in which I signed up for. The interview was 1 on 1 and was extremely laid back and I was 100% comfortable answering each question. Also, don't over dress, I came in wearing a ripped jeans jacket type long sleeved tee, white undershirt, and chino pants.
    Overall, the job is great, I have the best co-workers who are extremely nice and helpful. They offer reasonable pay, and flexible times, it's a wonderful place to work at! The job is demanding as every sales associate has to work with each shipment, but when the day's done you feel like you accomplished something. Finally, the management is also great, there are many Manager(s), Assistant Manager(s), and Key Holders that all treat you with respect and answer every question you have.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to Cotton On?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cotton On (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied to the Cotton On: Kids store online and was called in for an interview about a week later. It ended up being a group interview with about 5 other people. The person in charge of the interview asked a question and we were free to answer in no specific order. After some basic questions, we were asked to create an outfit and sell it to the interviewer. We were told we'd get a call back even if we didn't get the job but that never happened. It was a pretty relaxed process, overall.

Interview Questions

• What would do if your shift ended but there were still responsibilities to complete?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cotton On.

Interview

A very long, dragged out process. Each interview I had with a team member was the exact same as the previous. I felt like I was constantly repeating myself when the team could have just communicated with eachother or at least all asked me different questions. I mainly dealt with the district recruiter. She was almost always hard to get a hold of, and very very rude.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told that I would be able to negotiate however when I tried, I was instantly denied.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cotton On (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Had a one on one interview with the manager at the store, she briefly met with me outside of the store (within the mall). She asked basic interview questions to get to know more about me, what I knew about the store, and if I had retail experience (if I did, what were they). I was offered a position then on the spot after my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cotton On (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Group Interview. Manager was poorly unprofessional. Also was a group interview most of the people that were hired were over 18. Really sucks because i never got a call back. Went back to the store seeing all 18 year olds working.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cotton On (Bloomington, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Very chill interview, manager asked a few questions about my experience and personlity, as well as retail situations. It was a 1 on 1 interview, conducted on a private bench else ware in the mall. I connected with my interviewer very easily and many of the questions I found were wonderful gateways to the rest of my personality and style.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came in the store, how would you greet them? After 5 minutes would you approach them again- what would you say?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cotton On.

Interview

Group interview with one other person. Questions were easy and interviewer was very east to talk to. Overall an easy process, although the email to schedule an interview lagged behind the actual application, everything after the email was a breeze.