Crate and Barrel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Furniture Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There were two interviews: one with dept. head and second with store manager. Received phone call one week later with offer. Came back to complete paperwork before starting first day.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based questions, such as: Tell me about a time when a customer was unhappy and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with HR to screen me. Then I had an interview with a few people on the team that I would be working with. Then I had a final interview/sessions with HR. The interview was not intimidating and everyone was friendly and personable.

Interview Questions

• There were multiple questions that were similar to "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

Hiring was long and delayed and confusing. The entire process took 4 months and I had a total of 5 interviews (1 initial screen, 1 phone interview, 3 in-person interviews). Overall it was what you expect from an interview, except they didn't give me a tour of the building. I came in 3 different times and not ONCE was I shown anything but a room immediately to the right. I believe a tour of the work place should be done.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions: "What fulfills you", "what are your career goals", "where do you see yourself in 5 years", "strengths/weaknesses", "what motivates you".   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do NO negotiation and they offer 20-30% less than industry standard. They pay incredibly poorly and there are no amazing benefits so they just really treat their employees poorly. Do not take this job!

Stock Associate Interview

Interview

After applying online, I received an email informing me that I would receive a call for an over the phone interview. During the over the phone interview I was asked a few general questions and was then asked to go in for an in-person interview, where I was offered a position on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

Phone call, then invite for interview. This was rhe WORST interview I've ever experienced. I thought the interview went very well. The person who interviewed me sId they will contact me in a week. A week passed and no contact. I called them back by the end of the week and they said they're "still interviewing people and will call back"... They never did. Never have I had more anxiety on this job than ever before. To this day, now more than a month later I still wait for them due to me never gettibg ANY closure. Do not promise you will call back with no intention. If I didn't get the job, I'd appreciate closure that I never got... Thanks for almost a month of an anxiety....

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Murray, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

Received call to schedule an interview two weeks after I applied; basic interview question. Following the interview I was offered the position a week later. On-boarding process started a week later. 2-3 weeks after being hired, you will be partnered w/ a tenured associate until management feels comfortable with you working on your own.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit in the Crate culture?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I went in the store walked up some stairs. Then went to counter and asked that I am here for an interview. Then was taken up stairs. THEn bam sat down on a nice chair near a windows. It was very pleasant.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online and got a call from a HR person who asked to meet for a 1-on-1 meeting. Meet with Stock Manager for a meeting in the store which was easy. Was pretty much hired at the end of the interview. Overall the experience was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? If I were to call your past employers what would they say about you? What relevant experience do you have to this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (West Hollywood, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Replied to post on craigslist. Got an email back to schedule a phone interview. Passed that so got called to come in for a in-person interview. It was one on one. Lasted about 20 min. Hired on the spot. Took home a packet with paperwork.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Broomfield, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

I saw the job posting on my college job board. I needed a part time job that wasn't delivery driving until the wee hours of the morning. I brought in my resume to the store, but ended up just filling out an application on the spot. I couldn't give my app directly to a manager or even talk to one. I was a little offended, but learned that's just their policy after I got the job. I got a call after a few days to come in and interview. Very laid back I met with a sales manager. We sat on the couches and chatted for about 20 minutes. I initially got called back to learn that I didn't get the job. A few days later I got called again saying their first choice dropped out and I got the job after all. I got the job right before school started for me and they were totally fine working with my class schedule right from the start, so that was nice.

Interview Questions

• Why are you passionate about our product line?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Part time jobs don't leave much negotiation. The pay was better than what I had at previous jobs so I was content.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel.

Interview

The interview was really easy. They asked simple questions and just wanted to make sure that you were reliable and hard working. I was hired on the spot, pending a background check, which actually took over a week to come in.