Denny's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

1.8

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Denny's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Met with manager, didn't really ask many questions except can I work. Got drivers license and as card, got the job.very short and sweet, nothing really like a real interview. Very informal, you could tell they really needed help.
    Not sure what else to share because there wasn't much to go on.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?
      Would you be able to work weekends?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Prescott, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Denny's (Prescott, AZ).

Interview

I was called in for 2 separate interviews. I was hired and work on the weekends. The managers were very nice and accommodating. It took no time at all to hear from them after filling out my application.

Interview Questions

• How did you here about us.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Denny's (Houston, TX).

Interview

brief, only a couple of questions, I already knew many of the workers there so they had put in a good word for me. I got the job instantly . I was certified in food safety which also contributed to my hiring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Denny's (Long Beach, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was a walk-in applicant and they interviewed me right on the spot. Refused to work around my school schedule and didn't ask me anything related to the job title I wanted.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Denny's (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Hiring manager was late. Seemed distracted. Asked questions I would ask a dish washer. He then kept looking at his phone. He was unprepared. Then he stepped out to smoke. I wouldn't wanna work for this guy

Interview Questions

• What does on time mean to you?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Denny's (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I walked in to the store and asked for an application. I filled it out, then was told to bring it to the hiring manager when they became available. I came in later and spoke with the hiring manager. They asked me about my availability and if I had any restaurant experience. Very simple process

Kitchen Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Denny's (Bakersfield, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very very very unprofessional didn't accept my hand shake never asked my name I stepped up and introduced very very disrespectfuln she never kept eye contact hard to understand most of what was said .. and she chuckled when I said thank you for taking your time to interview with me I look forward yo hearing from u soon and tried to shake her hand again.. maybe I was too professional for her

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Denny's (Miami, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online 3 weeks ago. Hiring manager called 2 weeks ago and i did the interview then. He gave me paperwork to fill out 2 weeks ago..havent heard anything yet..called 3 days ago paperwork still not back..slow motion to be a diner waitress??

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Denny's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Walked in and applied. Got a call 5 days later asking me to come in for an interview. Interviewed and 2 days later got called to come in and begin training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered minimum wage. Accepted it as it was my 1st ever job.

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Denny's (Salinas, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Straight forward and not as awkward as I thought it would be. I walked in, waited for the 1:1 interview with a nice yet stern manager, discussed what position I wanted, answered interview questions for about 20 minutes, and signed papers to allow a background check.

Interview Questions

• 1)what is your availability like?
      2)tell me about your job experiences.
      3)tell me about yourself.
      4)give me an example of how you handled a difficult situation.
      5)give me an example of how you helped out a coworker.
      6)have you ever had any complaints towards you.
      7)why would you like to work here?
      8)what would you do during a slow day?
      1 Answer