Deluxe Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deluxe Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.6

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview

Four interviews - 1st with recruiter (phone), 2nd with director (phone), 3rd with director (in person), 4th with two generalists (in person). The overall interview process went very smoothly and moved pretty quickly (they were eager to fill the position). The recruiter was very professional with following up. When it came down to the offer process, this is when my experience changed. The recruiter followed up to extend an offer the same day I had my final interviews. As soon as I proceeded to negotiate the salary and vacation time- the recruiter's tone of voice completely changed and it's as if she was offended by my counter offer. I asked for slightly more than the offer, and explained that I had an upcoming month-long trip, and needed an extra week of vacation. After following up with the director, they declined both and I had to decline the position. I was shocked that they were so quick to move on simply for a $4,000 salary increase and an extra 5 days of vacation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a big problem at work, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Behavioral interview questions   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Greensboro, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by an out of state recruiter first, then in person interview at local office if selected to move forward. HR reviews interview answers before an offer is made.

Interview Questions

• I'd like for you to sell me this product.   1 Answer

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

I received a phone interview less than one week after applying. I was then offered the chance for an in person interview. After accepting the job offer I went through the background check and drug test, which was not a long drawn out process From applying to training it was less than two weeks.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Lenexa, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Process was simple and amazing. Olivia called to ask questions over the phone and set the interview. She had such a wonderful, happy voice that I felt completely at ease. I passed the phone interview followed by a computer aptitude test. The in person interview was with Melanie Wayne; a wonderful woman who was very calm and professional. Melanie made me feel part of the Deluxe family just with the interview alone. Back ground and drug test; all very easy. I have already recommended Deluxe to several past peers; do not let this opportunity pass you by!

Interview Questions

• 5 Adjectives to describe myself.   1 Answer
    • Role play on receiving a Customer Service phone call. "I can't get my image to upload on the website".   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call the following day to set up a phone interview. Phone interview took about 30 minutes. Talked about my experience and she mentioned they needed someone to start very soon, which I told them I was able to do. The next day I received a call to set up an in person interview. The interview took about 4 hours, I toured the facility and had interviews with all of the members of the team. As I was leaving, I was told I would hear back, either way, by the following Monday. The entire interview they really made it clear they needed someone to start very quickly. The day after the interview I sent a thank you note, and after not hearing back on the day I was told, I sent a follow up email. I never received a response. I drove 4 hours to the interview and then the interview (which I was told would be 3 hours) ended up being 4 hours. At the time I was totally okay with it because the job seemed like a good fit. It has been 3 weeks and I have still received no response. For a company who claims they focus on the candidate experience, they have a long way to go. If you are looking for a proactive company, I would look elsewhere.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview

Had a phone screen with the recruiter, which was thorough and informative. She went over their benefits and asked about salary requirements right away - which I always prefer, so nobody's time is wasted. After she spoke with the hiring manager, I was then invited for an in-person interview. The meeting with the hiring manager was somewhat awkward, as I was picking up a lack of enthusiasm from the very start. I did my best to keep a friendly conversation going and ask pertinent questions about the role. But she only asked me 2 questions--one about what I'm doing now and one about my "coding" experience. The interview ended awkwardly with me saying - I don't have anymore questions and her saying "ok" and getting up to show me out. She didn't sell the job very well (although this may be due to her lack of interest) and made it sound like most of the time you're using templates and the highlight of the day is designing emails... Yay? So this wasn't a job I had much interest in myself. I wouldn't have an issue if she'd asked a lot of questions and then displayed a lack of interest. But given she hardly asked me any questions, I felt like I was being assessed on things that had nothing to do with my qualifications. And, yes, I showed up on time, was dressed professionally, and brought a copy of my resume. It's not uncommon for me to get multiple job offers when I'm looking (I have a versatile skill set in my field). Really, this isn't a reflection on the company. They handled things professionally and got back to me in a timely manner. This is more a reflection on the hiring manager and a need to work on interviewing skills.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansdale, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Lansdale, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a first phone interview and the employer covered all the aspects of the job, training period and benefits. It was a very positive experience. Had a second phone interview with a manager and he covered all the expectations of the employer and employee. I am still in the interviewing process but I feel optimistic about this position.

Interview Questions

• The 8 hour shifts range from 8 am to 8 pm and how I felt about working either shift.
      Would I be comfortable being on the phone most of the day.
      1 Answer

Sales, Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Lancaster, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online at jobs.deluxe.com and I was emailed about 6 days after my application to schedule a phone interview. I went online and scheduled the interview for the following day. Cathy, the corporate hiring manager (I think), called and asked some basic questions and told me about the job. She sent me a computer literacy test that took about 3 minutes to complete. The next day, she called back and said she wanted to proceed with the in person interview. The following Tuesday, I went into the location and was interviewed first by a man who asked basic questions, then he introduced me to a hiring manager named Sarah who asked me more questions. It was relaxed, and the job seems like fun. She said they're still doing interviews, and I will know in the next few weeks whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite small business? How would you sell a product to them if their business is declining?   Answer Question
    • Sell me one of your favorite products. (I chose Microsoft Surface)   Answer Question

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Terrible,the interviewer acted like I was wasting her time and that she personally didn't like me at all. At one point during the interview she was in her email,so unprofessional. She stopped me in the middle of answering questions to say that I wasn't answering her question. She even took the time to make me feel bad about not coming to a job fair I didn't know they had a few days before.

Interview Questions

• they asked me to sell something I didn't like.   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

It was brief and didn't involve enough people. The recruiter was experienced and the initial phone screen was good. Provided helpful information about the people I'd be working for and made sure to leave time to entertain my questions. Clearly a cheerleader for the company. The interview with the hiring manager was not rigorous, and this person was not a cheerleader for the company. Have to give them points for being honest, though. The interview process did not include direct reports.

Interview Questions

• How much hands-on work I was willing to do in addition to strategy and leadership.   Answer Question