Cover image for DeVry University

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

DeVry University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 207 of over 207 interviews

Recruiter9%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

DeVry University

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University in Jun 2022

Interview

First you have a screening call, mine was a really nice woman who explained the job thoroughly. The interview itself was negative for me. The interviewer I had told me "empathy is a weakness" , that he "only cares about results", and that the employee they need cant have depression because the job is actually a sales call position and you will get a lot of rejections.

Interview Questions
  • What do you do if you call someone and they say yes to DeVry but then doesn't complete any of the applications necessary and keep asking for deadline extensions?
    1 Answer

DeVry University

Application

I interviewed at DeVry University

Interview

It was a virtual interview with different team members where I answered a variety of questions. Each person took a turn asking standard interview questions to include questions on my background.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,931

974 Comments

Join the conversation on

DeVry University

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter to schedule a call. After that call, I was scheduled for a meeting with the hiring manager. The final step would be one more interview, which I did not have. The company asks candidates to take a Predictive Index test. I took this test three times in the year for various employers and received different results every single time. The result I received in this case did not fit my actual work and personality styles but they seemed to take these test results very seriously as there was a somewhat negative point that came up several times in my interview. I would have preferred that this test be something taken post-interview, as just a general picture, rather then pre-interview, as it created bias and directed the interview in a way. I felt like I was defending myself against this one negative aspect that the report stated.. which wasn't at all accurate. I hope that they consider the candidate in front of them going forward rather than this report that does not hold much value.

Interview Questions
  • Questions generally asked for examples that were relevant to the job.

DeVry University

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DeVry University in Apr 2022

Interview

It 2 step process. Initial screening with the talent acquisition recruiter Then panel interview with 3 people over teams. Will need internet connection with cat5 cable as their computers don’t operate via Wi-Fi.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you were asked to do something that made you feel uncomfortable. Describe a time you had to tell a customer no.

DeVry University

Application

I interviewed at DeVry University

Interview

Horrible! Comparable to an interrogation. 3 supervisors asking questions most of the time over talking one another. Compared the department to a call center environment, 40 minute interview ..Lengthy! Waste of time

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

DeVry University

Application

I interviewed at DeVry University

Interview

1st I had an over the phone interview with HR and then I had my in-person interview with two managers. The next day the HR rep called me with an offer. It was a smooth process

Interview Questions
  • How are your weaknesses? Tell me a time you dealt with an angry client. How did you handle that situation?

DeVry University

Application

I interviewed at DeVry University

Interview

Averted questions. Communicated about my interest, strengths, and ability to work remotely. It was pretty lengthy due to having conversations about job experiences and what I do in my work now.

Interview Questions
  • How would I overcome the challenges that comes with working remotely?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University (New York, NY) in Nov 2021

Interview

Very informative without being formal. Very personable Interviewer. I felt very comfortable. Talked about how remote school is getting more and more popular. If I was a Tackie? Would remote be a problem for me.

Interview Questions
  • Straights, weakness, why do want to work here..the usual

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I interviewed at DeVry University (Aurora, IL)

Interview

Semi lengthy process but just be prepared for the behavioral questions and how to respond to scenario type questions. You will know in a few days whether they will offer you the position

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Application

I interviewed at DeVry University (Redding, CA)

Interview

It was a smooth process and interviewed with about 3 different people on separate occasions. My interviews were done virtually as I was out of state and relocating. The team was very communicative and always knew the next steps in the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 207 Interviews

DeVry University Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at DeVry University as 57.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.74 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Admissions Advisor and Student Support Advisor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Operations Support Coordinator and Admissions Representative roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at DeVry University takes an average of 21 days when considering 219 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Admissions Advisor I had the quickest hiring process (on average 17 days), whereas Admissions Representative roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 23 days).

Common stages of the interview process at DeVry University according to 219 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 19.10%