DeVry Education Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DeVry Education Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2017

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Downers Grove, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a Face to Face interview. Thought it went really well but have yet to hear anything regarding the next steps. Followed up with Recruiter and hiring manager and no response. I think that every organization should take the time to follow up with candidates regardless if they received it or not. Candidates do take time off from work to attend these interviews. Very unprofessional. I would advise job seekers to look else where especially with their declining enrollment and layoff information that I found on thelayoff.com

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were not structured. They were all over the place and may be different in each interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was good and fair. I was on time and no hard questions asked at all. She was understanding and very friendly. I loved the office space and can not wait to start work.

Interview Questions

• How will I be able to help an upset student from dropping out of school?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group.

Interview

It was so long ago I can't remember but it was a referral and the process was normal with about 5 interviews with various people across the organization. It was pretty fast and overall not too grueling

Student Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Oakland, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The Interview Process consisted of 1 interview with the recruiting firm and 3 interviews with DeVry management. I had the first 3 interviews via phone and the final interview in person

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for DeVry.   1 Answer

Student Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter who completed a brief phone interview. I was contacted the same day by someone else who scheduled an in person interview for me on Campus.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people: Director, Vice President, and Senior HR Director. Interview questions were pretty straight forward. Spoke to the recruiter over the phone, then interviewed with my boss over the phone, followed by 2 other in person interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience   1 Answer

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter.
    Supposedly the next step was a Skype interview with hiring manager but never got a confirmation email or even a rejection email. Sent a follow up to both the recruiter and hiring manager, neither one responded. Highly unprofessional!

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group.

Interview

Phone interview was brief, seemed rushed although the interviewer was friendly and easy going. Salary expectations discussed were very different than what appeared on the Ladders as an estimated salary range.

Interview Questions

• -Salary expectations, current position overview, employment status.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screen. Basic questions.
    I strongly advise candidates to review their enrollment decline and future forecast. The for profit education industry has been rocked hard in the past few years and DV stock has been toasted. Hamburger is smart but this is tough Also note that DV has a very bad reputation for not following up with their candidates they interview. Very disorganized.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Coral Gables, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

This has to be the longest process to get a NO I have ever experienced (almost 2 months). After 3 phone interviews and a face-to-face interview, I was almost sure I had the job. I completed an assessment test and I was asked via email for 3 references. After all was said and done, I waited patiently (supposedly for the references to be checked (they never called anyone) and move on to the next step, which I thought was an offer). After 3 weeks of HR being unresponsive and several emails and phone calls inquiring about the position, I received an email that said they were not going to be moving forward with my application. They took 3 weeks to decide I was not a fit for the position?

The hiring process in this institution is far from good or professional. It seemed to me that they only had one HR person that managed everything in that department, because she kept excusing herself for not answering emails/phone calls saying her schedule was very busy (I'm also sure this was a strategy to give me the run-around until she had an answer from the hiring manager).

It's a shame that this educational institution puts someone through this excruciating process without a positive result.

Interview Questions

• Assessment Test Example:

Example 1:

CLOCK:TIME

Which of the following word pairs expresses a relationship most similar to that expressed above?

A. Map : Directions
      B. Country : States
      C. Latitude : Land
      D. Depth : Oceans
      E. Odometer : Altitude

The correct answer is A. The CLOCK provides the user with TIME. The correct answer must fit in this sentence. A MAP provides the user with DIRECTIONS.

Example 2:

The recently released Wilder Foundation report, and its prediction that the city's senior population could grow as much as 115 percent by the year 2025, might send shivers down the spines of older residents everywhere.

But think about it. This isn't just a senior problem; this is everyone's problem. After all, how old will you be in 15 years? The big problems will be housing and services. Will there be enough housing? Will services be adequate?

The good news is that the city appears to be moving in the right direction. Not only does it have a number of well-established programs in place, but it has encouraged the formation of new programs as well.

What is the main point of the above article?

A. People are getting older all the time.
      B. There will be a shortage of housing and services by the year 2025.
      C. The Wilder Foundation report was recently released.
      D. The city must take steps now to be ready for the year 2025.
      E. This problem only affects senior citizens.

The correct answer is D. The passage describes the problem, what will happen if no action occurs, and how the city is moving in the right direction. The other response options are either off-topic, too specific, or are directly contradicted by the text in the passage.   Answer Question