DeVry University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DeVry University Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2018

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter and waited a couple weeks. Then, I was invited to the main campus for interviews with a number of managers. I also interviewed on one of the satellite campuses.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for DeVry?   1 Answer

Operations Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Irving, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR person in Illinois who did an initial phone screening. I was moved onto the in-person interview with the Dean, but it ended up being online through WebEx. I felt the interview went well. They asked very customer-focused and student focused questions and how you relate it to your past work experiences. Do not expect any feedback or a customized letter if you make it further in the interview process. I was told I would personally hear from HR whether they were moving me along or not and I got a generic rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you received excellent customer service?
      Why are you interested in working for DeVry University?   Answer Question

Operations Support Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DeVry University (Charlotte, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied for job online, then received an assessment to complete. A week later I received a call from an HR recruiter asking if I completed the assessment(I did a week prior) and to schedule an over the phone interview. The morning of the interview I received an email canceling the interview(we rescheduled). The over the phone interview went well and led to a in person interview with the Dean and another faculty member. Face to face interview went well, however; the majority of the questions did not pertain to the job position. For instance, I was asked to give a visual description of my closet?, I guess they wanted to get to know if I was an organized person. At the end of the interview I asked what they were looking for?, when would someone be updated on their status?, and when would the position start?, all I received back were responses such as "a special person to fill the position", "contact the HR rep he'll keep you updated". Two weeks pass I contact the HR rep and receive no response. A month after the interview I receive a generic rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• How do you differ now from when you were in High School?   1 Answer

Admission Counselor-undergraduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DeVry University (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Applied on a Saturday and the following Monday I got a call to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went really well and the person told me a person from the Naperville office will call me to set up an in person interview. The in person interview was with two managers both very nice. The questions they asked were trick questions and they asked the same questions just in different ways. Seemed like they liked me at the end. Got an email two days after saying I didn’t get the position.

Interview Questions

• What would be the hardest thing to over come if a student is pushing back?   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DeVry University (Long Beach, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I went to a local career fair and spoke with a Devry representative. I expressed my desire to work in higher education. The representative stated that she would pass my resume on to several departments. Lo and behold, a few days later I received a call from a Devry recruiter trying to get me to enroll in their MBA program. Very deceptive.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking to go back to school? (For the purpose of trying to recruit me into their MBA program).   Answer Question

Student Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University (North Brunswick, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

First I applied online. A day or so afterwards, a recruiter sent over an online assessment. It took about an hour. I eagerly filled it out. The next morning, the recruiter gave me a call, impressed that I had taken the assessment before he even called. We scheduled a phone screen for that following week. After the phone screen, he told me I would be going to the next level -- an in-person interview with the Student Central Manager. That interview occurred the following week.
    After meeting with the manager, I learned more about the role and felt it wasn't the right fit for me. I withdrew my candidacy after that interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you received feedback from a supervisor that you disagreed with?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself and what brought you here today.   1 Answer

Student Support Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University in September 2017.

Interview

About two months after applying online, I received an email with an assessment which I completed the next day. It took me about 40 minutes to complete, it was a combined personality and IQ test. Immediately, the recruiter called me to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went well and at the end of the call I was invited for the in person interview with the manager the same week. The interviewing process was overall simple but the position was not a fit for me as I learned more about the role from the manager. Seemed more like a numbers game than actual student advising or support. The manager was also a bit condescending only half way answering my questions and snickering with the receptionist as I exited the office. The only reason I am not down-rating the interview is because the initial recruiter and his assistant were very professional. The following business day after the interview, I was sent an automated email that they would not move forward in the interviewing process and had selected another candidate. However, the position has yet to be filled. All is well, a week later I was offered a job at a well known university and began working immediately.

Interview Questions

• What about the job description made you interested in this position?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to work the schedule (which requires two nights and occasionally weekends)?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

Very straightforward. Met with two people on the initial day. Everyone was pleasant and very clear about the responsibilities of the position. It seemed to be a very organized office.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview. This was the initial first step as a candidate. Then, I had another phone interview and lastly a webex interview. All three of these were like days apart from each other. The process was fast.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when someone started out excited about something and then further down the road changed their mind. How did you help them to refocus?   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Interview

they held a phone interview, followed by a group interview and then a one on one interview with different levels of management; the process was relatively quick and efficient. follow up was also quick