DeVry University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at DeVry University

2.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry University (Joliet, IL) in April 2020.

Interview

After applying i received a phone call within a week and the lady was so sweet and nice and upbeat. We set up a phone interview 2 days later after the phone interview they set up the skype interview 2 days after that. A quick process i appreciated it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

It took about 2 to 3 weeks. I had a phone interview along with a group meeting interview.
    The interview was straight forward. the group meeting was about an hour and we met several of the managers in the Southeast location.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

The process started with a timed test to take before a phone interview with Talent Acquisition, then a meeting with the manager, then a third web interview with the Group Director

Interview Questions

• Background info, what you would do in certain situations.   Answer Question

Student Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeVry University (Orlando, FL) in September 2019.

Interview

You have to first do a phone interview with HR and then you have to interview with the manager who is also a dean after that he got to decide how many more interviews he wanted you to do.

Student Support Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

I first had a phone screen and was then moved forward to the next step which an in person interview at the site. The recruiter told me one time and told the interviewer another time. He was busy for the rest of the day and was unable to make time for me. The recruiter tried to get me back in as soon as possible and I ended up interviewing with 3 more people. Throughout the process I felt like my time was wasted and giving a candidate the wrong interview time was unacceptable.

Visiting Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University.

Interview

I received an email indicating that they were interested in my application that I sent months before. Asked for official MBA transcripts and set up a telephone interview. Individual from HR never called me and I emailed her 15 minutes after the interview was to take place thinking that I had gotten the information wrong and perhaps I was to call her, and she stated that the phone just rang with no answer. I was literally holding the phone in my hand waiting for the call, and I did follow up via email 15 mins from the time of the scheduled phone call. I was then told that she may have some time later in the day, and asked for a better number, I gave her a second number and never heard back. I emailed her several times to reschedule, but received no response to any of my emails. The level of professionalism is SEVERELY lacking here. I gave valid phone numbers, but if they dialed the wrong number, I am the one who was punished as not being available? I lost PTO time that day from my full time job to make sure that I had no interruptions for the telephone interview. I will never teach for this school, and I have years of teaching experience on site and on line. I am sad that someone who works in a Human Resources department failed to display the purpose of an HR department.

Student Services Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Long wait between email about interview until I was actually interviewed. It was canceled saying that position was mo longer open and then 3 weeks later recruiter contacted me and stated it was open again. The interview itself was very dry and required a mock customer service call the following day. After long process no one sent any information regarding if I received offer or was rejected.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What do you know about company? What type of customer service experience do you have?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Interview

It was very easy. The first step of the interview was with a manager and the second interview was with the Dean. Overall, the interview was very easy for anyone.

Senior Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeVry University (Chicago, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

HR phone interview and two virtual interviews with the hiring manager. Everything happens virtually and over the phone. The position was a remote role and the home office is in IL. they have positions all over the US.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeVry University in October 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and two phone interviews with two different hiring managers. After the first HR interview the interviewer wasn’t sure which available Marketing decision I would be a better fot for so they had me interview with two different hiring managers for two different positions. I got a good feeling about both interviews and then weeks went by. I decided to circle back with HR on an update of my candidacy and never heard a thing. No response to this day. I was completely ghosted. Waste of time.