Denny's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Denny's

1.9

Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Denny's (Spartanburg, SC) in November 2017.

Interview

The entire interview took over a month. I do not live near the headquarters. I was misled that this would be a remote position. I drove 4 hours to the headquarters for the last interview. I was told upon arrival that they would want me to eventually relocate to their awful city. I was then no offered the job because I did not have restaurant experience. Complete waste of time, and confused why I was considered in the first place. They are a mess and will talk about themselves the entire interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did they make sewers round? The guy was unprepared and was making up questions because of said unpreparedness.   1 Answer

Wait Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockwall, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Denny's (Rockwall, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

looks at you to see if customers will like who is taking their order, filled out paper work and told to start the next day. we sat and talked at the bar

Interview Questions

Negotiation

can you start tommorrow

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Denny's (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Interviewed over a cigarette after five days of waiting and with in thirty mins I was filling out paper work and started the next day. I sure do muss gettin jobs like that

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Denny's (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I was sat down with two people. It felt like a good cop bad cop scenario. I was asked questions mostly about my reliability on getting to work. After that it was the usual stuff where they are just trying to feel out your personality, which is important for a waiter.

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Denny's (Danbury, CT).

Interview

Had two interviews. Make sure you present yourself as clean with a shaved beard for the interviews at least. No one likes hair in their food. They ask several questions as to you prior experience serving. Denny's is fast paced so have an answer as to how you will be able to manage your time efficiently.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Your hourly pay is dependent upon your state. Tips always vary upon performance.

Anonymous Employee in Port Huron, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Denny's (Port Huron, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Really easy questions about teamwork, attitude, and friendliness. The manager called me to set up an interview and it was pretty basic stuff. We sat in a booth and just talked for a few minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingman, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Denny's (Kingman, AZ) in June 2018.

Interview

Started out well , except I applied for a waitress/server position and one of the first questions were, “I don’t know why but the other manager wants to know if you can hostess” So I told them that’s not what I put a resume in for and they even had me come in for a second interview so I was very excited and positive I would be hired. I mean why would they have me come in for a second interview if I wasn’t being at least considered. But no!! At the end of the second interview they said well we are hiring for a hostess so we’ll give you a call if a position comes open. They waisted my time, money, and gas for NOTHING!!

Interview Questions

• Asked quite a few questions. The on that stands out and that I have a problem with was ”will you be willing to be a hostess”   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Milford, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Denny's (New Milford, PA) in July 2011.

Interview

It was a very comfortable setting. They asssured me they would be able to work around my college classes. No one was intimidating or over bearing with questions. They were also very interested in hiring people, so they reviewed my resume privately, offered the job, and then proceeded with the interiew.

Interview Questions

• What kind of conflict situations have you encountered and how did you handle them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate which shifts I specifically wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Denny's (Stockton, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I called to see if they were hiring. I went in with my resume. They interviewed me on the spot. Called me the next day & i got the job!

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I saw someone stealing?   1 Answer

Another job prospect called me the same day that was closer to where I lived.

Any Available Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Denny's (Spartanburg, SC) in June 2012.

Interview

I walked into the restaurant and was seated in the dining room with the manager where she interviewed me there where everyone, customers and employees alike, could see and hear

Interview Questions

• Can you function well under fast paced conditions?   1 Answer
    • Have you had experience in food service before?   1 Answer