Crate and Barrel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Crate and Barrel Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There were two interviews: one with dept. head and second with store manager. Received phone call one week later with offer. Came back to complete paperwork before starting first day.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based questions, such as: Tell me about a time when a customer was unhappy and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Phone interview covered duties and responsibilities of the position and a broad overview of the company culture. I share numerous details of my experiences with my current employer and observations of Crate and Barrel from the perspective of a long time customer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had one interview with generic questions. The energy level was very low. Perhaps the interviewer knew I was not to be hired. However, I tried to raise the energy level by engaging the interviewer. The questions were repetitive. How do you sell?

Department Lead Interview

Interview

I cannot- the GM told me would speak on several occasions, even emailing me to set up a time- never followed thru, but put me off twice. Told me on a Friday that we would speak before I left for the day- we didn't. She told me on the way out the door- "we'll speak next week". The next day (Saturday) I received her group "GM message" email, and was surprised to see that the position I was waiting to interview for had been filled. No interview, no explanation when I returned to work. A total blow-off, with no explanation whatsoever. EVERYONE INTERESTED IN A PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITY IS ENTITLED TO AT LEAST BE GIVEN A CURSORY INTERVIEW, EVEN IF THE DECISION HAS ALREADY MADE! RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR.

Interview Questions

Crate and Barrel Response

Mar 20, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to discuss your experiences. We welcome an opportunity to discuss your experiences with you. Please contact our corporate offices at 847-272-2888 and ask to speak to a... More

Furniture Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and originally was interviewed by a recruiter. That process was pleasant and quick. They asked simple, general, to the point questions without a lot of small talk.

A week later I received a phone call from the local store manager. She wanted to schedule an in person interview, but first had some questions, mostly about my availability. It was clear right off the get-go that she had not looked at my application at all based off of the questions that she was asking. Regarding my availability, I had said that I could work any day except for Sunday--this had been put on my original online application, as well as said on the phone to the recruiter, and no one said anything further about it. When I said this to her, she scoffed and with a mocking laugh said, "Well, I would love to be able to have a day off too, but that's not how we work around here. Did you speak to the recruiter about this?" I was told by her that the Furniture Sales Associates work all day every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Now my main reason for declining the second in person interview was because I'm unable to work Sundays, but it was also because if someone was going to be that rude about scheduling on the phone and not even take a moment to look at my application before calling me out of the blue, I sure wasn't going to deal with that any time I wanted a day off or needed to switch schedules.

I was extremely put off by the local store manager. Who knows if I would have gotten an offer after the second interview, but I wasn't willing to find out.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see Crate & Barrel fitting into your career goals?   Answer Question

Mar 27, 2017 – Recruiter

We apologize for your recent interview experience. Thank-you for taking the time to share this feedback.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Northbrook, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was traditional in format. Initially applied online and interviewed with HR and then the hiring manager via phone. Afterwards, there was an in person interview with finance and cross functional team members. Questions were behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure incrementality of a promotional program?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was very straight forward. i had no issues because I knew what the job entailed and was willing to work the days they needed me. I liked the girl who interviewed me and she was helpful in the training process.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work weekends   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (New York, NY).

Interview

phone screening, then indoor meeting, then they did a background check then I was hired. easiest job interview I have ever had. even though I don't have a criminal record, they get tax benefits for hiring people with criminal pasts

Jan 10, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for giving us feedback on the ease of our interview process and your positive experience and welcome to Crate and Barrel! We also wanted to clarify that we participate in a Federal... More

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel in January 2017.

Interview

The manager contacted me by email to set up an interview in person. The interview was about 45 minutes, it was casual and was done in the showroom at one of their living room displays.

Merchandise Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Northbrook, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very long, they asked a lot of important questions and we thoroughly went over my resume. They especially wanted to know about my current role and things that I did in school that would help prepare me for this role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what your responsibilities are in your current role.   Answer Question