DeVry University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2018

2.7

Visiting Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DeVry University (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

You have to teach in front of staff. I got hired pretty easily for this position. They called immediately after I turned in my resume. It depends on what area you teach in. If you teach in IT or Sciences you will be more likely to be hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was standard. They had a normal compensation rate for all Faculty now.

Visiting Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DeVry University (North Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

I was first interviewed for the position of a tutor. After working as a tutor for two weeks, my manager forwarded my resume to the Chair of the developmental English department. I was then interviewed by her.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was good and I accepted it.

IT Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University (Henderson, NV) in January 2011.

Interview

Must submit online application and receive in person interviews (possible phone interviews as well with regional team management depending on service type and location). All positions are offered first internally and then public. Once publicly offered, all candidates must be reviewed even if previous experience in role. There is no favoritism and they are concerned with finding a good match for the DeVry Culture of Care as you will be working closely with a local team and skill set or experience at technical matters is not enough to win you the job. I recommend brushing up on conversation and performing practice interviews prior to process,.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for our company\position?   Answer Question

IT Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

They simply let you introduce yourself, and might ask you some technical questions, but very basic, and they will ask you if you are able to work in the weekend because sometimes they need people work in the office alone during the weekend.

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry University (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

This was a long time ago and I don't remember all the details. The face to face interview took about one hour. I came there through a temp agency and was hired permanently after several months as a temp.

Interview Questions

• They were primarily looking for someone with Power Point knowledge for a specific task so there were many questions around that particular software.   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Downers Grove, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Laid back interview process with two multiple people in the room. The interview was approximately twenty minutes long and the demeanor of the interviewers/future co-workers during the interview was true to their character. I still enjoy working with them.

Admission Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry University (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Absolutely worst interview experience in my life. I was interviewed by two people at the same time. They were both extremely rude and rushed the interview as if I was distracting them from work. They were both late for the interview and left me sitting in the reception area for at least 10-minutes. After the interview, I knew I did not want to work for that company. I was more than happy that they didn't want me as well.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job, are you wealthy?   1 Answer

Admission Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DeVry University in October 2011.

Interview

They ask behavioral interview questions. There is a boacground check and drug screen. They are hiring entry level Admissions Advisors for on line. The on line division is the growth engine of Devry University.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a co working that was not contributing to the team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none, I did not want to negotiate, I felt the offer was fair and reasonable relative to the researchI conducted.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview. This was the initial first step as a candidate. Then, I had another phone interview and lastly a webex interview. All three of these were like days apart from each other. The process was fast.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when someone started out excited about something and then further down the road changed their mind. How did you help them to refocus?   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Interview

they held a phone interview, followed by a group interview and then a one on one interview with different levels of management; the process was relatively quick and efficient. follow up was also quick