Denny's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017

1.8

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Denny's (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Interviewed over a cigarette after five days of waiting and with in thirty mins I was filling out paper work and started the next day. I sure do muss gettin jobs like that

Assistant Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Denny's (Burlington, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Well this was my first time filling one out so I'm nervous but hopefully I filled it out Right. I am really hoping I get the job. I wanna be able to start helping others like they've helped me. And I wanna be successful in life, not asking others to buy me stuff or borrowing others money.

Sous Chef Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Denny's.

Interview

It was very corporate had interview with three different managers I also did not like how some of the managers were in charge and I think I was too qualified and could have their positions of

Waitress/Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Denny's (Denton, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

well she was devolging information unneeded and unproffesional about her problems with the night shift at this location. she semed very desprite, rushing threw the interview. you could tell she had no passion for her carrer and was unhappy about being there.

Interview Questions

• when can you start
      why do u wanna work for dennys
      whats your availability   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Denny's (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

I applied for Denny's through a headhunter. I did not realize I applied to Denny's until the franchise owner called me, told me that he was very impressed with my resume, and wanted to schedule me for an interview with the area director. Later, on the day of the interview, the headhunter called me to give me some advice in preparation for the interview. I met the area director, read my resume, and asked me why I wanted to leave my current job. I stood out from the other applications because my background includes restaurant management where I need to cook, prep, and be very hands-on, instead of acting as an office manager. I was offered the job a week later and subsequently accepted the position a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current place of employment?   Answer Question
    • What are your main responsibilities at your current job?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Denny's (Chester, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

EXTREMELY BRIEF. I was actually rather upset that I drove 20 minutes to sit down with the manager for all of 30 seconds. I was only asked my first and last name and availability (which was all listed on the application) then the interview was concluded.

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Denny's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Met with manager, didn't really ask many questions except can I work. Got drivers license and as card, got the job.very short and sweet, nothing really like a real interview. Very informal, you could tell they really needed help.
    Not sure what else to share because there wasn't much to go on.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?
      Would you be able to work weekends?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prescott, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Denny's (Prescott, AZ).

Interview

I was called in for 2 separate interviews. I was hired and work on the weekends. The managers were very nice and accommodating. It took no time at all to hear from them after filling out my application.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Denny's (Hayward, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

We had great communication, and eye contact. We also talk about my salary. My hours. Also what days i was going to work. She asked about my GPA. I have permission from my school to work. I told her a little bit about my life.

Interview Questions

• Do you have available transportation?   1 Answer
    • How old are you?   1 Answer
    • Are you attending to school.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Denny's (Houston, TX).

Interview

brief, only a couple of questions, I already knew many of the workers there so they had put in a good word for me. I got the job instantly . I was certified in food safety which also contributed to my hiring.