Discover Strategic Analyst - Operations Leadership Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discover Strategic Analyst - Operations Leadership Program Interview Questions

Strategic Analyst - Operations Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discover (Riverwoods, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

The interview was on campus, and consisted of a half hour case interview, and another half hour of behavioral questions. The case component centered around coming up with strategies, downsides, benefits, and general things to consider about strategies associated with how to contact customers who were behind on payments. Finally there was a very specific case with a series of probabilities. I was required to calculate the overall probability of success of a strategy based on these probabilities. Grab a pen, and focus, and you'll be alright.

The second half of the interview was behavioral. Started with the walk me through your resume, why Discover, why this position, and then the behavioral questions.

I actually thought the case that involved the probabilities was fairly difficult. Definitely felt a little dry as well. Not a very exciting introduction to the financial services world, and definitely the most technical interview I had of the 8 places I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• If we undertake a campaign to contact our 30 day overdue group of customers, what is our overall probability of success given the following probabilities:
    50% chance of having their e-mail on file