Coyote Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coyote Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.3

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics.

Interview

First is a phone interview, then you sit down one on one with a hr rep, and then you have a group interview. The most important thing to remember is to show up early. They are big on people getting there on time.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to go through a scenario and give the way we would solve the problem and how we would react to it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics.

Interview

Was interested in changing departments and compliance had an opening. Interview was smooth and felt right. I was impressed by how they handled the interview process and felt like it was a very fast response.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you'll help compliance?   1 Answer

National Account Manager Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2017.

Interview

Disrespect. They were 30 minutes late to a 9am interview and I was told this was standard. Said they would get back to me by eob that day. It took 10 days to get a response. I'm glad not to be a part of their company.

Interview Questions

• What does success mean to you?   1 Answer

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online with an employee referral, quickly got a phone interview set up. Heard back a week later and got called in for an in-person interview. They asked mostly about my resume and about my college experience (involvement, experience)

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

First I applied online which was a straight forward process. I then had a phone interview which was mostly on my experience, my resume, what I knew about the company, why the logistics industry. The in person interview was long. My interview lasted about 3 hours, I met with 2 recruiters and shadowed 2 different positions. They love questions, like LOVE questions. Be aware of the shadowing you do, the company history, and why you should be an ideal candidate for the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Pretty simple process. The first step is an initial phone interview where they ask questions that are mostly behavioral. The next step is an in-person interview where they ask more behavioral questions and have you talk more about the experiences/achievements listed in your resume.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview: lasted 6 minutes. The recruiter asked my major, where I lived, what kind of classes I was taking, and what I did in my spare time. It was easy to see that they were low on applicants and just wanted to fill the role, or they didn't care who they hired.

In person interview: I drove 3.5 hours to attend the interview on a 2 day notice. It was very easy to make up answers in order to fit the Coyote way of thinking. There were no questions or interactions to see how you would communicate with the driver. You fill out a couple info forms beforehand and they have you complete a maze, describe a Coyote (use the word predator and discuss their teamwork while hunting), and who you would trade places with for a day and why. The weirdest part was that during the shadowing portion, the employee I shadowed congratulated me on getting the job. I don't know if she was mistaken on why I was there or what, but it was very uncomfortable. She continued to tell me that the employees push their new driver software that basically allows the drivers to input all the information that Driver Services rep would obtain, making the position obsolete. It's almost as if they don't even know that they're going to be replaced soon. The recruiter and the person I shadowed were great, but the atmosphere in the Alpharetta office is NOTHING like their YouTube videos show. It's an open floor plan with computers side by side and no partition, making it very easy to hear other people's calls, become distracted, and was very loud during my shadowing. I mean loud as in people carrying on and yelling, not a bunch of customer calls being taken at once. It was like a zoo and I don't see how anyone gets anything done there. It's very clear that they do not drug test their employees there; the other employees give off a sense of being there just for the money. There's no intellectual stimulation in there at all. After that experience I knew that this branch wasn't the place for me before I even walked out of the door. The recruiter finished things up with me and said that I would be hearing back about whether I would be offered a position or if I was unable to continue in the selection process. That was 3 weeks ago, I've not heard back from anyone, and the position begins in 8 days. I'm nearly glad that I haven't heard anything yet.

Interview Questions

• Which Coyote trait suits you the most?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Had an on campus interview then was called in for an inperson interview at the office. You shadow someone who works there and then are asked questioned by the HR representative. My interview was more of a conversation and we did not speak about my experince much

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics.

Interview

I applied online online at the beginning of February, received an email response for an in-house interview about a week later. Set up the appointment via email, came in the following Monday and waited in the lobby for about 15 minutes before being seated in a small room with one of the girls from HR.

The interview itself was very easy and felt very casual and natural. It was nice not having to dress up super fancy for an interview for a change. I'm not the best at interviewing but I have some background in Supply Chain and Logistics so a lot of what I brought up (My strengths and weaknesses) I applied with my experiences. After talking through some of my stories of what I've done, (for about 20 minutes) I was told I was to shadow with one of the Carrier Reps on the floor. I sat with one of the guys and was shown their system and asked about the day to day. It seemed to be something I wanted to do.

The girl in HR emphasized that interviewing was a 2 way street (that they had to make sure I found what they did attractive enough for me to pursue). She also let me know more about the company and explained their future plans. After we were wrapping up, I asked about an expected time frame to hear back, she said, could be the next day or about a week or so.

I heard back about 4 days later with an offer and I accepted it. The position wasn't available until a month later but I learned the reason is because they hire in groups and do training together.

Overall great experience.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

It felt like the interview went well because it was mostly conversation based. They have you shadow someone around in the office for about 30 minutes and then you meet with two recruiters.