DeVry Education Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DeVry Education Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group.

Interview

Traditional interview techniques, Q and A, open discussion. Be prepared by knowing the role and the school's background. Usually occurs with two people and on days when they schedule a lot interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position/university? What skills from prior jobs will help you excel here? What is your flexibility really like as far as scheduling? What are your 1/3/5 year plans...   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group.

Interview

It was so long ago I can't remember but it was a referral and the process was normal with about 5 interviews with various people across the organization. It was pretty fast and overall not too grueling

Student Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter who completed a brief phone interview. I was contacted the same day by someone else who scheduled an in person interview for me on Campus.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people: Director, Vice President, and Senior HR Director. Interview questions were pretty straight forward. Spoke to the recruiter over the phone, then interviewed with my boss over the phone, followed by 2 other in person interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience   1 Answer

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter.
    Supposedly the next step was a Skype interview with hiring manager but never got a confirmation email or even a rejection email. Sent a follow up to both the recruiter and hiring manager, neither one responded. Highly unprofessional!

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group.

Interview

Phone interview was brief, seemed rushed although the interviewer was friendly and easy going. Salary expectations discussed were very different than what appeared on the Ladders as an estimated salary range.

Interview Questions

• -Salary expectations, current position overview, employment status.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screen. Basic questions.
    I strongly advise candidates to review their enrollment decline and future forecast. The for profit education industry has been rocked hard in the past few years and DV stock has been toasted. Hamburger is smart but this is tough Also note that DV has a very bad reputation for not following up with their candidates they interview. Very disorganized.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Coral Gables, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

This has to be the longest process to get a NO I have ever experienced (almost 2 months). After 3 phone interviews and a face-to-face interview, I was almost sure I had the job. I completed an assessment test and I was asked via email for 3 references. After all was said and done, I waited patiently (supposedly for the references to be checked (they never called anyone) and move on to the next step, which I thought was an offer). After 3 weeks of HR being unresponsive and several emails and phone calls inquiring about the position, I received an email that said they were not going to be moving forward with my application. They took 3 weeks to decide I was not a fit for the position?

The hiring process in this institution is far from good or professional. It seemed to me that they only had one HR person that managed everything in that department, because she kept excusing herself for not answering emails/phone calls saying her schedule was very busy (I'm also sure this was a strategy to give me the run-around until she had an answer from the hiring manager).

It's a shame that this educational institution puts someone through this excruciating process without a positive result.

Interview Questions

• Assessment Test Example:

Example 1:

CLOCK:TIME

Which of the following word pairs expresses a relationship most similar to that expressed above?

A. Map : Directions
      B. Country : States
      C. Latitude : Land
      D. Depth : Oceans
      E. Odometer : Altitude

The correct answer is A. The CLOCK provides the user with TIME. The correct answer must fit in this sentence. A MAP provides the user with DIRECTIONS.

Example 2:

The recently released Wilder Foundation report, and its prediction that the city's senior population could grow as much as 115 percent by the year 2025, might send shivers down the spines of older residents everywhere.

But think about it. This isn't just a senior problem; this is everyone's problem. After all, how old will you be in 15 years? The big problems will be housing and services. Will there be enough housing? Will services be adequate?

The good news is that the city appears to be moving in the right direction. Not only does it have a number of well-established programs in place, but it has encouraged the formation of new programs as well.

What is the main point of the above article?

A. People are getting older all the time.
      B. There will be a shortage of housing and services by the year 2025.
      C. The Wilder Foundation report was recently released.
      D. The city must take steps now to be ready for the year 2025.
      E. This problem only affects senior citizens.

The correct answer is D. The passage describes the problem, what will happen if no action occurs, and how the city is moving in the right direction. The other response options are either off-topic, too specific, or are directly contradicted by the text in the passage.
      Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group (Oak Brook, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely disorganized. My recruiter rescheduled my first phone screen due to illness. I did not receive the call at the rescheduled time due to the recruiters busy schedule.

After finally connecting with the recruiter for the phone screen, a different recruiter reached out to me for a follow up with the hiring manager. 5 days after following up with this recruiter and hearing nothing, a third recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone screen with the hiring manager. At the scheduled time of my phone screen with the hiring manager, I never received a phone call. A couple days later, this call was rescheduled.

After this phone screen, I was scheduled for an in person interview with the hiring manager, and 3 other associates, The in person interview lasted 2.5 hours.

Only 3 hours after the completion of my in person interview, I received an email from the recruiter notifying me that they had selected another candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DeVry Education Group.

Interview

Started with a phone screen, from there you had a phone call with a hiring manager, and then a face to face with a hiring manager and director. Pretty average.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations