Deluxe Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deluxe Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.7

Marketing Interview

Interview

Interviewed by three different people in the company. They asked me about my personal and academic background and then gave me a writing exercise that had to do with writing a post on their facebook or twitter page.

Interview Questions

• What events in your past give you the skills for this position?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

They had two rounds for the interview. 1 for HR and another had the technical round. The HR round was mostly about your personality and whether you'd be a good fit to their company. Overall, I would have to say it was a fairly straightforward interview.

Interview Questions

• They had a few technical questions on scope and a few pre defined functions in javascript.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Lenexa, KS) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter. She asked normal behavioral questions and work history. I was scheduled for a face to face interview the very next day. The recruiter explained what the face to face interview would be like. That was very helpful. Once face to face, the hiring manager was very nice and laid back. I was asked about my work history and knowledge of computers. It was a pretty easy interview process.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview

Four interviews - 1st with recruiter (phone), 2nd with director (phone), 3rd with director (in person), 4th with two generalists (in person). The overall interview process went very smoothly and moved pretty quickly (they were eager to fill the position). The recruiter was very professional with following up. When it came down to the offer process, this is when my experience changed. The recruiter followed up to extend an offer the same day I had my final interviews. As soon as I proceeded to negotiate the salary and vacation time- the recruiter's tone of voice completely changed and it's as if she was offended by my counter offer. I asked for slightly more than the offer, and explained that I had an upcoming month-long trip, and needed an extra week of vacation. After following up with the director, they declined both and I had to decline the position. I was shocked that they were so quick to move on simply for a $4,000 salary increase and an extra 5 days of vacation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a big problem at work, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Behavioral interview questions   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Greensboro, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by an out of state recruiter first, then in person interview at local office if selected to move forward. HR reviews interview answers before an offer is made.

Interview Questions

• I'd like for you to sell me this product.   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Monroe, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was obvious there were many applicants and the recruiter was just rapidly performing phone interviews. The recruiter was late for the scheduled phone appointment and then attempted to criticize my cell service for the late call. The recruiter spoke so fast it was obvious they were reading from a script. It was cold and very inhumane. Later I realized it was all a test to see how I would react to the antagonism . However, there were no questions about my qualifications or skills and how they would relate to the position

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for this position.   1 Answer

Deluxe Corporation Response

May 24, 2017 – Social engagement and marketing coordinator

Hello - I really appreciate your feedback and would actually like to talk with you more about your experience. I am the leader of the recruitment function at Deluxe and we work really hard with our... More

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

I received a phone interview less than one week after applying. I was then offered the chance for an in person interview. After accepting the job offer I went through the background check and drug test, which was not a long drawn out process From applying to training it was less than two weeks.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Greensboro, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was actually really good with contacting me with updates. The interview itself was a whole bunch of questions that was centered around customer service. The hiring process was not long. Just the interview part and the lady I interviewed with had no facial expressions whatsoever.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call the following day to set up a phone interview. Phone interview took about 30 minutes. Talked about my experience and she mentioned they needed someone to start very soon, which I told them I was able to do. The next day I received a call to set up an in person interview. The interview took about 4 hours, I toured the facility and had interviews with all of the members of the team. As I was leaving, I was told I would hear back, either way, by the following Monday. The entire interview they really made it clear they needed someone to start very quickly. The day after the interview I sent a thank you note, and after not hearing back on the day I was told, I sent a follow up email. I never received a response. I drove 4 hours to the interview and then the interview (which I was told would be 3 hours) ended up being 4 hours. At the time I was totally okay with it because the job seemed like a good fit. It has been 3 weeks and I have still received no response. For a company who claims they focus on the candidate experience, they have a long way to go. If you are looking for a proactive company, I would look elsewhere.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansdale, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Lansdale, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a first phone interview and the employer covered all the aspects of the job, training period and benefits. It was a very positive experience. Had a second phone interview with a manager and he covered all the expectations of the employer and employee. I am still in the interviewing process but I feel optimistic about this position.

Interview Questions

• The 8 hour shifts range from 8 am to 8 pm and how I felt about working either shift.
      Would I be comfortable being on the phone most of the day.   1 Answer